Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    CityStar420

60gb B.C phat Ps3 YLoD while restoring hdd?

Searched high and low for a post similar to mine and couldnt find one... new to this site so dont bash me to bad lol. Any ways.. bought 2 ps3s with ylod for 50 bucks cuz one had a 320gb hdd which is worth the 50 alone. Both are cecha01 Backwards compatible with aps-226 power supply. The one needed reballed and this one i think the problem is a little different and has nothing to do with the gpu. Ps3 turns on fine fan is on low speed and then it says the hard drive is corrupted needs restored. i click restore and it starts. it gets to 2% everytime and the fan goes haywire and then ylod/blinking red. I can go into safe mode and sit on it just fine fan stays on low. i went through all of the options and nothing. Restore file system just stays saying "preparing please wait" . restore default settings just sits for hours and ps3 fan stays on low!! thats why im thinking its the hard drive. unless the cpu is going bad and cant process the request? but then how can it stay on " restoring default settings do not turn off the system " without the cpu giving up if thats the case? if the gpu was bad (pulling off board , cracked solder , whiskers ) it would overheat because its staying on correct? i need some help here because this is annoying the crap out of me. if you guys think it needs reballed then ill get on it. but i personally dont think it does. iv had it turned on for the last half hour restoring defaults and fan is on low still. Thanks in advance guys and like i said im new here so dont bash me to bad if i posted this in the wrong area. if i did please direct me to the right area for future reference please and thank you!

Arctic silver 5 paste 19 blade fan new thermal pads.

Fan just kicked into 2nd when i posted this. pretty warm but not as warm as my launch xbox 360

Temp at back of ps3 is 110 degrees F at side is 103.5 degrees F been stuck on preparing please wait screen for 45 minutes now. Loading circle in top right corner is still spinning... me = confused and a half x2
    Last edited by BadBoyJTB; 10-03-2013 at 20:55.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    First I would check to see if the hard rives do actually work.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

PSN ID
    CityStar420
    After letting it stay on that screen for over an hour my ps3 was 117 degrees at back and 108 at side. Went to restore file system and it jumped to 118 sat for a minute got to 2% on restoring and YLoD again this time fan didnt go haywire. I hooked it up to my computer and it shows up as Unallocated like it should but made this crazy beep sound when i did. I bought the system like this is it possible dude bricked it trying to mod or maybe the update everyone was talking about bricked it?? IDK! have never had this problem and cant find any answers anywhere. No warranty obviously. Any other ideas man? ive done everything i can think of so im open to try whatever ideas you throw. even if it includes sticking it in the driveway and running it over lolol

PSN ID
    CityStar420
    it almost has to be something with the cpu or gpu or the ram chips on the gpu idk. gonna do a reball and see what happens

Extreme Poster
    ok but you don't have to rub it into our faces how your PS3 had B.C. and how it was all O.G. 60GB and stuff.

PSN ID
    CityStar420
    lol i didnt know it was rubbing it in anyones face. my bad. i dont see why people are all "wwooooooo" over b.c ps3s lol. modding a fat ps2 is wayyyy better than having a b.c ps3. unless of course you have a b.c modded ps3 lol. i dont but anyway. might mod one. ive got 3 of them now. all 60gb consoles but one has a 320gb b.c hahahahaha.

Extreme Poster
    lol yea i know, i wanted my smartass comment fix tonight.

PSN ID
    CityStar420
    i hear ya on that. sometimes its just necessary to have smartass comments. at LEAST once a day lolol

Apprentice

This definitely sounds like the hdd is corrupted. Have u tried using another HDD?

Thread Information