Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PS4 bundles by retailers mandated by Sony

http://pixelenemy.com/report-forced-...dated-by-sony/ I hope Sony doesn't pull that crap in NA too.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    They are selling standalone units and bundles. I'm torn between like and dislike. More dislike than like though. At least you have the option to get the bundle or the standalone.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    They are selling standalone units and bundles. I'm torn between like and dislike. More dislike than like though. At least you have the option to get the bundle or the standalone.
    Yeah, as long as we continue to have the standalone option at launch then no problem.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Bah, read between the lines, this is pure BS. It specifically says if they want the pre-orders by launch.

It specifically didn't clarify if they were launch day pre-orders. It sounds like instead, if you have a pre-order but it's not a launch day pre-order, then you have the option of turning it into a launch day pre-order by going with the bundle.

Either this or Simply Games simply lied about launch versions and oversold beyond the quantity of launch non-bundled PS4's they were allocated.

Sony isn't forcing this on customers, Sony is simply saying here's what you're getting a launch. It doesn't say that Sony scaled back the amount of non-bundled units at launch. If they did, I'd have expected a direct statement to such a thing, which did not occur.

5. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Well, as for options I guess this is bad-ish Or is it that there are inevitably more bundles than standalone compared to what everyone pre-ordered, and now they (the stores) have to scramble to meet the sheer numbers by changing a lot of them?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Bah, read between the lines, this is pure BS. It specifically says if they want the pre-orders by launch.

It specifically didn't clarify if they were launch day pre-orders. It sounds like instead, if you have a pre-order but it's not a launch day pre-order, then you have the option of turning it into a launch day pre-order by going with the bundle.

Either this or Simply Games simply lied about launch versions and oversold beyond the quantity of launch non-bundled PS4's they were allocated.

Sony isn't forcing this on customers, Sony is simply saying here's what you're getting a launch. It doesn't say that Sony scaled back the amount of non-bundled units at launch. If they did, I'd have expected a direct statement to such a thing, which did not occur.
    Or... they are being sent x amount of standalone systems, and x amount of bundles. It can be looked at as "scaled back". If they wanted to offer more standalone systems, they could do away with the bundles, yes?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Or... they are being sent x amount of standalone systems, and x amount of bundles. It can be looked at as "scaled back". If they wanted to offer more standalone systems, they could do away with the bundles, yes?
    It could be, but what the article implies and Simply Gaming is pushing isn't fully accounted for in their statement of what Sony is doing. Given that, it sounds like they're trying to blame it on Sony, but in reality Simply Games either overcommitted or didn't understand what Sony had committed to them. So IMHO, Simply Games simply $#@!ed up based on the information at hand and are now trying to play the blame game with a rather lackluster statement of what Sony is doing.

PS: FWIF, I'd be willing to swap out my Launch day PS4 for a couple different bundles since I've also got a second controller, PS4 Eye, Watch Dogs and AC:BF on order for launch.
    Last edited by TAZ427; 10-04-2013 at 20:20.

Ultimate Veteran
    Iam geting a ps4 day one no bundle with cod

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Sounds like small time retailer received an allocation of both standalone and bundles and is trying to pull a fast one on it's customers, by forcing an up sell.

Says more about the trustworthiness of "simply games". BTW I've never heard of them and I've been buying stuff online in the UK since 2001.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

11. Likes TAZ427 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Are the bundles by Sony or by the retailer?

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/simpl...iative/0122223

update from simply games the retailer in question

Online retailer Simply Games has confirmed to MCV that it’s PS4 pre-order upgrade plan has not been forced upon it by Sony.

The company has been contacting customers who have pre-ordered a PS4 telling them that they must upgrade to a more expensive bundle to secure their machine.

“We are aware of some fairly major inaccuracies that have been reported on various web sites,” Simply Games director Neil Muspratt told MCV. “Whilst this is very regrettable, we have taken the decision not to get involved with internet speculation, rumours and untruths.

“We can confirm that ours is largely a retailer-lead initiative and on site we have listed a combination of Sony bundles and our own PS4 bundle offers. By and large these offers have been very well received, to the point at which our launch allocation has now all been sold through.”
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    So, basically, they are out of what they are going to get...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    What's wrong with bundles?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member

Seems this is limited to a single retailer but I don't think it would be necessarily bad of Sony to have a certain amount of stand alone and certain amount of bundles at launch. You can always wait for a stand alone...also Sony may have teamed up with certain publishers to help push their games in exchange for marketing support/dlc. There is a trade off. As long as they aren't forcing people to change their order to keep their launch date this is no news to me. If its just people upset because Sony said we have 1.5 million stand alone units and 250k various bundle units...and the stand alone are sold out and thats all that is left...well that isn't a problem to me. I'm super happy with my pre-order but if all that was available was a BF4 or KZ4 bundle I would have done it.

Veteran
    Statement from Sony (SCEE)

Sony is not and would not force anyone to buy something they don’t want. We value our consumers and offered the bundles precisely to give them choice and value. And the key word there is choice.

We continue to work closely with our retail partners to ensure we offer this choice against the challenges of managing demand and inventory in the climate of amazing excitement and unprecedented demand for PlayStation 4.
    Nice comeback.

PSN ID
    Loopoiu
    I mean so far the bundles have been good and as said before ps4 are doing standalone buys so yeah I think they are doing great

Dedicated Member
    Sony is launching in multiple terrtories including NA , asia , australia et al and i haven't heard about bundles being forcefully mandated by sony elsewhere. This here could be a retailer thing (maybe their margin on selling on a bundle is higher).

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Sony is launching in multiple terrtories including NA , asia , australia et al and i haven't heard about bundles being forcefully mandated by sony elsewhere. This here could be a retailer thing (maybe their margin on selling on a bundle is higher).
    It was already rebutted by Sony and Simply Games came back and admitted it was sales tactics and nothing that Sony did.

Thread Information