Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Sony is better for the actual gaming side of online since they use dedicated servers but MS does have more features like XGC... IMO
    Go PSN+ with all it's dedicated servers, Finally Xbox One is catching up with dedicated servers/Azure
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    considering you need it with the PS4, playstation plus is certainly linked with Playstation Network. In this case and I will say before the PS4 is even out that is does offer the best deal.

Forum Elder
    As it stands however, PS+ puts Xbox Live to shame simply because of the tremendous value for money it presents, especially comparatively and this trend is set to continue over to the next-generation because whatever advantages Microsoft have with the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live now, these are set to diminish as Sony finally catches up and most likely surpasses them with the PS4 and PSN. Unless a prompt and meaningful revision of the Xbox Live service’s and pawyall policies are made, Xbox Live will not be worth its weight in gold by a long shot.
    http://www.gameondaily.com/playstati...live-to-shame/

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There may be one ‘saving grace’ for Microsoft as far as justifying a Gold membership is concerned, and that Azure Cloud service and the promise of dedicated server support for most, if not all Xbox One games. Microsoft has a very big advantage here, the Azure Cloud service and its server distribution around the world is unmatched, and with 300,000 Azure servers available worldwide, if Sony cannot offer a comprehensive dedicated server support setup, then this is a big incentive for multiplayer-centric gamers to choose the Xbox One over the PlayStation 4.
    I agree with this.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I've never seen a promise that most, if not all, Xbox One games will HAVE dedicated servers. Sure, the word "support" was thrown around, but that doesn't mean the game will HAVE dedicated servers.

Basically, the Azure Cloud service can support most, if not all, Xbox One games. Well, which games will actually utilize it? I dunno, ask the developers/pubs....

7. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I've never seen a promise that most, if not all, Xbox One games will HAVE dedicated servers. Sure, the word "support" was thrown around, but that doesn't mean the game will HAVE dedicated servers.

Basically, the Azure Cloud service can support most, if not all, Xbox One games. Well, which games will actually utilize it? I dunno, ask the developers/pubs....
    It's up to the devs to rent Azure which is supposed to be priced really well, The problem is are we going to get alot of devs not using it due to one version not being as good online than the other? The COD thread here has alot of people saying they wont buy on PS4 if Xbox has dedicated servers and the PS4 version doesnt.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    That's kinda what I mean... you just don't know which games will actually have dedicated servers. So... it's not really that much of a bullet point for the One.

10. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    It's up to the devs to rent Azure which is supposed to be priced really well, The problem is are we going to get alot of devs not using it due to one version not being as good online than the other? The COD thread here has alot of people saying they wont buy on PS4 if Xbox has dedicated servers and the PS4 version doesnt.
    Or maybe we are going to get alot of devs not using it due to the fact that they just dont want to have to pay out money to rent these Azure servers.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Or maybe we are going to get alot of devs not using it due to the fact that they just dont want to have to pay out money to rent these Azure servers.
    Seems odd that the devs wouldn't want to if it's cheap and would vastly improve the experience for us gamers.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Seems odd that the devs wouldn't want to if it's cheap and would vastly improve the experience for us gamers.
    What if it isn't cheap?

Forum Overseer

PS4 version of COD has dedicated servers. it was just confirmed on PSU a few days ago.

I can't think of a reason why one version would have it and the other wouldn't. unless the dev just chooses not to have it for both. making a game for dedicated servers takes more effort so it makes no sense to do that on one version and not on the other. you're wasting those resources and money. then you'd have to come up with extra $#@! for regular P2P servers like host migration. so it makes no sense to me why this feature is being touted only on the X1.

now it's possible that X1 games may have more dedicated server-enabled games overall but those games might be exclusive ones and not multiplats. i think this is going to be virtually not much of a difference.
    Last edited by Omar; 10-14-2013 at 04:59.

Elite Sage
    When it comes to servers, ms has the clear advantage there, like the article says. They started out with only 500 back in 2002 and upgraded to 15,000 for xbox360. Now, it's 300,000 worldwide. That's a huge advantage over sony. We know Gaikai is being delayed in Europe because of bandwidth issues, but I 'm betting that a lack of data centers also plays a part too.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Publishers/developers are about minimum investment at maximum profit. Renting Azure servers is just an unnecessary expenditure. And like F34R said what if its not so cheap? The fact that developers have to pay money and rent these servers takes away that supposed Xbox Live advantage because its not guaranteed that all games will use this cloud service.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-14-2013 at 05:55.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    When it comes to servers, ms has the clear advantage there, like the article says. They started out with only 500 back in 2002 and upgraded to 15,000 for xbox360. Now, it's 300,000 worldwide. That's a huge advantage over sony. We know Gaikai is being delayed in Europe because of bandwidth issues, but I 'm betting that a lack of data centers also plays a part too.
    until we have real comparative data, i don't know how that matters. have we seen a game on X1 that doesn't have dedicated servers on the PS4?

even an industry average would help. so they went from 500 to 15,000 to 300,000. are they all there for gaming? do you know that? and how many does Sony have or other companies? no comparison data there.

yea i took the finals and i got an 800.

out of what? we don't know.

18. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Has to do with Europes broadband service. Something thats out of Sony's control. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/son.../1100-6413968/ And MS entire console is being delayed in Europe. http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/14/46...pean-countries
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-14-2013 at 05:57.

Forum Sage
    delete this
    Last edited by sainraja; 10-14-2013 at 05:57. Reason: could not edit this so created another post

Forum Sage
    All of them.
    ...all of what?

Sorry....I'm just confused. Are you focusing on services such as Netflix, etc? My definition of a service is that or are you talking about features that are specific to XBL for gaming?

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    until we have real comparative data, i don't know how that matters. have we seen a game on X1 that doesn't have dedicated servers on the PS4?
    It will matter for some games. Especially the ones that are multiplayer focused like Titan Fall and The Division. The dedicated servers is one of the reasons Respawn went with xbox-one. Those servers allow them to do more than a player hosted one. They can push more with the server cpu and more bandwidth.

even an industry average would help. so they went from 500 to 15,000 to 300,000. are they all there for gaming? do you know that?
    That's the thing. They are yours and you can do whatever you want which includes renting them to devs.
    and how many does Sony have or other companies? no comparison data there.

yea i took the finals and i got an 800.

out of what? we don't know.
    Well, we know they don't have anything close to that amount. Sony isn't even in the top 10 in server/cloud support. It's just something that they haven't put much investment in over the years. If they did there would be no need to purchase a service like Gaikai.

Has to do with Europes broadband service. Something thats out of Sony's control. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/son.../1100-6413968/ And MS entire console is being delayed in Europe. http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/14/46...pean-countries
    No, it's more than just broadband alone. It's the servers too. That's why sony was talking to another cloud service about renting servers from them. Gaikai probably isn't large enough to do what they want. Not at the price they bought it at.

Xbox-one being delayed in europe has nothing to do with their cloud service. It's more software related.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-14-2013 at 06:45.

Forum Overseer

It will matter for some games. Especially the ones that are multiplayer focused like Titan Fall and The Division. The dedicated servers is one of the reasons Respawn went with xbox-one. Those servers allow them to do more than a player hosted one. They can push more with the server cpu and more bandwidth.
    thank you, I know the point of dedicated servers. cute.

in fact, a game like Division cannot exist without one. So i don't know how you believe that the PS4 version won't have one. A game like Titan Fall can go without one but having it is always good, for an MMO like Division, you can't do P2P.

what i was asking you is to show me a game on the PS4 that doesn't have dedicated servers or that we know it won't get dedicated servers, and it's also coming out on the X1 with dedicated servers.

That's the thing. They are yours and you can do whatever you want which includes renting them to devs.
    my point is that because they have 300k servers, doesn't mean that they will be all used for gaming, thus the advantage you're trying to convince us of. it's not apparent yet. for all we know, if 300k is an insane amount (which we don't know of yet), if they are going to use them for gaming only then there's substance there and if that's not an overkill, meaning, if it actually matters and we start seeing games on the PS4 that clearly should've had them while the X1 port does, then we'll talk.

Well, we know they don't have anything close to that amount. Sony isn't even in the top 10 in server/cloud support. It's just something that they haven't put much investment in over the years. If they did there would be no need to purchase a service like Gaikai.
    so MS didn't need to purchase Azure to get their amounts? lol I don't know what you mean here. of course you have to go outside to get this. and what do you mean, over the years, what data are you comparing? do you data from Sony that supports they didn't have the same amount or similar up until now?

No, it's more than just broadband alone. It's the servers too. That's why sony was talking to another cloud service about renting servers from them. Gaikai probably isn't large enough to do what they want. Not at the price they bought it at.

Xbox-one being delayed in europe has nothing to do with their cloud service. It's more software related.
    pure speculation.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    thank you, I know the point of dedicated servers. cute.

in fact, a game like Division cannot exist without one. So i don't know how you believe that the PS4 version won't have one. A game like Titan Fall can go without one but having it is always good, for an MMO like Division, you can't do P2P.

what i was asking you is to show me a game on the PS4 that doesn't have dedicated servers or that we know it won't get dedicated servers, and it's also coming out on the X1 with dedicated servers.
    Show you? I just gave you an example of a game that is on xb1 because of it's dedicated servers.

my point is that because they have 300k servers, doesn't mean that they will be all used for gaming, thus the advantage you're trying to convince us of. it's not apparent yet. for all we know, if 300k is an insane amount (which we don't know of yet), if they are going to use them for gaming only then there's substance there and if that's not an overkill, meaning, if it actually matters and we start seeing games on the PS4 that clearly should've had them while the X1 port does, then we'll talk.
    But that's the thing. They are your servers. You can choose to use them however you want. They aren't just for gaming and they offer a clear advantage over your regular player hosted ones. Its a big advantage over others that don't have that type of infrastructure. In this case more is always better.

so MS didn't need to purchase Azure to get their amounts? lol I don't know what you mean here. of course you have to go outside to get this. and what do you mean, over the years, what data are you comparing? do you data from Sony that supports they didn't have the same amount or similar up until now?

pure speculation.
    What do you mean purchase? They developed their own cloud service Azure. They have put years and billions of dollars into it. No one should be surprised about Gaikai's hurdles. Streaming what they want requires a huge infrastructure and right now Gaikai isn't capable of that worldwide. Yes, there are broadband issues, but there is certainly a lack of servers too.

Did you read that part in the article that said:

Microsoft has a very big advantage here, the Azure Cloud service and its server distribution around the world is unmatched, and with 300,000 Azure servers available worldwide, if Sony cannot offer a comprehensive dedicated server support setup, then this is a big incentive for multiplayer-centric gamers to choose the Xbox One over the PlayStation 4.
    It's not speculation. The servers are worldwide which gives them a huge advantage. We already know out the gate that sony doesn't offer the same setup. Gaikai isn't even ready until sometime in 2014 while Azure is already being used and will be available on day one.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-14-2013 at 07:34.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    It will matter for some games. Especially the ones that are multiplayer focused like Titan Fall and The Division. The dedicated servers is one of the reasons Respawn went with xbox-one. Those servers allow them to do more than a player hosted one. They can push more with the server cpu and more bandwidth. That's the thing. They are yours and you can do whatever you want which includes renting them to devs. Well, we know they don't have anything close to that amount. Sony isn't even in the top 10 in server/cloud support. It's just something that they haven't put much investment in over the years. If they did there would be no need to purchase a service like Gaikai. No, it's more than just broadband alone. It's the servers too. That's why sony was talking to another cloud service about renting servers from them. Gaikai probably isn't large enough to do what they want. Not at the price they bought it at. Xbox-one being delayed in europe has nothing to do with their cloud service. It's more software related.
    I'll take Sony's word in the article http://www.gamespot.com/articles/son.../1100-6413968/ over yours I think. I think they know more about their cloud service than you do. As for the reason for the X1 delay youre just speculating like sufi said. Read the article http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/14/46...pean-countries "MS isnt detailing the exact reasons behind the delay."
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-14-2013 at 13:14.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

What do you mean purchase? They developed their own cloud service Azure. They have put years and billions of dollars into it. No one should be surprised about Gaikai's hurdles. Streaming what they want requires a huge infrastructure and right now Gaikai isn't capable of that worldwide. Yes, there are broadband issues, but there is certainly a lack of servers too.
    So how many servers does Gaikai have?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    ...all of what?

Sorry....I'm just confused. Are you focusing on services such as Netflix, etc? My definition of a service is that or are you talking about features that are specific to XBL for gaming?
    From store performance, to online performance, to online app performance. It is all better on the 360. This might not happen with the new generation, but that's just how it is right now.

Veteran
    What if it isn't cheap?
    We have already heard from Respawn/EA saying it's cheap.

Publishers/developers are about minimum investment at maximum profit. Renting Azure servers is just an unnecessary expenditure. And like F34R said what if its not so cheap? The fact that developers have to pay money and rent these servers takes away that supposed Xbox Live advantage because its not guaranteed that all games will use this cloud service.
    Dont think that's true, PC games regularly get dedicated servers so if it was minimum investment maximum profit why give them dedicated servers? We have heard from Respawn on the issue why would they lie about the price? I have said not every game will use them as some devs will not want the Xbox One version being the better game online they will want them to be equal. Im hoping MS allows devs to use Azure for PS4 that way online nxt-gen is going to be amazing full stop!

Most importantly to us, Microsoft priced it so that it’s far more affordable than other hosting options – their goal here is to get more awesome games, not to nickel-and-dime developers. So because of this, dedicated servers are much more of a realistic option for developers who don’t want to make compromises on their player experience, and it opens up a lot more things that we can do in an online game.

Here is a fantastic read for you guys...

http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-tal...ox-live-cloud/
    Last edited by UkHardcore; 10-14-2013 at 14:24.

Thread Information