Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

And so the min/max has begun

So I read the official forums and have seen not only forums, but also in game that min/max is now becoming a staple.
    What is min/max you say why it is an MMO term for getting top results be in damage or healing. Think of it as taking something challanging then making it easier so you can beat it and feel leet though you really just made the challange easy.

The main problem I feared has come true. People are requiring others to min/max. From making cnj/arc lvl thm for instant cast, requiring un godly gear to make things easier, to brining two bard for unlimited mp and tp. And now duty finder for those who have not beaten story or trying to gear up is going to get alot worse.

Vote kick is coming. To those unfamiler it is exactly as it says. A group can vote people out of the group. This tool has proven more harm than good. In wow it was adused so much that they added vote kick protection. So now if your not min/max you may be voted out of a group. The dungeon people farm are story dungeons so you see the problem.

What has started out as a great MMO is still a great MMO but the elitest jerks(99% not as eliet as they think) are making it aweful. I really hope SE does something to make more dungeons that are better farming otherwise new players and those who have yet to complete story may never get the chance to progress because they are not min/max and overgear everything they want to do. The vote kick just gave elitest jerks a new toll to feel better.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I don't think you need to do anything special for the story mode stuff gear-wise but I saw a bard in a Titan HM attmpt that had an empty accessory slot and accessoris that gave +2 and +1. That's NOT Ok I'm afraid. For end game content you need to pull your weight cause skill alone isn't enough. Amdapor Keep and Titan HM are gear checks and I have worked hard for my DL stuff and I kind of appreciate that others are at least working on this if they are in my group. I can see the difference in AK between people who are set up and who aren't. However, for this to be going on anywhere outside of these two areas is kinda lame.

Regarding the vote kick, Yoshi-P has said that he's aware of the possibility of abuse and that they will be implementing protection against that.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I don't think you need to do anything special for the story mode stuff gear-wise but I saw a bard in a Titan HM attmpt that had an empty accessory slot and accessoris that gave +2 and +1. That's NOT Ok I'm afraid. For end game content you need to pull your weight cause skill alone isn't enough. Amdapor Keep and Titan HM are gear checks and I have worked hard for my DL stuff and I kind of appreciate that others are at least working on this if they are in my group. I can see the difference in AK between people who are set up and who aren't. However, for this to be going on anywhere outside of these two areas is kinda lame.

Regarding the vote kick, Yoshi-P has said that he's aware of the possibility of abuse and that they will be implementing protection against that.
    I fully agree with being geared for harder stuff. It is the oh your not in full dl get out for cm I have an issue with. They implementing gear checks for harder stuff. I fully agree with it. Most mmo do this. They lock you out of doimg stuff until you have the right gear.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Come sub time most of the $#@!s will be gone.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Azimuth85
    Items Iron MaidenFinal Fantasy TacticsJoker (limited ICON)Baby ChocoboLightning
    I honestly haven't came across anyone who ever kicked someone for not being to their expectations gear wise. The only time i've ever wanted to kick someone was when I was fighting reg Garuda and one of our DD kept D/C'ing/lagging out and died instantaneous.

I think for every one person out there who is an elitest there are several who aren't. And really, I think some of it has to do with the free time people have.

Here's what I mean.

The game came out (to some of us) several weeks ago and for some of us it only took a fraction of that time to complete it. Really since there isn't a whole lot of options now and new dungeons people are going to expect people to be on the same page. But I think as time passes there will branch out different activities that people will do.

Some, like me just like leveling. Some will get right into PvP and some will stay PvE. If it's anything like FFXI, there will be Sky, Dynamis, Sea, HLNMs, the Aht Urtan duties, etc. It's going to be really difficult for everyone to have EVERYTHING, so there will be less of an expecation to fit into a mold.

I can only hope. And if all else fails, that's what the FC is for. I'd love to do Garuda to help you guys (as much as I hate her and I think by the grace of god I lucked out and beat her-- matter of fact I think I was dead by the end of the run we actually beat her lol)

So just play like you want to. I keep thinking to myself how I want to level a tank. But no fuggin way am I going to get Darklight for a healing class and a tank class. It's not that I couldn't because anyone can sit through a CM for thousands of hours. Does that mean I shouldn't bother levling it? Naaaah

TL;DR
    I think things will get better. Play like you want and just remember that it could be a annoying little sh!t 14 year old trying to tell you that you aren't good enough.

PSN ID : Azimuth85

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Azimuth85
    And really, as a CNJ I can totally see why healers should have insta-cast. For massive AOE, and all of the game's movement tactics, getting in that AOE heal instantly could be a game-changer.

For Scholars having Eos die and trying to summon her again is like casting resurrection on an invisible party member when who knows what damage can happen while casting.

And if some dummy dies having insta-cast res saves a lot of time. I'm all for it and I realize 200% that I put the groups i'm in at a disadvantage by not having it.

Miqo'te Bard
    That insta cast is beyond sick.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Azimuth85
    But other than that I can kind of see where people are splitting hairs if they want a DD to have a Titan weapon over a Garuda weapon.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah endgame is pretty barebones at the moment. Aside from fate/leve grinding other classes/jobs, you can get your DL gear in CM or Prae, START getting AF2 in AK, get your relic and head into BC. When people can start getting into chocobo breeding, racing, developing their properties etc etc then it should hopefully subside. Can't wait for individual player housing. I bet crafters will be super busy when that hits.

Loving the game regardless. There are many awesome people to outnumber the $#@!s...I meet them in AK. Will have mah Wyrm armor by the first week of December .

10. Likes Bluehazeburnout likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bluehazeburnout
    Hence the reason i try to only tank for the FC and not too many randoms on the duty finder,

I know i am not the best tank out there but i learn something new each time i run a dungeon and doing it with you guys is awesome tbh.

Luckily i have had good runs and not bad groups in dungeons but if i am not doing something properly or there is a skill i should be using then feel free to tell me and i will listen so i can improve at tanking.

(although i do know i need to upgrade my accessory's as i have been grinding and managed to over take story and cost to upgrade weapon/armour to current level has taken its toll on keeping my accessory's up to date)

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

The problem is the people who require gear for things youre actually trying to farm for gear... how the eff am i supposed to do Speed runs when people are requiring Garuda Weapon or higher... but i cant do garuda because people want full DL/Relic... well THATS WHY IM FARMING speedruns!!... its bull$#@!... yes i think you need decent gear and at least HAVE gear... but FFS dont gear check me for a $#@!ing CM run that im doing FOR the $#@!ing gear...
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    The problem is the people who require gear for things youre actually trying to farm for gear... how the eff am i supposed to do Speed runs when people are requiring Garuda Weapon or higher... but i cant do garuda because people want full DL/Relic... well THATS WHY IM FARMING speedruns!!... its bull$#@!... yes i think you need decent gear and at least HAVE gear... but FFS dont gear check me for a $#@!ing CM run that im doing FOR the $#@!ing gear...
    Haha it's a chicken or the egg scenario. Guys, lets pull our thumbs out of our butts and organise a time for FC CM runs. I'm going for a second set for my archer class so I'm down. We can work on Yeshua's strategy and get 20 min runs down. I'm going to look over the jobs thread and look azt the CM run guide and come up with a team...we will then arrange a time to play and have a go. We should all be on vent and chatting and grinding instead of dealing with this kind of elitist rubbish.

Thread Information