Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Playstation Plus puts Xbox Live to shame

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    It really does. I bought a Vita couple of weeks ago and had a library of games waiting on me the moment I opened the box. Best deal in gaming.....period.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

3. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I guess it comes down to what you need or want. If XCG is important to you then Live can't be beat...but gawd damn Sony is nailing this PS+ thing. As I said in the MGR on + thread, Sony is giving away 6 month old blockbusters on a continual basis. Whatever its doing with publishers to get these on there is clearly working and I doubt it will stop any time soon. MS is going to have to come up with a solid offering next gen because Sony is giving away XGC for free next gen, and the + sub will give you Instant Game Collection for PS3, 4 and Vita. Infact with it's F2P and apps not locked behind the paywall, MS has to create some real value there but right now PS+ is giving gamers hundreds of euros of games for €50 a year.

Veteran
    I still feel really disconnected with friends on PSN+ compared to Live, With Live it feels like it's built around you and your friends...I just dont get that with PSN+. PSN+ is good for free games but apart from that i cant see many other benefits over Live? Im sure you guys will come up with a huge list which i'l welcome very much...

Those that have both Live & PSN how do you's feel on being connected with friends on both? Im i missing something with PSN+?
    Last edited by UkHardcore; 10-11-2013 at 18:24.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

6. Likes K2D , Omar likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Xgc excuse and not feeling connected will end this coming generation...$#@!, it'll feel too connected soon it'll become intrusive lol. But yeah, my time with xbl, it was definitely the superior service. Like UK said everything just meshed well

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 10-11-2013 at 18:49.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    I still feel really disconnected with friends on PSN+ compared to Live, With Live it feels like it's built around you and your friends...I just dont get that with PSN+. PSN+ is good for free games but apart from that i cant see many other benefits over Live? Im sure you guys will come up with a huge list which i'l welcome very much... Those that have both Live & PSN how do you's feel on being connected with friends on both? Im i missing something with PSN+?
    I agree that Live does feel more connected (although it sounds like PSN will be much improved in that area on PS4) and little things like if youre playing Forza for example you'll get a notification that one of your friends just started playing the same game is really cool. The Live dashboard is kind of a cluttered mess imo though and if you install a theme most of it is blocked by ugly boxes. And the XMB is pretty barren but the upside is a good theme really makes it look really nice which makes me want try different themes. Live is a better service if online MP is your main mode of gaming because of x game chat (which next gen PSN will have) and other features but the free IGC games and not putting apps or F2P behind a paywall makes PSN the better service for me. And the online play still does its job. Downloads are more consistently faster on Live while PSN downloads are hit or miss speed wise. Some stuff downloads fast other stuff not so much.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-11-2013 at 19:03.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Not to me. XBL is still the better all around service IMO. The free game selection on psn is better but outside of that, xbl is still superior and has better features.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    It really does. I bought a Vita couple of weeks ago and had a library of games waiting on me the moment I opened the box. Best deal in gaming.....period.
    Yep, I agree. Right now I'm neck deep in Kingdoms of Amalur and also finished Hitman Absolution thanks to PS+.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I agree that Live does feel more connected (although it sounds like PSN will be much improved in that area on PS4) and little things like if youre playing Forza for example you'll get a notification that one of your friends just started playing the same game is really cool. The Live dashboard is kind of a cluttered mess imo though and if you install a theme most of it is blocked by ugly boxes. And the XMB is pretty barren but the upside is a good theme really makes it look really nice which makes me want try different themes. Live is a better service if online MP is your main mode of gaming because of x game chat (which next gen PSN will have) and other features but the free IGC games and not putting apps or F2P behind a paywall makes PSN the better service for me.
    I honestly thought most gamers play online now? If online gaming is not your thing then it's easy to see why PSN+ would be better.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

PSN ID
    FINEST
    I owned both and while i have more friends on xbl but as a service ps plus gives you more especially the games, i mean halo 3 , rainbow 6 vegas are you kidding me they are old as fukkk ps plus a couple a months ago gave you bf3 ,hitman absolution ect .I wont be getting an xbone next gen so ill stick to ps plus i just hope they get some of the streaming apps like HBO GO

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I honestly thought most gamers play online now? If online gaming is not your thing then it's easy to see why PSN+ would be better.
    Actually I do play online sometimes but I'm just more of a SP guy. But PSN works just fine for online play as well. Plus I get more value with PS+. And lots of gamers do still play SP games as well. lol But yeah I never said that I don't play online I just said that I play alot more SP than MP. As for online MP PSN does what I need it to do.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-11-2013 at 19:51.

PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    I had both, and the PS plus is the far better deal in terms of bang for buck.

Free games are actually good on the PS network, not like the laughable ones Microsoft is putting out there

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If games are important to you then Live can't be beat...
    Fixed. Might as well call a spade a spade.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I don't game online often. PS plus will be bought for the free games when I get my ps4

17. Likes K2D , mistercrow, Christopher likes this post
    Forum Sage
    I still feel really disconnected with friends on PSN+ compared to Live, With Live it feels like it's built around you and your friends...I just dont get that with PSN+. PSN+ is good for free games but apart from that i cant see many other benefits over Live? Im sure you guys will come up with a huge list which i'l welcome very much...

Those that have both Live & PSN how do you's feel on being connected with friends on both? Im i missing something with PSN+?
    PlayStation Plus is entirely about the games that you get to play because of the subscription. That is the entire point.

PSN is one thing and PlayStation Plus is another thing (at least on the PS3.)

19. Likes Shingo , F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    "Free games" - PS+ wins
    "Online services" - XBL wins

So, each put the other to shame in respect to the reasons they were created.

Forum Sage
    @F34R - Online services? Not trying to debate the point, just curious -- which online services specifically?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    @F34R - Online services? Not trying to debate the point, just curious -- which online services specifically?
    All of them.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    All of them.
    Sony is better for the actual gaming side of online since they use dedicated servers but MS does have more features like XGC... IMO

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Sony is better for the actual gaming side of online since they use dedicated servers but MS does have more features like XGC... IMO
    Are you saying that any game you play online with the PS3 is using dedicated servers?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I think just sony first party titles

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I was trying to make a point.. it would kinda go off topic maybe...

PS+ doesn't have anything to do with online play, with the PS3.

The article in the OP is pretty much stupid. It is like saying COD is a better first person shooter than Flower. smh

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I have a GAMING SERVICE that gives me FREE GAMES that came out A FEW MONTHS AGO. You guys still argue which one is better? knowing your BFFs is a cool feature(?) but it is METAL GEAR RISING + REMEMBER ME. I am sure this is how your bff look like after he saw this months deals.
    http://techie.com/wp-content/uploads...spitting-l.png
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    I have a GAMING SERVICE that gives me FREE GAMES that came out A FEW MONTHS AGO. You guys still argue which one is better? knowing your BFFs is a cool feature(?) but it is METAL GEAR RISING + REMEMBER ME. I am sure this is how your bff look like after he saw this months deals.
    http://techie.com/wp-content/uploads...spitting-l.png
    I'd love to have that service. What is the name of it?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'd love to have that service. What is the name of it?
    CURRENT & FUTURE (EU) PS+/IGC

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen April 23, 2013
    The Jak and Daxter Trilogy June 19, 2013
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -June 18, 2013
    Stealth Inc.: A Clone in the Dark (PS3 & Vita) --July 24, 2013
    Far Cry 3 - November 30, 2012
    Spec Ops: The Line - June 29, 2012
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - February 21, 2013
    Remember Me - June 7, 2013

This is the current line up, google for more games about previous months, google more to learn about the service's name, I am sure you will find it in a few minutes. It is even hidden in this very topic.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Thread Information