Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

*ALL MEMBERS* We need your feedback. Please take a moment of your time to help out.

We have been contemplating how to let members voice their concerns or praises. This is what we have come up with. Below you will find a survey with questions we believe members are most concerned or pleased with. We would like for you to fill out this survey so we can get an idea of how members feel about the job we are doing. This is a way for members to voice their opinion without having it in an open discussion to turn into a mess. We believe we have hit on most of the crucial areas.

If you have any suggestions for changes to the survey please let us know below. These questions are locked for this survey though. We can add suggestions for future surveys. We all value our members thoughts about how we are doing. So please take a moment to fill out the survey so we can start improving on or building on areas that everyone feels are crucial. Also, please take this serious and submit one response. We are taking this serious and we need accurate data.

We all want to thank you for sticking with us in the change here at PSU. Also thank you for taking your time to help us out! Looking forward to seeing your responses.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1g-C...lK3TM/viewform

If you have any troubles with the survey, feel free to PM me or post in the thread. Also please keep this thread free of any discussion regarding issues. This is strictly for discussion of the survey. Nothing else.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

2. Likes StevenW , Richard616, Admartian likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Filled it out.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Ditto! Although my opinion on most questions probably won't be of much value, since I wasn't around for the CM change as far as I'm aware.
    Last edited by Shockwave; 10-10-2013 at 21:13.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Done.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    You ask a lot of questions I'm clueless on, I wouldn't know a SMC from an admin, nor do I take note of their "presence" in threads, infact I'm unsure what that is even supposed to mean. Do you mean are they in threads being cleaned up, deleting comments warning people etc? How would I tell if its an admin vs say a SMC? I'm not going to be taking notes on who said what and what position they hold. Or do Admins do a different role vs SMC?
    How can we tell how reports are being handled? Only 2-3 people will generally know of their existence , and unless you've reported on someone how will you know how they are being handled? Your only going to get two types of answers their, you handled my reports they I wanted them handled, or I feel aggrieved.

Perhaps some notes on who does what and why before I can accurately give you a response to the questions you pose.

7. Likes K2D likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Done it and it was NICE
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You ask a lot of questions I'm clueless on, I wouldn't know a SMC from an admin, nor do I take note of their "presence" in threads, infact I'm unsure what that is even supposed to mean. Do you mean are they in threads being cleaned up, deleting comments warning people etc? How would I tell if its an admin vs say a SMC? I'm not going to be taking notes on who said what and what position they hold. Or do Admins do a different role vs SMC?
    How can we tell how reports are being handled? Only 2-3 people will generally know of their existence , and unless you've reported on someone how will you know how they are being handled? Your only going to get two types of answers their, you handled my reports they I wanted them handled, or I feel aggrieved.

Perhaps some notes on who does what and why before I can accurately give you a response to the questions you pose.
    Thanks for the questions. I'll try to clear everything up. With the presence thing, basically is from a modding standpoint. Say for instance a thread gets out of hand. Gauge on a scale of how you feel of say, staff are present to handle up on those situations outside of a report being handled. Activity simply means, staff contributing to discussions and how often they are involved in the forums. Likely could have posted those two questions separate but they usually go hand in hand. Not always though. So I will change it for any future surveys. Only reason the questions are locked is because it will screw up the data.

As far as smc vs mod/admin. SMCs do not have the ability to ban members first and foremost. We mostly handle a thread that gets out of hand with clean up. Handling minor reports, banning bots, etc. Admins/mods is much of the same position but admins have more ability to change this within the forum. Both can handle bans of members. I will let an admin or mods go more in depth as I'm not one.

As for reports, the question is mostly for people who report. Say a member reports something and they notice it has or hasn't been dealt with in a timely manner. If you don't report simply vote on how you feel out of order or over the top post are dealt with. If you need more clarification let me know. Hope this helps.

10. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I removed the requirement for the member suggestions. Sorry. That was an error on my part.

12. Likes claud3 likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    For some reason I didnt think "presence" meant when a thread got out of hand. Whoops :P

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I filled that bit out...

but i am not hating on your Survey.. But do you think it will help overall
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    It is just to get an idea of how everyone feels without it getting out of hand in an open thread. I know a survey is not going to be the cornerstone. But if there are areas that members feel are lacking, we want to know and try to improve or build on areas where members feel we are doing well. Not to mention, there could be things brought up that we have simply over looked or didn't quite pay as much attention to. It's just a stating to point to getting an idea on how members feel in a non-thread environment. That way members can say exactly how they feel without any scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    For some reason I didnt think "presence" meant when a thread got out of hand. Whoops :P
    Basically if staff is online or not online. Some staff like to spend their time online at times handling staff duties solely. Other times they like to post. You can see when staff is online or not. Sorry about the confusion. Poor wording I guess. But in a nutshell. Presence= being online and around the forums, Activity= interacting within the community.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 10-10-2013 at 22:05.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Ok cool friend, just wondering how it would pan out for your overall improvements to the forum

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Thanks to all who take the time to fill this out. Developing a solid forum community is an iterative process and with a little trial and error and the understanding that everything can always be improved, the mod team is dedicated to fixing our deficiencies. So tell us what you like and dislike and we will discuss and accommodate changes to best tackle your issues. Thanks!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    i ant filling this out, you know where i sit

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Thanks to all who take the time to fill this out. Developing a solid forum community is an iterative process and with a little trial and error and the understanding that everything can always be improved, the mod team is dedicated to fixing our deficiencies. So tell us what you like and dislike and we will discuss and accommodate changes to best tackle your issues. Thanks!
    No problem... I will drop feedback when it needs to be dropped

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    Thanks for staying at PSU despite hating my guts and everything I do lol.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Filled it in. Not gonna be much help but hey ho.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Filled it out. I like the new staff and the changes that are being made and has been made. Keep it up.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    Isn't the best, most constructive way of having your voice heard is to do things like this? Rather than "I don't like it!" or "It's going to the $#@!ter!" and not providing anything else apart from comments like that?

Just my piece.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Isn't the best, most constructive way of having your voice heard is to do things like this? Rather than "I don't like it!" or "It's going to the $#@!ter!" and not providing anything else apart from comments like that?

Just my piece.
    Quick lets have a poll on whether we should have a poll!

I found the questionnaire a bit vague (especially the smc/admin thing I would have preferred a WTF u talking about Willis option ), but i welcomed the opportunity to send feedback.

25. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Quick lets have a poll on whether we should have a poll!

I found the questionnaire a bit vague (especially the smc/admin thing I would have preferred a WTF u talking about Willis option ), but i welcomed the opportunity to send feedback.
    This is a first run of this thing. So I didn't expect it to be perfect. We will improve on it for future use. I do thank you for letting us know where we can improve on it. Greatly appreciated. Will definitely make some language changes for the future. Sorry about the confusion. Anyone post in the thread where you think the survey needs to be improved. That way we can learn where we can improve on this for next time.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    This is a first run of this thing. So I didn't expect it to be perfect. We will improve on it for future use. I do thank you for letting us know where we can improve on it. Greatly appreciated. Will definitely make some language changes for the future. Sorry about the confusion. Anyone post in the thread where you think the survey needs to be improved. That way we can learn where we can improve on this for next time.
    Oh don't take it personally, I've done questionnaires before and they are never an easy thing to create. For a first run, I think it was good, just don't take my response in the Admin/SMC section badly I just averaged it

Also, just for future reference, some questions may be better answered with "better" or "worse" scale, than poor or excellent. Especially if you are trying to gauge change.

28. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I have a few questions of my own.

Who is the CM?

What is an SMC?

What is the staffs objectivity?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I have a few questions of my own.

Who is the CM?

What is an SMC?

What is the staffs objectivity?
    CM= Community Manager- Ghost

SMC- Selected Members Council- Me, Itachi, Admartian, Chille, Devious One ( Lowest level of Staff)

Objectivity- Staff's ability to handle things in an impartial manner.

31. Likes keefy likes this post

Thread Information