Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1

GTA online players getting half a million dollars this month

Money in the Bank

Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week.

‘Don’t Spend It All in One Place!’

In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month. For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.

Below are a few more details on how it will work. Stay tuned for tips on how to make the most of GTA$ cash, info on ways and places to earn more cash fast, as well as updates on all the new GTA Online content additions we’re working on for this fall and beyond.

• You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
    • Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we’ll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
    • We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
    • Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...kage-this.html

Finally You Are Free
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm riding on about 30k right now, making end's meet by selling hummers every 48 minutes and robbing stores. I play online a few hours a night and mess around nonsensically. How much is 250,000 really? Because that seems like a $#@!ton to me, so I think this is a really dumb choice on Rockstar's part. Oh boy, I can't wait to see everyone's financial status be artificially inflated and having noobs driving around in high-dollar cars or living in the quality houses/apartments.

Unbound Mercenary
    Thats a nice little thing to have, I'd better jump online and so I can get that.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    lol people are $#@!ing about it too like wtf

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I'm riding on about 30k right now, making end's meet by selling hummers every 48 minutes and robbing stores. I play online a few hours a night and mess around nonsensically. How much is 250,000 really? Because that seems like a $#@!ton to me, so I think this is a really dumb choice on Rockstar's part. Oh boy, I can't wait to see everyone's financial status be artificially inflated and having noobs driving around in high-dollar cars or living in the quality houses/apartments.

Well considering the network services and problems people have been having, I think this is really nice of Rockstar. And why is everyone suddenly a noob? You need to relax and enjoy the freebie. And there is a lot more money to be made, so if you think this is a shortcut, it's not, as homes can be expensive and players can steal your money.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    still not making me jump online
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Power Member
    Question.. I don't have the game yet, but I'm planning on get it. What exactly is money used for on GTA Online?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    houses, clothes, vehicles and just showing off
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice

I'll take it, but that amount does seem awfully high. So you don't even have to work now to get the highest home/apartment in the game? I know you still have to get higher ranked through playing to unlock guns, clothes, etc. If it is deposited in to your bank account, no one can rob you of it anyways.

Having said that, does anyone know if it is for each created character or just the first one? My g/f and I each have or own characters in slots 1 and 2. If it is only the character in the first slot I'll get robbed, oh the irony.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Damn that's a lot! Can finally afford a nice house to plan heist

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

El Presidente
    Jesus christ! That's a ton of money. I can get a house now and retreat some place safe if it gets chaotic outside. You still have to rank up to unlock things so I don't think it's overkill giving players that amount. Everyone can't suddenly buy an RPG and make the game miserable for everyone else.

I'll have to sit on the money for a while while I rank up.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Sounds good to me as I lost my first garage that I bought, but my character didn't get deleted but I will be nice to have a decent amount of money and not have to spam some of the missions that give you upwards of $10,000. But luckily outside of apartments you still need a lot more money than what they are offering to really get something good.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I'll take it. Sitting on 30k right now with a level 13/14 character. It'll help me get a house and garage.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    This is good to hear, pulling a Sony move I see. It will be a buffer for dying so often and $5000 being taken every time which is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    lol people are $#@!ing about it too like wtf
    Nothing will please them.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike View Post
    This is good to hear, pulling a Sony move I see. It will be a buffer for dying so often and $5000 being taken every time which is ludicrous.

Nothing will please them.
    you don't lose that much money dying online. in fact, you don't lose any money. the only money you lose is the one in your hands...and even that is dependent on how much money you have.

and yes, i think this is a stupid move. especially this much money. because i was enjoying the challenge because i'm torn between trying to buy a property, new car, guns that i need to survive or ammo that are essential. it was fun, this will ruin it for me. and no, i don't give a $#@! that i have the option to do this or not.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you don't lose that much money dying online. in fact, you don't lose any money. the only money you lose is the one in your hands...and even that is dependent on how much money you have.
    you do loose money when a other player kills you and its around 1.5k

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    I hear mixed reports as to how much you lose when you die but just yesterday $5000 was the number. If we assume that is the limit when your very rich, that might be the amount once everyone gets all this influx of funds.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Hanging on to my $#@!. Gonna keep it real and do the jobs, as many as i can do on my own before i start teaming up with morons. Gonna keep same car n $#@!.

Ot: headin online right now. Got the itch...$#@! england montenegro...hit me up if ya about. Online name jj03. Out...
    Last edited by jj03; 10-11-2013 at 21:48.

Forum Overseer

it's not a set amount. it depends on how much you have in your hands. you're supposed to put all of it in your bank unless you need it for stuff like cab or anything that requires cash instead of a credit card. if i have a thousand buck in my hands, i lose about a $100 each death.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    you do loose money when a other player kills you and its around 1.5k
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike View Post
    I hear mixed reports as to how much you lose when you die but just yesterday $5000 was the number. If we assume that is the limit when your very rich, that might be the amount once everyone gets all this influx of funds.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Question.. I don't have the game yet, but I'm planning on get it. What exactly is money used for on GTA Online?
    In order to "own" a lot of upscale vehicles, you must buy them from the internet, so that's a major expense. The other major expense is a home/garage.

After that you have vehicle customization as well as weapon customization (and body armor, bombs and ammo).

Then there is clothing, which isn't that much, but there are plenty of options.

Finally, the cheapest is food/drink to replenish you health. You regenerate up to the 50% mark, but to gain health after that you can visit a soda machine for $1 or buy snacks which you can carry on you in order to replenish your health at any time.

My biggest expenditure so far has been weapon mods, such as extended clips, scopes and silencers. I have $165,000 in the bank right now, and since I've already customized both my vehicles and bought all unlocked weapon mods, that money will continue to grow since I don't see the use of an apartment.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I don't see the use of an apartment.
    garage?

El Presidente

and yes, i think this is a stupid move. especially this much money. because i was enjoying the challenge because i'm torn between trying to buy a property, new car, guns that i need to survive or ammo that are essential. it was fun, this will ruin it for me. and no, i don't give a $#@! that i have the option to do this or not.
    You can always just give away your money to other players....*cough cough*

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Well considering the network services and problems people have been having, I think this is really nice of Rockstar. And why is everyone suddenly a noob? You need to relax and enjoy the freebie. And there is a lot more money to be made, so if you think this is a shortcut, it's not, as homes can be expensive and players can steal your money.
    The issue is this will now effect imbalance. New and casual players will suddenly gain 500k for no reason, and how many of them will go spending it on the 400K living space? It's going to be a lot. Others will mod out their vehicles or guns, which gives them an advantage they don't deserve. I and others worked hard for their money, but that doesn't matter anymore. This folds a fundamental aspect of GTA Online.

For an apology, Rockstar didn't need to drop half a million dollars on every player. They could have done something else, like offer 2x bonuses for a few weekends, or maybe given us some small free DLC. What they've chosen to do is lazy and detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Everything. Multiplayer is near-exactly like single-player, but literally with more people. You can buy vehicles, guns, modify them, buy houses and garages, clothes, masks, food, drinks, etc. It comes with some specific things too, like calling in airstrikes, placing bounties on other players, betting on winners in matches, ordering a SWAT-esue team to hunt down players, lowering your wanted level, and more. It's really awesome because money is actually valuable in this game, as it requires effort to gain and you can use it on useful things.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 10-12-2013 at 00:59.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    garage?
    I have a 6 car garage I bought for $77,000. An apartment with that size garage starts at $125,000.

I might end up buying an apartment with the $500k, though. I really don't see what else I'd spend my money on since I don't do the competitive races, so a lot of vehicle upgrades I'd want aren't ever going to be available to me.

I had already convinced myself that I was out $75,000 on a personal vehicle that disappeared, but thankfully exiting then re-entering online put it back in the garage. Plus, since there's a trophy for owning an apartment, I'll probably end up buying one of the 10 garage apartments (and maybe the Carbonizzare so I don't ever have to worry about making a large purchase again).

Thread Information