Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Really now? Please tell us about those extra services that doesn't give them any advantages.
    dude...are you serious? i said they are all the same, as in "dedicated servers"! Please learn-2 read!

no, i think you don't understand the difference between agree and disagree. I basically repeated what the article said, but you only disagreed because you thought I was giving xbox-one cloud more props . It's cool that the journalist says it but I can't.
    noooo! you weren't talking about cloud back then! It's all there! it's in the writing! go back and read it! for the love of God man! have some decency!

Sony doesn't have the amount of servers they need to do what they want with Gaikai. Gaikai is only a streaming service which supported a limited amount of data before they were purchased. Now that sony want's to use them to provide BC streaming, ps4 game streaming, and who knows what else across multiple devices across different countries, they are gonna have to expand servers. It's pretty much common sense to know that they will run into some issues that go beyond just bandwidth.
    ...i wanted to put this in all caps but i'll be nice. sir, what the heck does that have to do with DEDICATED SERVERS...the ones that we are discussing. we don't even know if Sony is using Gaikai for dedicated servers!

Right, so advantage MS just like i said.
    no, not like you said. I said that they likely have way more servers than they will ever need so if, "IF" it came down to that they need more servers, things will be more smooth for them.

What "you" were saying was that MS will have an early advantage, which is "not" what I was saying and I don't agree with that and there's no evidence or implication in any way that we have discussed or presented so far. If you were anywhere right, Sony or EA or Activision would've said something about not having enough server support. That hasn't happened yet.

All xbox-one games will have dedicated servers. Yep, no advantage there at all....lol
    really? all Xbox-One games will have dedicated servers? that's a bold statement. How did you come to that conclusion? those servers might be cheap but they still cost money and games that aren't bandwidth heavy don't really need them. Highly unlikely that all games will have dedicated servers. If they do and you can show me evidence then I will totally agree that 300k servers are clearly an advantage. EDIT: look below before you go crazy.

We already see how it pans out. Just like I predicted when they first bought Gaikai. They will have to iron out the issues, and that's exactly what they are trying to do.
    lol wow, nice prediction, a new service will need ironing out! nice! I guess that doesn't happen all the time lol. gotta little mr. patcher right here

Any you know this to be true?...lol Now you know more about the servers than MS themselves. Tell how the compute stuff works out then.. Tell us why you just know there is no "special sauce"?...lol
    bro...please listen to me this time, it's not the "services" themselves that can do this, it's the "combination" of "cloud services" that makes this happen. These "services" are part of the "cloud", just as "dedicated servers" are part of the "cloud". "dedicated servers" themselves are not any different than "dedicated servers" around the world.

We know MS has just confirmed dedicated servers for all xb1 games. Until sony does the same that is an advantage for multiplayer focused games.
    Please give me a link to this news. EDIT: alright, i did find it on google, you just got saved today after all this assumption lol. http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/xb...rs-xbox-games/

and that is a big deal. i personally don't think Sony would be able to provide this. but until 4 hours ago, we did not know this and yet you were arguing without a reason. one place even said that it was free...that would be interesting and MS' trump card as these servers would be a big deal to big multiplayer games. even if they weren't free, i think this will be a pretty sizeable bullet point.

I'm curious to see how Sony would respond to this because now they have to at least answer what they're doing from their end. if they don't, i think people who were on the fence and are into MP games, will have their decision made for them.

I only repeated what was said in the article. MS has an advantage with azure. You may not agree but those are the facts. Until sony can prove otherwise I agree with that statement below. It's not problem that you take issue with it.
    Azure/cloud, yes. the amount of dedicated servers, at the point of our discussion, no. Now after the news, yes.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    That link Sufi, isn't concrete at all. It's the same stuff already posted a page back, which doesn't actually have the information supposedly quoted.

Extreme Poster
    well, it seems like that's what he said https://twitter.com/albertpenello/st...68827905835008

one dude asked if this meant matchmaking and multiplayer stuff, because you just never know with semantics. but as of yet, it's fair to assume that he may be talking about that.

it is possible that he may be thinking of "all Xbox One" games from the interpretation that all games will have the compute support that also have the dedicated servers? but we're just making things complicated at this point. let's see if there's more detail on this because it is definitely peculiar that they'd keep this information for so long and confirm it with a simple "yes".

if true, this would be the biggest megaton for next-gen so far, i can't think of any one thing Sony has that would trump this...of course, overall they still have more features for the gamers but this would definitely help a great deal imo.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm going to do this again...

No way Microsoft is giving free dedicated servers to all Xbox One games. Quote me on that later when my prediction is confirmed.

I believe you pay for a service, and it will include all the Xbox Live Compute services "free". So you'll pay for X and you get the bullet point features.

Extreme Poster
    seems plausible. yeah, if this turned out to be true, it would be the biggest shock since MS paid for the replacements. 1B was insane. this would probably be up there. honestly, if they did do this, it would really give them a huge leverage against PS4.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    dude...are you serious? i said they are all the same, as in "dedicated servers"! Please learn-2 read!
    According to whom? You?

noooo! you weren't talking about cloud back then! It's all there! it's in the writing! go back and read it! for the love of God man! have some decency!
    It's the same thing dude....lol

..i wanted to put this in all caps but i'll be nice. sir, what the heck does that have to do with DEDICATED SERVERS...the ones that we are discussing. we don't even know if Sony is using Gaikai for dedicated servers!
    Exactly. We don't know $#@!, just like you don't know all servers are basically the same.

no, not like you said. I said that they likely have way more servers than they will ever need so if, "IF" it came down to that they need more servers, things will be more smooth for them.

What "you" were saying was that MS will have an early advantage, which is "not" what I was saying and I don't agree with that and there's no evidence or implication in any way that we have discussed or presented so far. If you were anywhere right, Sony or EA or Activision would've said something about not having enough server support. That hasn't happened yet.
    lol... no they wouldn't.

really? all Xbox-One games will have dedicated servers? that's a bold statement. How did you come to that conclusion? those servers might be cheap but they still cost money and games that aren't bandwidth heavy don't really need them. Highly unlikely that all games will have dedicated servers. If they do and you can show me evidence then I will totally agree that 300k servers are clearly an advantage. EDIT: look below before you go crazy.
    yep, according to MS.

lol wow, nice prediction, a new service will need ironing out! nice! I guess that doesn't happen all the time lol. gotta little mr. patcher right here
    yep, issues. Meaning servers, locations, content. Just like you predict sony, ea and activision would "say something"about not having enough server support.....lol

bro...please listen to me this time, it's not the "services" themselves that can do this, it's the "combination" of "cloud services" that makes this happen. These "services" are part of the "cloud", just as "dedicated servers" are part of the "cloud". "dedicated servers" themselves are not any different than "dedicated servers" around the world.
    You don't know what you're talking about...lol There are differences between cloud, dedicated and virtual servers and they don't have to be a part of each other. But I don't need to tell you because you know already....lol

Please give me a link to this news. EDIT: alright, i did find it on google, you just got saved today after all this assumption lol. http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/xb...rs-xbox-games/
    lol..it didn't matter. You still have no clue what you are talking about. I was just making assumptions anyway though, right....lol

and that is a big deal. i personally don't think Sony would be able to provide this. but until 4 hours ago, we did not know this and yet you were arguing without a reason. one place even said that it was free...that would be interesting and MS' trump card as these servers would be a big deal to big multiplayer games. even if they weren't free, i think this will be a pretty sizeable bullet point.
    What do you mean we?. Thats you dude....lol It doesn't matter anyway all dedicated servers are the same , right? Nothing special there at all.

I'm curious to see how Sony would respond to this because now they have to at least answer what they're doing from their end. if they don't, i think people who were on the fence and are into MP games, will have their decision made for them.
    It doesn't matter what they do. MS 300,000 servers is just PR stuff anyway according to people here. Even J. Blow said MS is lying....lol

Azure/cloud, yes. the amount of dedicated servers, at the point of our discussion, no. Now after the news, yes.
    It was the same before the news. ALL ms did was confirm it. Either way they still had the amount of servers giving them a advantage, even if they weren't using them as dedicated.

Just face it dude, you were wrong. You don't know anything about what sony is doing with their service and you definitely already proved that you don't know much about what MS was doing with azure. You know,"azure" ,the name of MS service that you know so much about but didn't know the name of it...lol

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'm going to do this again...

No way Microsoft is giving free dedicated servers to all Xbox One games. Quote me on that later when my prediction is confirmed.

I believe you pay for a service, and it will include all the Xbox Live Compute services "free". So you'll pay for X and you get the bullet point features.
    Well that makes sense because all games don't need dedicated servers.

seems plausible. yeah, if this turned out to be true, it would be the biggest shock since MS paid for the replacements. 1B was insane. this would probably be up there. honestly, if they did do this, it would really give them a huge leverage against PS4.
    No it wouldn't because all dedicated servers are same according to you...lol

they are all the same, as in "dedicated servers"!
    Just get some servers and dedicate them right? No issues....lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-16-2013 at 03:10.

Extreme Poster
    According to whom? You?
    Yes. According to me.

It's the same thing dude....lol

Exactly. We don't know $#@!, just like you don't know all servers are basically the same.
    ok.

lol... no they wouldn't.
    why wouldn't they! the games are going to be out in a matter of weeks. without servers, you can't play the games!

yep, issues. Meaning servers, locations, content. Just like you predict sony, ea and activision would "say something"about not having enough server support.....lol
    bro, we don't know if Gaikai is providing Sony with dedicated server support yet. bleh. we're going in circles.

You don't know what you're talking about...lol There are differences between cloud, dedicated and virtual servers and they don't have to be a part of each other. But I don't need to tell you because you know already....lol
    wtf do you think i'm saying! and i never even brought up virtual servers...lol you just keep talking but do not make sense and then accidentally repeat what i was saying already or you change your entire statement. welcome to Sub's world, where you wish you had done acid instead.

you know what, i'm wrong, you're right...i was saying that there isn't any difference between dedicated servers and cloud what is sky? am i have for real purpose? i don't even.

lol..it didn't matter. You still have no clue what you are talking about. I was just making assumptions anyway though, right....lol
    yea that news just came out today, don't flatter yourself.

What do you mean we?. Thats you dude....lol It doesn't matter anyway all dedicated servers are the same , right? Nothing special there at all.
    are you implying that this news somehow confirms that dedicated servers aren't all the same? because i could've sworn that's what you were implying...wow...why do i even bother. seriously, $#@! my life. it's my fault that i get into discussions with you.

It doesn't matter what they do. MS 300,000 servers is just PR stuff anyway according to people here. Even J. Blow said MS is lying....lol
    up until now, we could only conclude that 300k was PR because MS never hinted that they would give "free" servers to all developers or that all x1 games will have servers...which doesn't make sense because Respawn clearly stated MS had an affordable price...so I donno who's right at this point. ...and hopefully we get more information about it because he just said "yes", it still can be a semantic thing. again you're quick to jump to conclusions and not think things through so i'll let you enjoy this one.

but please, don't act like you knew what you were talking about this whole time because this confirmation just came out today and we've been talking about this for more than a day now. lol. sheesh humble much?

It was the same before the news. ALL ms did was confirm it.
    no, having 300k that was supposed to be available and now saying that they will have them for "all" games are totally different news. how is that difficult to understand?

Either way they still had the amount of servers giving them a advantage, even if they weren't using them as dedicated.
    what does that even mean? you mean, you're going back to the fact that just having 300k is an advantage? ok but if we hadn't heard about what we just did, the advantage, again would be small that it wasn't worth mentioning. which is, if they run out, it's more easy for them to get more of them. again, so you don't get confused, IF they run out. or that they have more servers available than what Sony can get and the market demand is there for more servers. which would be a huge assumptions as we don't even know how that would turn out to be.

Just face it dude, you were wrong. You don't know anything about what sony is doing with their service and you definitely already proved that you don't know much about what MS was doing with azure. You know,"azure" ,the name of MS service that you know so much about but didn't know the name of it...lol
    I knew the name of it. i also understand what is the advantage with the service itself. what i specifically was talking about were the dedicated servers "availability". you are now changing your statement and somehow putting words in my mouth that i ever disagreed with azure having an advantage. which is not true but keep trying, maybe i'll give up eventually.

No it wouldn't because all dedicated servers are same according to you...lol
    again...*sigh* are you foreign? did you take ESL instead of regular English? I said that having servers on all xbox one games is the advantage, where did i say that MS' dedicated servers had special sauce in them? it's the services that azure offers on top of the servers!@#(*$

Just get some servers and dedicate them right? No issues....lol
    what are you talking about! are you high dude!?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Just curious. The 300k dedicated servers they keep talking about for xb1, is that the total amount of servers that azure has or does it have more and 300k are set aside for xb1?

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    Just curious. The 300k dedicated servers they keep talking about for xb1, is that the total amount of servers that azure has or does it have more and 300k are set aside for xb1?
    azure. for everyone.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    Ask sufi, he is the expert on all things dedicated servers...lol But you have to have "comparative data" first...lol

azure. for everyone.
    see, i told ya...lol

Extreme Poster
    actually dedicated servers aren't that complicated but thank you for putting in the good word for me.

Forum Sage
    actually dedicated servers aren't that complicated but thank you for putting in the good word for me.
    They weren't before you started discussing...lol

Extreme Poster
    ???

good night Sub.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Sufi hit the nail when posting about Respawn saying that there was an affordable price. PRICE!!! That doesn't scream "Free". Again, Microsoft PR will show its true colors when we hear the actual information instead of the PR speak.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Just want to clarify one point here and then you guys can continue beating each other up.

All "servers" in the cloud are virtual. Dedicated simply means that a group of virtual servers serves one purpose or in this case, one game. So why would any of these servers not be part of the cloud? Maybe I'm just not following...
    Last edited by Christopher; 10-16-2013 at 12:23.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    $#@! this thread now!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

17. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information