Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Bullying

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    730 (0 Banked)

    Bullying



    Just watched this^. I cannot express in words the emotions I am going through.

    People do not realize just how much your words and actions can have a lasting impact someone's life, Personality and health. People commit suicide every day because they are bullied or harassed. They even have a word for it: Bullycide. Bullying is not only kicking or physical contact. It can be teasing, humiliating or criticizing them. It can be telling someone that you hate them. it can be using words like "retarded", "ugly" ,"loser". Remember, People can be incredibly cruel. They derive great pleasure in destroying lives for those they do not care for. Most people who get bullied are bullied by every bully they come into contact with and people are bullies for most part. You might not be the only one who is bullying him/her. The one who you pick on for being a "retard" could be being abused even at home as well. Something you say may not seem extremely bad in your eyes, but it may be the last nail to their will to stay alive.


    Please take the time today to do something nice for someone or talk to someone who is an outcast or doesn't have friends in your school or work place. You never know, you could be saving a life by that one small action. Thanks in advance!
    Signature removed by staff.

  2. #2
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I HATE bullying. I talk to my kids every single day, before school, and after school.. about it.

    My girls get teased every now and then because they aren't as tall as someone, or they are skinny, or their clothes aren't "cool". Whatever... I teach them to ignore or fight back. The other day one of the "cool kids" made a comment to a group of other girls, looking at my daughters and said, "I wouldn't sit over there with them". I mean, wtf.. My kids were upset, and didn't know why someone wouldn't want to sit near them. I explained that kids like that don't have a role model, and they are probably sad that they don't have the things you do. They try and make themselves feel better by bullying other people. They were both picked on because they are in the band. I mean... that's a group of kids that get picked on. I told them that the kids are just jealous that they don't have the talent you do. Kayla plays the flute, and has been for a year now. She can play music by ear really well on it, and has come a LONG way.

    I'm hoping that they are understanding that some kids just like to be in a group, and don't have respect for other people.

    My kids will accept ANYONE, especially someone they see getting picked on.

    I really can't be around bullying kids because I would knock the **** outta them if I saw them doing it lol.




  3. #3
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    138
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I HATE bullying. I talk to my kids every single day, before school, and after school.. about it.

    My girls get teased every now and then because they aren't as tall as someone, or they are skinny, or their clothes aren't "cool". Whatever... I teach them to ignore or fight back. The other day one of the "cool kids" made a comment to a group of other girls, looking at my daughters and said, "I wouldn't sit over there with them". I mean, wtf.. My kids were upset, and didn't know why someone wouldn't want to sit near them. I explained that kids like that don't have a role model, and they are probably sad that they don't have the things you do. They try and make themselves feel better by bullying other people. They were both picked on because they are in the band. I mean... that's a group of kids that get picked on. I told them that the kids are just jealous that they don't have the talent you do. Kayla plays the flute, and has been for a year now. She can play music by ear really well on it, and has come a LONG way.

    I'm hoping that they are understanding that some kids just like to be in a group, and don't have respect for other people.

    My kids will accept ANYONE, especially someone they see getting picked on.

    I really can't be around bullying kids because I would knock the **** outta them if I saw them doing it lol.
    Good Parenting: A+

    I was bullied when I was in public school, its one of the reason I got switched over to homeschooling. I was taught to ignore at all costs, which I did. Its often more degrading to completely ignore, with a smile on your face, a bully as they get nothing out of it. If it became physical, I would not take that **** though, got into lots of trouble. lol
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,322
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    30,830 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I HATE bullying. I talk to my kids every single day, before school, and after school.. about it.

    My girls get teased every now and then because they aren't as tall as someone, or they are skinny, or their clothes aren't "cool". Whatever... I teach them to ignore or fight back. The other day one of the "cool kids" made a comment to a group of other girls, looking at my daughters and said, "I wouldn't sit over there with them". I mean, wtf.. My kids were upset, and didn't know why someone wouldn't want to sit near them. I explained that kids like that don't have a role model, and they are probably sad that they don't have the things you do. They try and make themselves feel better by bullying other people. They were both picked on because they are in the band. I mean... that's a group of kids that get picked on. I told them that the kids are just jealous that they don't have the talent you do. Kayla plays the flute, and has been for a year now. She can play music by ear really well on it, and has come a LONG way.

    I'm hoping that they are understanding that some kids just like to be in a group, and don't have respect for other people.

    My kids will accept ANYONE, especially someone they see getting picked on.

    I really can't be around bullying kids because I would knock the **** outta them if I saw them doing it lol.
    This.

  5. #5
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,099
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    28,832 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think bullying is good, it builds character.

    I've found most people who were bullied usually turn out to be a much nicer person later in life. While the bullies themselves often develop into a friendless chump

  6. #6
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I think bullying is good, it builds character.

    I've found most people who were bullied usually turn out to be a much nicer person later in life. While the bullies themselves often develop into a friendless chump
    SUPPORT builds character. Otherwise, someone that is bullied will not turn out to be a much nicer person later in life; chances are that there won't even be a later life. Bullying isn't good under any circumstances, regardless of what you think it can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Good Parenting: A+

    I was bullied when I was in public school, its one of the reason I got switched over to homeschooling. I was taught to ignore at all costs, which I did. Its often more degrading to completely ignore, with a smile on your face, a bully as they get nothing out of it. If it became physical, I would not take that **** though, got into lots of trouble. lol
    I too was bullied around the sixth grade. When I moved from England to the USA, I had a very pronounced English accent. My clothes were different than here in America. I was picked on constantly. Guess who helped me out. This one guy came up to the group and just start beating the **** out of them. ALL of 'em.. group of four. We became great friends, and still are to this day. Guess what "affiliation" he was... he was in a gang. lol. I was with that group/gang for the next 10 years. Yeah, we did stupid ****, broke laws, but we never picked on anyone. If one of our "members" did it, they would get their asses kicked. If we saw it happening, we'd stomp some ass. I won't tolerate it.
    Last edited by F34R; 10-10-2013 at 14:37.




  7. #7
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,689
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    136,278 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Just curious F34R, when you moved to the US, what state did you move to? I had similar issues with kids when I was in elementary as well, that is one reason I was glad to end up at a different middle and high school than all my other classmates back then, it was nice to start with a clean slate! I would have fought back in elementary, but if I did I would of had a group of kids jumping my ass, but luckily there were several of us that kind of banded together and had each others back. My daughter is now almost 8, and one thing I make sure is that she is nice to everyone and treats everyone like she would want to be treated herself...kids can tend to be assholes and it seems like it is getting worse over the years...I have no problem getting up into their face and embarrassing the kids that are being little ****s...I remember when I was a kid I was at a friend's party and one of his friend's threatened me, my dad was also there and caught wind of it and got up in the kids face and told him that if he touched a single hair on my head that he would drag his dad out into the street and beat his ass bloody in front of everyone at the party (my dad is a bulky Italian that is very intimidating), the kid was scared ****less and the rest of the school year he kept trying to be my friend...it was priceless!


    PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

  8. #8
    Nosce te ipsum
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,000
    Rep Power
    240
    Points
    136,127 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I moved to Louisiana.




  9. #9
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    16,667
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    34,472 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Bullying isn't only a school thing it happens in the work place and in the military.

    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

  10. #10
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,689
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    136,278 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I moved to Louisiana.
    We moved from New York to Texas when I was young, and at the time down here kids (and other families) really didn't embrace people that were different than them. I ran into a lot of issues with bullying in school, but I also remember at some stores when we first moved here they wouldn't sell to us or help us because we were from New York...it is much better now, mostly because a lot of people here now are from other states and up north!


    PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

  11. #11
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    16,667
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    34,472 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    We moved from New York to Texas when I was young, and at the time down here kids (and other families) really didn't embrace people that were different than them. I ran into a lot of issues with bullying in school, but I also remember at some stores when we first moved here they wouldn't sell to us or help us because we were from New York...it is much better now, mostly because a lot of people here now are from other states and up north!
    That sounds provincialist.
    Last edited by keefy; 10-11-2013 at 16:21.

    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

  12. #12
    Supreme Veteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,585
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    168 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Bullying is nothing more than scum you should hang from a lamppost


  13. #13
    Mm..waffles..
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,319
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    4,949 (44,164 Banked)
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Bullying isn't only a school thing it happens in the work place and in the military.
    True. Although in military it seems to be widely accepted.


    On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

    .

  14. #14
    Supreme Veteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,585
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    168 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!


  15. #15
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,661
    Rep Power
    125
    Points
    35,890 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I liked bullying in school, I used to bully the bullies.
    If someone I knew was getting picked on i'd step in and start pushing them about.
    Sometimes made a few friends out of it.
    Most back down soon as I get involved but I do remember one kid who through his arms up like he wanted to start a boxing match.
    I just grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back forcing him to the ground and said you aren't going to fight me. Couple of tears and that was kinda the end of it.
    Haha, Good times.
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 10-11-2013 at 00:00.

  16. #16
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,461
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    18,308 (0 Banked)
    Couldn't help but notice the irony of the video in the OPs sig. Doesn't like bullying, but thinks virtual bullying is lots of fun.

  17. #17
    PSU Staff Writer
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,570
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    4,718 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    There needs to be more laws against bullying and authorities should STOP victimizing the victims. It's sickening that teachers see bullying going on in their classrooms and just keep on teaching.

    By the way, jealousy is about 30% the reason why people bully. 70% of the time, it's because they LOVE LOVE LOVE to make others suffer. They love to hate and they pick people to hate on. They tend to pick good people.

    Bullies are really just evil.

    I get bullied 24/7 so I know.

    I also think anyone who supports bullying is a bully him or herself. That's why they support it.

    Currently Playing: Pokemon X

  18. #18
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,269
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    4,895 (0 Banked)
    Honestly, I think kids who get bullied should be allowed to kill their aggressors. They should have an officer round up all the kids who bully others and line them up in the auditorium or gymnasium. They should call on the student body for a general assembly. Then, they should have all the bullied kids take a loaded firearm and empty a clip into each and every last bully. This should be done at the end of each school year so it gives any other would-be bullies something to think about. And this should be broadcast live on national TV on all channels, networks and devices so that the parents of said bullies and would-be bullies can see what happens when you don't treat people right.

  19. #19
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    16,667
    Rep Power
    120
    Points
    34,472 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Honestly, I think kids who get bullied should be allowed to kill their aggressors. They should have an officer round up all the kids who bully others and line them up in the auditorium or gymnasium. They should call on the student body for a general assembly. Then, they should have all the bullied kids take a loaded firearm and empty a clip into each and every last bully. This should be done at the end of each school year so it gives any other would-be bullies something to think about. And this should be broadcast live on national TV on all channels, networks and devices so that the parents of said bullies and would-be bullies can see what happens when you don't treat people right.
    How do you make every subject about guns.

    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

  20. #20
    Dedicated Member
    Gantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    4,105 (2,400 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Honestly, I think kids who get bullied should be allowed to kill their aggressors. They should have an officer round up all the kids who bully others and line them up in the auditorium or gymnasium. They should call on the student body for a general assembly. Then, they should have all the bullied kids take a loaded firearm and empty a clip into each and every last bully. This should be done at the end of each school year so it gives any other would-be bullies something to think about. And this should be broadcast live on national TV on all channels, networks and devices so that the parents of said bullies and would-be bullies can see what happens when you don't treat people right.
    So I'm guessing you were bullied since u go to the extreme on this.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

    Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

  21. #21
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,269
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    4,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    So I'm guessing you were bullied since u go to the extreme on this.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I sure was, right up until the point I fought back. The bigger lesson is, bullies only respond to violence and if you don't make it extreme, they won't stop.

  22. #22
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    14
    Points
    7,779 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    If the school isn't behind you than what can you possibly do? you have to stick up for yourself and if the school punishes you, then so be it. If you know you can't kick their butts and the school isn't behind you, you are kind of screwed in that case. best thing is to either tough it out or go to a different school imo.

  23. #23
    Master Poster
    Beast of Bourbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Blighttown
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,361
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    9,969 (0 Banked)
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Ahh little Ali bullying the weak white kid.
    He'll probably kill someone at a subway station someday and only get 2 years "prison" for it

    I wonder how long we'll keep tolerating these leeches among us.
    One day we will arise - so enjoy it while it lasts mongrels.

  24. #24
    Dedicated Member
    Gantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    4,105 (2,400 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I sure was, right up until the point I fought back. The bigger lesson is, bullies only respond to violence and if you don't make it extreme, they won't stop.
    And if the bully is stronger and a much better fighter?
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

    Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

  25. #25
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,269
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    4,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    And if the bully is stronger and a much better fighter?
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Then you take your licks and respond at a later date with even more force. Like I said before, if you don't make it extreme, the bullying will never stop.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.