Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    I understand where you're coming from, but this is really only good for people who constantly shop at gamestop. Those powerup rewards take more than a couple purchases to get to 10,000 depending what you purchase. At the same time they don't have to offer this, so for those who shop here constantly anyways it's nice but personally I just can't stand gamestop. Two examples:

-They don't give you more money on limited edition trade in's but they sell them as limited edition when they sell it after buying it from you.
    -I was going to get Tales of Abyss for the 3DS and they had 1 new copy left and he hands me a open copy, he says it's new because no one played it but I told him what is the difference between this and a used one? Because apparently if I open one and say it's still new I'd be lying but if they do it's perfectly fine and they're allowed to sell it as new price. And he says "you're gonna be one of those people?" ridiculous.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    Nice deal ya got there! I had similar with GAME over here in the UK when i got my Vita. cant remember exactly but i traded in a load of old games, i had it pre-ordered so i got a good price on that, think i used some of my points on my points card. whole thing, Vita, memory card, Uncharted, case and 20 PSN Voucher

Was Well chuffed! I walked in expecting to spend about 300 all together, Nope!
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.
    It was a forum signature full of nonsense

3. Likes Christopher wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but this is really only good for people who constantly shop at gamestop. Those powerup rewards take more than a couple purchases to get to 10,000 depending what you purchase. At the same time they don't have to offer this, so for those who shop here constantly anyways it's nice but personally I just can't stand gamestop. Two examples:

-They don't give you more money on limited edition trade in's but they sell them as limited edition when they sell it after buying it from you.
    -I was going to get Tales of Abyss for the 3DS and they had 1 new copy left and he hands me a open copy, he says it's new because no one played it but I told him what is the difference between this and a used one? Because apparently if I open one and say it's still new I'd be lying but if they do it's perfectly fine and they're allowed to sell it as new price. And he says "you're gonna be one of those people?" ridiculous.
    Yeah, I have paid attention to the "new" games being sold at my local Gamestop. They have been very good about handing me shrink-wrapped copies of games....and not open items. I have complained in the past to other Gamestops where I used to live about this. I remember in the past when EVERY new copy of a game was in an envelope in a drawer. You brought up the "new" case to the register and they went and dug up the "new" disc. That was absurd. Now it seems most new copies are actually new, unopened.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah, it's kinda YMMV when it comes to a lot of things with Gamestop. There are two within 45 miles east and west of me. Both are really good in terms of not really having a legit reason to complain about them. On the other hand, I've been to a few others that were with a very anti-consumer friendly attitude.

I frequent the ones that are more about pleasing customers than following the "Gamestop sucks" mentality lol.

Bandw!dth Savior
    People can say what they want about gamestop, and they'd be right in doing so.
    But with the vita being such a niche console already, i'm glad there is somewhere I can grab titles with out having to shop online.
    I'm an instant gratification type of person, so walking in and finding what i'm looking for is ideal.
    Digital Recess
    Signed up before PS3 launch, back again for PS4

Sony

7. Likes RyanGT wishes they had posted this first.
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Idenowhereiam View Post
    People can say what they want about gamestop, and they'd be right in doing so.
    But with the vita being such a niche console already, i'm glad there is somewhere I can grab titles with out having to shop online.
    I'm an instant gratification type of person, so walking in and finding what i'm looking for is ideal.
    I'm that way for a lot of things gaming-wise too...

9. Likes Acid Snake wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'm that way for a lot of things gaming-wise too...
    Yeah, screw waiting for that **** to come in the mail. Gamestop is a five minute walk for me.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    Yeah, screw waiting for that **** to come in the mail. Gamestop is a five minute walk for me.
    It's a 45 min drive for me. I'd be there all the time if it were five mins drive/walk for me lol.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yeah, I have paid attention to the "new" games being sold at my local Gamestop. They have been very good about handing me shrink-wrapped copies of games....and not open items. I have complained in the past to other Gamestops where I used to live about this. I remember in the past when EVERY new copy of a game was in an envelope in a drawer. You brought up the "new" case to the register and they went and dug up the "new" disc. That was absurd. Now it seems most new copies are actually new, unopened.
    Mine has NEVER handed me an opened item. Hell they spend 5 minutes just looking for an unopened one before they even suggest it. That kind of floored me the first time, but they are now my game store (even though I dont personally trade games or buy used) unless its cheaper online at the time or hard to find.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I worked at Gamestop for a time, and I avoid buying games from them whenever possible. The corporation itself is bad enough with its ridiculous push on Used items that they make more profit on, but the employees tend to be rampant fanboys (for Xbox 360, back when I worked there). I hate that Amazon is getting all the business that used to belong to brick-&-mortar game stores, but I prefer Amazon to Gamestop.

Just my drunken personal opinion, though...I'm not a qualified expert.

Shut up and play games

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    P.S. - NEVER let a Gamestop sell you a new game that isn't shrink-wrapped! Please trust me on this!

Shut up and play games

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Amazon is still a better value for used games. theres also ebay. If im going to buy something new like i usually do anyway, i have no problem walking into a gamestop and buying something brand new. I will NOT buy a gutted copy of anything. once its open, its not new. ill drive 20 minuets out of my way to go to a Best Buy or a Target instead. I also wont get rid of any of my used games anymore. I like my collections. The only thing ill trade in is MLB the show every year. no sense in having a 6 year old baseball game ill never touch. I still get points for buying new games. right now i got about 26K points.

Like i said before though.... im not going to buying anything used from gamestop because its almost always cheaper on amazon and ebay. And i certainly never go out of my way to go there.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a ####load of bubble gum"

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    P.S. - NEVER let a Gamestop sell you a new game that isn't shrink-wrapped! Please trust me on this!
    Yeah I didn't buy it I just left. Theirs no way I'd give someone even $1 more for something that is falsely advertised.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I worked at Gamestop for a time, and I avoid buying games from them whenever possible. The corporation itself is bad enough with its ridiculous push on Used items that they make more profit on, but the employees tend to be rampant fanboys (for Xbox 360, back when I worked there). I hate that Amazon is getting all the business that used to belong to brick-&-mortar game stores, but I prefer Amazon to Gamestop.

Just my drunken personal opinion, though...I'm not a qualified expert.
    I don't deal with them if they act like that. Luckily, the two stores I do visit don't have people like that. Unless they are like that, and they take the calm side while customers are there lol.
    I won't ever buy a "new" game lol.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't deal with them if they act like that. Luckily, the two stores I do visit don't have people like that. Unless they are like that, and they take the calm side while customers are there lol.

I won't ever buy a "new" game lol.
    inspect the shrink wrap, some gamestops actually have shrink wrap machines in their back room, and you can tell the difference.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a ####load of bubble gum"

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I love going to gamestop near times square every time i am in nyc and chatting **** with xbox hardcor3 behind the counter...good guys.

Thread Information