Elite Guru

Some Guys From Guerilla Games Were In Awe Of Ryse

Can't wait to get my hands on it!!

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Cry...-E3-59478.html

ďI even had to open the cupboard to prove it to some guys from Guerilla who didnít believe me. At the demo stations our kits were on top of the cupboard directly connected to the screens, so no way we could have done anything else other than run on kits.Ē
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Community and Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Hmmm, I wonder if the "guys from Guerilla" remember the conversation the same way. Maybe....the graphics of the game have been the star so far.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder if the "guys from Guerilla" remember the conversation the same way. Maybe....the graphics of the game have been the star so far.
    It's crytek. If anything, their games are impressive in the graphics department. Not surprised that another dev would be impressed.

4. Likes Foraeli likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Guerilla Games has a good eye for fantastic visual fidelity.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's crytek. If anything, their games are impressive in the graphics department. Not surprised that another dev would be impressed.
    Lets not forget that Crytek's Cryengine was influenced heavily by the gains brought forward by GG

Deferred rendering is the staple of every modern game engine and GG championed its use on consoles.

granted, it wasn't "new" or "never before implemented". Shrek used it in 2001 iirc. But it did shape the industry we know today.

I've been on the bench regarding Ryse. i expect 1080 from every title. so its lost some point there. also hate the Art design....but that's just me!

It looks good, no doubt. I can see why the Guerilla guys were impressed, but the game will rise or fall on its story (ooo i punned hard )
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Lets not forget that Crytek's Cryengine was influenced heavily by the gains brought forward by GG

Deferred rendering is the staple of every modern game engine and GG championed its use on consoles.

granted, it wasn't "new" or "never before implemented". Shrek used it in 2001 iirc. But it did shape the industry we know today.

I've been on the bench regarding Ryse. i expect 1080 from every title. so its lost some point there. also hate the Art design....but that's just me!

It looks good, no doubt. I can see why the Guerilla guys were impressed, but the game will rise or fall on its story (ooo i punned hard )
    That's like saying "the motion blu in Killzone SF was influenced heavily by the gains brought forward by Crytek. Granted, it wasn't new or never before implemented. (Insert movie) used it in 2001 iirc. But it did shape the industry we know today."

Simply put, GG didn't heavily influence game engines. They were just the first to make the logical jump everyone already planned to make eventually. All GG was was the first studio to adapt deferred rendering to real-time video game application. As far as real-time graphics application just in general, it's been around a lot longer than Killzone, and the same goes for Crytek with SSAO.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    That's like saying "the motion blu in Killzone SF was influenced heavily by the gains brought forward by Crytek. Granted, it wasn't new or never before implemented. (Insert movie) used it in 2001 iirc. But it did shape the industry we know today."

Simply put, GG didn't heavily influence game engines. They were just the first to make the logical jump everyone already planned to make eventually. All GG was was the first studio to adapt deferred rendering to real-time video game application. As far as real-time graphics application just in general, it's been around a lot longer than Killzone, and the same goes for Crytek with SSAO.
    so essentially what i said? o_O

you're point of contention being?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

10. Likes mistercrow, Ghost likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    so essentially what i said? o_O

you're point of contention being?
    You said the GG heavily influenced Crytek's engine. I told you they didn't. So yea, essentially what you said?.. o_O

12. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    You said the GG heavily influenced Crytek's engine. I told you they didn't. So yea, essentially what you said?.. o_O
    at the time of Killzones 2 release, Crytek were still an arrogant PC company who thought consoles were beneath them.

The efficiency derived from killzone had an obvious effect on the direction the company took.

if you're going to be pedantic, apply it to every aspect. don't pick and choose where it would best suit you.

To say Killzone didn't influence the market in some way is simply ignorant. their bogus trailer got heads turning in their direction very early on.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    at the time of Killzones 2 release, Crytek were still an arrogant PC company who thought consoles were beneath them.

The efficiency derived from killzone had an obvious effect on the direction the company took.

if you're going to be pedantic, apply it to every aspect. don't pick and choose where it would best suit you.

To say Killzone didn't influence the market in some way is simply ignorant. their bogus trailer got heads turning in their direction very early on.
    You aren't making a lick of sense. How am I not apply it to every aspect, and how am I pick and choose where it would best suit me? What I applied to GG I applied to Crytek, or did you just read past that intentionally? As far as your unsubstantiated talk about Crytek being an arrogant PC company who thought consoles were beneath them, don't make up stories that simply suit your fancies best. Crytek was hiring PS3 programmers as early as April of 2007, way before Crysis even launched, and Crytek themselves talked of the possibility of Crysis releasing on multiple platforms back in July of 2007. But lets just call every developer who has ever created a platform exclusive arrogant.

http://www.psu.com/a000816/Crysis-co...S3-says-Crytek

Posted July 31st, 2007 at 14:05 EDT by Mike Harradence
    Last edited by Foraeli; 10-05-2013 at 07:36.

15. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Superior Member
    Hey I love my Sony console just as much as the next but Ryse is one pretty ass game. To me, it looks even better after the decrease in triangles or whatever was that new hot topic of bashing.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog

To be honest Crytek at the time flip flopped a lot on their stance of consoles, first they wanted to work on them, then they didn't, then they did.

Super Elite
    i think any dev would be impressed with how Ryse looks, after all... Crytek are not just making a game, they will also be using this to sell there Cryengine to others.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    To be honest thats the only thing crytek seems to be good at.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Thread Information