Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    markgrindcore

NAT Type 3...Have tried for days.

I have currently been trying to change from NAT 3 over to NAT 2 with no luck at all. I have a linksys E2000 and i have watched countless tutorials with zero luck....Am i missing something? will i ever be able to have an enjoyable online experience? Any help is greatly appreciated, i will provide any information needed. Thank you.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Had to pull out the 'ol bookmarks for this one lol

http://netnix.org/2011/09/06/understanding-ps3-nat/

Give that a good read.

PSN ID
    markgrindcore
    I fully understand the link you have sent me, This is why I'm so very frustrated in this whole thing.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Try and start from scratch. Reset the modem, and router. Turn off router. Have the PS3 wired straight to your modem. Then go from modem to router, PS3 hooked to router. Nothing else connected, etc. See what NAT you get from there.

Also post your internet type, modem model and firmware version, same with router.

PSN ID
    markgrindcore
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Try and start from scratch. Reset the modem, and router. Turn off router. Have the PS3 wired straight to your modem. Then go from modem to router, PS3 hooked to router. Nothing else connected, etc. See what NAT you get from there.

Also post your internet type, modem model and firmware version, same with router.
    I do not have a modem, i have satellite internet because im out of any other providers line range. But i have a linksys E2000 router firmware 1.0.03

I swear im not being lazy, i have really tried everything i can possibly think of.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I gotcha. I didn't mean to imply that you were being lazy. Just trying to list all the steps I'd start with. Which provider are you using?

PSN ID
    markgrindcore
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I gotcha. I didn't mean to imply that you were being lazy. Just trying to list all the steps I'd start with. Which provider are you using?
    I am through talk wireless in canada.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    shadowrth
    I had the same issue I got frustrated to no end over nat 3. I watched countless videos and all kinds of research to no solution. Finally I realised I was behind a double firewall. While I had everything configured on my router right the modem centurylink (dsl) gave me is what was blocking me. So I looked up the model I had put in the admin credentials by jacking into it with my laptop and configured it for bridge mode. Bingo after like a year of frustration it was that simple. So if you have a modem between your router and the internet look into this. Good luck

Ultimate Veteran
    give your ps3 a static ip address. and then go to the routers DMZ AND put this ip address in it and u will have nat 2
    you must use dmz really easy to do this

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by markgrindcore View Post
    I am through talk wireless in canada.
    Can you list all the gear you're using from them please... and any other equipment you have for the internet... router, etc. What else is on the network?

Thread Information