Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,838
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,583 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post

    Um, I'm not speaking in favor of Insomniac now or in the past. I am neutral/indifferent toward them at best.

    There are several other developers that could be claimed to be dropping the ball and therefore be written off, but we don't hear about them or talk about them do we?

    I think the reason is fairly obvious and essentially falls under the category persona issues.





    Are you still pushing this perceived 'conspiracy'? It's really not like that at all.

    We hear about devs dropping all the time, yet ironically you don't apply your own 'logic' to it; Criterion with Burnout, Madden pretty much every year since they lost competition (or bought out), Infinity Ward (even well before the issues with Zampella/Ward), etvc etc.

    I don't really think it should be an issue worth of any forum's discussion (unless you're talking about the typical childish behavior found in popular IGN, Gamespot etc comments sections).

    It's really a reach when people start pointing fingers.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  2. #27
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    796
    Rep Power
    26
    Points
    84,656 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I liked all the resistance and R&C games. Good developers IMO. Sunset looks like it will be fun. Open world is a plus too.
    Me too, I don't understand how people hated on R3, it was the best in the series. R3>R1>R2 and I love every main R&C

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  3. #28
    Forum Elder
    Venger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,634
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    2,291 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I'm not interested in this game, and I'm actually a pretty big Insomniac fan. I have almost everything they've done since the PS2 era were it could be argued they created the modern accomplishment system with the R&C games, I have the entire R&C series, including All 4 One, Deadlocked, Quest for Booty and Full Frontal Assault, I even have Into the Nexus pre-ordered and I have all 3 Resistance games. But they've been in decline for a while now, All 4 One, Full Frontal, arguably the entire Resistance series and Fuse all had major issues or sucked outright. I wasn't even that happy with the last R&C Future game. Fuse was one of the worst games I've played in a while, not because it wasn't competently made, but because it was so lacking in passion or originality. It felt like they threw all the generic third person shooters into blender and ended with the least inspired generic mush every released. Changing it from the over the top bombastic cartoony Overstrike was a major screw up. Now they are releasing yet another largely generic social third person shooter which aside from the art style looks fairly derivative, I'm so not interested.

    I'm even questioning my pre-order of Into the Nexus, and that at least is partly because I'm a bit OCD on completing sets.

  4. #29
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,880
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,660 (0 Banked)
    only ever liked the Resistance games by Insomniac and while i'd love to see them on Xbox, Sunset Overdrive on Xbox One looks like they may be back on form.

  5. #30
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,049
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,257 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Interesting to see the changing attitudes of people on developers depending on what platforms they develop for.
    That goes both ways. Xbox fans are suddenly very enthusiastic about Insomniac. Could I dream up some ulterior motive about that? Sure......but I'm not going to.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  6. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  7. #31
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,880
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,660 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Interesting to see the changing attitudes of people on developers depending on what platforms they develop for.
    you know that once you say the above (correctly), that the reply will be.......

    "That goes both ways. Xbox fans are suddenly very enthusiastic about....."

    or

    "Not this old chestnut again.. " etc.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 10-06-2013 at 14:55.

  8. #32
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,624
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,390 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The game looks wonderful, probably their best in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    you know that once you say the above (correctly), that the reply will be.......

    "That goes both ways. Xbox fans are suddenly very enthusiastic about....."

    or

    "Not this old chestnut again.. " etc.
    lol that trick only works if you don't do it 2 hours after the post had been made.

  9. Likes MartyRules, Yungstar 2006 likes this post
  10. #33
    Elite Member
    hood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,598
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    4,998 (0 Banked)
    I don't for a second believe that this petition started because Playstation fans were jealous or thought Sunset Overdrive is a great game. It's seemingly obvious to me that people who support Insomniac are upset because, even though most of their games were a let down Insomniac used whatever profits to make an exclusive game for a console they don't plan on purchasing. These are the hardcore fans that Insomniac has pissed off why Insomniac thought this would be a good move is beyond my comprehension. Insomniac has gotten no exposure for Sunset Overdrive noone is interested or talking about it. When Insomniac partnered with Sony the Resistance games were pulled to the front of the lines like the rest of Sony's first party developers. All they had to do was deliver R3 was a great game but sadly because of COD and R2 not being able to compete with the COD series most gamers skipped R3.

    R3 bombed but the game was very good campaign wise the coop on R2 was great but Insomniac let COD cast the larger shadow. I don't even recall MS making any comments on SO its all about the games that sell. IMO Sunset Overdrive will fail there is no room for it to grow. XBOX 360 fans are gonna say Insomniac didn't they make those corny wannabe Halo Killer games. Insomniac could have went right back to their loyal fanbase with a next gen R4 and polished the campaign and improved the coop gameplay. Consistant updates would have kept the game alive and competition from GG would have forced them to try harder little easter eggs like Killzone comic books could have been a friendly gesture. Naughty Dog let you play as Helgast Sunset Overdrive just seems like a destraction or attempt to test the waters and make R4 multiplat.

    I think it's a bad idea all the time wasted on Sunset Overdrive should have been put towards the development of R4. Insomniac are good devs but they have made poor decisions in regards to the longevity of titles released on PS3. GG released Killzone MP, ND released UC MP, and Incognito all offered bait to get more people interested which would lead to a full purchase. Insomniac just let that opportunity go Sunset Overdrive isn't going to get Insomniac and you can bet your bottom dollar R4 multiplat will be announced. I will not be surprised if it fails.

    Xbox fans can come here and praise Insomniac but your not even going to buy Sunset Overdrive or even play the demo. When devs bail on the hardcore they end up like Zipper Interactive.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 10-06-2013 at 22:55. Reason: Fanboy terminology
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

  11. #34
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,838
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,583 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    you know that once you say the above (correctly), that the reply will be.......

    "That goes both ways. Xbox fans are suddenly very enthusiastic about....."

    or

    "Not this old chestnut again.. " etc.
    Seriously?

    So you guys think; people not liking IG = butthurt? Is that the adult, rationale, logical thinking you're going to apply? Serious question.

    Because as a grown human being; I'm tired of overly insecure people on websites that have to believe in conspiracies rather than the honest truth.

    Are there some btthurt? sure. But they're only made of the same cloth of those that are trolling PS fans by saying they are butthurt. PS or Xbox; you guys are one in the same.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  12. Likes FatesServant, Christopher likes this post
  13. #35
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,588
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    18,978 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    At the end of the day Insomniac Games hasnt put out a truly great game since 2011. You dont have to be "butthurt" to see that.

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4


    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  14. Likes Christopher , Admartian likes this post
  15. #36
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,560
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    6,529 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's the first Insomniac game I'm kind of interested in a decade, but I don't have high hopes.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  16. #37
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,533 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    I don't for a second believe that this petition started because Playstation fans were jealous or thought Sunset Overdrive is a great game. It's seemingly obvious to me that people who support Insomniac are upset because, even though most of their games were a let down Insomniac used whatever profits to make an exclusive game for a console they don't plan on purchasing. These are the hardcore fans that Insomniac has pissed off why Insomniac thought this would be a good move is beyond my comprehension. Insomniac has gotten no exposure for Sunset Overdrive noone is interested or talking about it. When Insomniac partnered with Sony the Resistance games were pulled to the front of the lines like the rest of Sony's first party developers. All they had to do was deliver R3 was a great game but sadly because of COD and R2 not being able to compete with the COD series most gamers skipped R3.

    R3 bombed but the game was very good campaign wise the coop on R2 was great but Insomniac let COD cast the larger shadow. I don't even recall MS making any comments on SO its all about the games that sell. IMO Sunset Overdrive will fail there is no room for it to grow. XBOX 360 fans are gonna say Insomniac didn't they make those corny wannabe Halo Killer games. Insomniac could have went right back to their loyal fanbase with a next gen R4 and polished the campaign and improved the coop gameplay. Consistant updates would have kept the game alive and competition from GG would have forced them to try harder little easter eggs like Killzone comic books could have been a friendly gesture. Naughty Dog let you play as Helgast Sunset Overdrive just seems like a destraction or attempt to test the waters and make R4 multiplat.

    I think it's a bad idea all the time wasted on Sunset Overdrive should have been put towards the development of R4. Insomniac are good devs but they have made poor decisions in regards to the longevity of titles released on PS3. GG released Killzone MP, ND released UC MP, and Incognito all offered bait to get more people interested which would lead to a full purchase. Insomniac just let that opportunity go Sunset Overdrive isn't going to get Insomniac and you can bet your bottom dollar R4 multiplat will be announced. I will not be surprised if it fails.

    Xbox fans can come here and praise Insomniac but your not even going to buy Sunset Overdrive or even play the demo. When devs bail on the hardcore they end up like Zipper Interactive.
    Insomniac is just branching out. They are still making games for the PlayStation. They haven't announced any plans for the PS4 yet but that doesn't mean they are ignoring it.

    I'd have liked Sunset Overdrive to be on the PS4 but it's not and if it turns out to be good I'll get it on Xbox One (ofcourse, it would have to be when I get the Xbox One) unless it's a timed-exclusive.

  17. #38
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    9,693 (0 Banked)
    Insomniac havent had the best of titles since they went multiplat, but that said, i find it foolish that so many are so keen to write them off. MS will give them what Sony did which was enough time and freedom to come out with a title that is good, if they fail then it will not be because an EA pushed or wanted too many changes to what the title was initially.

    I have seen mediocre devs push out great titles and stellar devs push out mediocre titles. If anything, i want them to succeed not because the Xbox One is going to be my preffered console come next gen, but because competition drives the industry forward, I have not seen a generation anywhere near as good as current gen and i would love to go on and have those same experiences the coming generation, and that involves having more titles than I have the time nor the money to exhaust.

    There are killer app titles that i have but havent yet put in anything like 3 hours into, and that is an issue i would love to have next generation on both consoles as I have had this generation.

    For that reason, I hope that Insomniac can do what Team Ninja did after NGIII, emulate what GG did when they got over the disappointment that was the initial Killzone, what Turn 10 did when they got their frame rate issues fixed in forza 3. They are a talented outfit, and although we know little of this title, and although i am unlikely to get it even if it is a killer app, it is a title that could push gaming forward, and for that reason alone, I want it to succeed.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

  18. #39
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    365,301 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well I haven't seen gameplay yet so I can't judge how it will be, I liked th trailer when I saw it but it's not really indicative of how the title will play.

    Looks like an online monster killing game... could be okay.

  19. #40
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,880
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,660 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Seriously?

    So you guys think; people not liking IG = butthurt? Is that the adult, rationale, logical thinking you're going to apply? Serious question.
    i'll say a big YES, to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Because as a grown human being; I'm tired of overly insecure people on websites that have to believe in conspiracies rather than the honest truth.
    no insecurities about it. the honest truth is that they make great games on Plantation and are now making (hopefully) a great game on Xbox.

    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Are there some btthurt? sure.
    there you go. your answer to your own posed question above. adult, rational and logical thinking there i see.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 10-20-2013 at 11:09.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.