Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

The Countdown Begins.....

Alright guys, I'm stuck. The day has finally come for me. Today I am done with my PS3. I've finished my last game and now the calendar watching begins for the PS4.

Today I reached that point where I'm happy with my time in GTA5. Many people will be like WTF?! It's only been out a matter of weeks! Well I understand that, and I'm not going to completely box it up and sell it, I will dabble in a few more side things like arms trafficking and general mad chaos chases for fun. But I'm done. I've completed the story, many side missions etc. GTA Online is good fun when it works but it mighty fragile.

Now comes why I'm not buying or interested in any more current gen games. Firstly I want Fifa14, I have a battle with my wallet everyday to prevent from buying it as I'm waiting for the PS4 version. I want to go into it fresh. I'm more of a career mode person so I'd hate to get seasons in building my team to then start again. I am getting Fifa14, Killzone Shadow Fall, Watch Dogs and Call of Duty Ghosts for PS4 launch. (Drive Club PS+ edition and Blacklight 1st day downloads)

So I'm wondering are any other people on here in the same boat? Are you not interested in Beyond or GT6 and just waiting for PS4? I'm trading my PS3 and GTA5 in the day before launch day as there's no need to keep my PS3. I'm not a very collector-y person. I love getting the experience and enjoyment then moving on. Kinda like the cinema, I prefer to watch my films there and rarely buy on blu ray unless it's an absolute favourite of mine.

Also I'm not getting rid of my PS3 right now because A) I'll be mucking about on GTA5 for small periods of time and B) I have netflix stuff to watch
    Last edited by The Anderlation; 10-05-2013 at 19:34.

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nope, too many PS3 games coming even if I was interested in PS4 at this point. I never sell my consoles though and still play my PS2.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I'll be keeping my PS3 for a while at least. There is still plenty of use for it with PS+.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Ouch I wouldnt dream of skipping Beyond: Two Souls, Ratchet & CLank: Into The Nexus, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, or Dark Souls 2. I got the PS4 preordered (first time ever) and should get it day one. Im going to be so busy after November

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Apprentice
    I'm very much digging the share button on ps4. I find myself saying "oh that was so cool, wish I could share this on my profile" or "what a great goal, shame I can't show it off directly on my profile"

I'm not a fan of any of the games like Dark Souls 2, Beyond etc. Watch Dogs, Division, Destiny and The Crew have really caught my eye and impressed me though

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    My ps3 will be moving into my bedroom when the ps4 hits, the ps4 will be taking the ps3 place in my games room. I couldn't hold off buying fifa 14 and I have it pre ordered for ps4.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    My ps3 will be moving upstairs to my bedroom, ps4 will be in living next to my snes.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anderlation View Post
    Alright guys, I'm stuck. The day has finally come for me. Today I am done with my PS3. I've finished my last game and now the calendar watching begins for the PS4.

Today I reached that point where I'm happy with my time in GTA5. Many people will be like WTF?! It's only been out a matter of weeks! Well I understand that, and I'm not going to completely box it up and sell it, I will dabble in a few more side things like arms trafficking and general mad chaos chases for fun. But I'm done. I've completed the story, many side missions etc. GTA Online is good fun when it works but it mighty fragile.

Now comes why I'm not buying or interested in any more current gen games. Firstly I want Fifa14, I have a battle with my wallet everyday to prevent from buying it as I'm waiting for the PS4 version. I want to go into it fresh. I'm more of a career mode person so I'd hate to get seasons in building my team to then start again. I am getting Fifa14, Killzone Shadow Fall, Watch Dogs and Call of Duty Ghosts for PS4 launch. (Drive Club PS+ edition and Blacklight 1st day downloads)

So I'm wondering are any other people on here in the same boat? Are you not interested in Beyond or GT6 and just waiting for PS4? I'm trading my PS3 and GTA5 in the day before launch day as there's no need to keep my PS3. I'm not a very collector-y person. I love getting the experience and enjoyment then moving on. Kinda like the cinema, I prefer to watch my films there and rarely buy on blu ray unless it's an absolute favourite of mine.

Also I'm not getting rid of my PS3 right now because A) I'll be mucking about on GTA5 for small periods of time and B) I have netflix stuff to watch
    Thank you, I forgot Blacklight was PSN, yay!

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    My ps3 will be moving upstairs to my bedroom, ps4 will be in living next to my snes.
    Have you heard of the RETRON 5?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Sort've in the same boat, I guess. Last game I'll be purchasing for the PS3 will most likely be Final Fantasy X HD Collection. I imagine I'll be getting a PS4 for Christmas, with what game(s) I have no idea. In the mean time FIFA 14 and GTA will tide me over.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    No problem

@Shockwave - At least you have fifa14 I'm still rolling with 13 and damn it I want the new kits, the new players and finally my beloved Goodison Park!

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    No problem

@Shockwave - At least you have fifa14 I'm still rolling with 13 and damn it I want the new kits, the new players and finally my beloved Goodison Park!
    Yeah, ironically it's the year that actually warrants the purchase since it's quite different gameplay-wise to previous iterations!

Apprentice
    I know I'm gutted mate. As I said in the OP I am fighting myself from getting the current gen as I want the next gen one and want to be fresh

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    I know I'm gutted mate. As I said in the OP I am fighting myself from getting the current gen as I want the next gen one and want to be fresh
    Early indications are that it's not much different, just a little more bloom or something. Still, it'd obviously be better in any case, so it's probably worth waiting. Finally got into Ultimate Team, made a German team, it's looking good for my first try!

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Nope, too many PS3 games coming even if I was interested in PS4 at this point. I never sell my consoles though and still play my PS2.
    Keeping mine aswell because I know if i end up selling it i'll regret it later. Yup and theres tons of Ps3 games that needs playing and more coming.
    Playing - Tales of Vesperia (secret missions),Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Awaiting - Tales of Xillia 2, Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    If you can afford it.....keep your PS3 and still play the games you want. Except FIFA. I completely understand not wanting to buy it twice.

You can always trade it in, but once you do...you'll have to buy it back if you want to play any of those games.....or wait an extra long time for them to be put on PSN.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I feel the same as the op for the same reasons. I always trade up towards the next gen console and never look back.

I wouldnt sell my PS3 I still plenty of multi player games that have single player not finished and im waiting for south park stick of truth

Super Elite
    I'll stick with my PS3 for the moment until after Christmas.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Thread Information