Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Elder

Sony fanboy's (its what the lad calls himself) X1 impressions:

inShare

Let's start with a very necessary editorial disclaimer: My name is James, and I'm a PlayStation fanboy.
    I have owned every iteration of Sony's console and, as a result, tended to sneer at its chief rival, the Xbox. All of which makes it something of a surprise that I walked away from an exclusive preview of Microsoft's forthcoming Xbox One hugely impressed.

My time with the Xbox One was focused on the gaming experience, and I worked my way across five big name launch titles: FIFA 14, Ryse: Son of Rome, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and Forza Motorsport 5. Each game was eye-catching in its own way and showed off the next-gen console's turbo-charged hardware (8GB of DDR3 RAM being the focal point), but the two standouts for me were Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5.

Dead Rising 3 looks like brilliant zombie-slaying fun, and Capcom really went to town with combo weapons in this iteration - I defy you not to grin uncontrollably when you pair up boxing gloves with a motorcycle engine and release the famous Street Fighter 'Dragon Punch' on your undead foes. Developed in-house by Turn 10, Forza 5 was the undeniable graphics star - cars had superbly defined curves and angles, while post-race wear and tear was equally vivid, no doubt thanks to the system's AMD 7000-series Radeon GPU. The Xbox One controller itself felt comfortable to hold, though its four rumble pads didn't provide as much impact as I expected - given that we were essentially playing on beta products, I wondered if they were firing on all cylinders.

I was hoping to get a better idea of how the Xbox One is sizing up on the entertainment front, but this particular preview was all about the games. That said, we do know that the One offers a healthy suite of connectivity features: on the rear of the console are ports for HDMI input and output, digital optical output, Gigabit Ethernet, and a pair of USB 3.0 sockets. The HDMI plugs are the headline spec here and nod to the Xbox One's drive to be an all-in-one home entertainment vehicle. With three virtualised operating systems on-board, the ambition is for voice-controlled instant switching between environments via Kinect 2- "Xbox, game" and "Xbox, TV" anyone?
    Speaking of Kinect: While we didn't get a chance to play with it ourselves, the second-coming of Microsoft's motion
    sensor looked capable of living up to the manufacturer's pinpoint accuracy boasts in a live demo, and also rendered a sharp virtual likeness of one of my journalistic peers. Early titles will largely make use of the voice command aspects - you can shout out orders to your army in Ryse, for example - but in a couple of years when game devs have got their collective head around the new technology, there are some really exciting prospects.

In short, the Xbox One won me over in the space of a morning, a pretty mean feat given my gaming biases. Based on what I saw - and I would have liked to have seen more, especially on the hardware front - it looks like an impressive system with some great launch titles. While that doesn't necessarily mean I'll be rushing out to buy one later in the year, I can happily recommend the Xbox One and look forward to gaming on it intermittently for many years to come. And were I ever wanting to boost my nerd credentials by splashing out on a second console, the Xbox One would almost certainly get the nod.
    http://www.itproportal.com/2013/10/1...sions-preview/

Veteran
    Literate fanboy at that!
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol right

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Sounds like someone that has only owned Microsoft products over a lifetime.

That being said... it sounded good.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Hall of shame thread for sure. lol

6. Likes Shingo , TEJ2025 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Sounds like someone that has only owned Microsoft products over a lifetime.

That being said... it sounded good.
    Lol I didn't want to say it

I know how touchy warriors are when it comes to things like this

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Lol if this dude is a fanboy, I wonder what am I
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Elite Guru
    Wait... a literate fanboy? Something's not right here...

Ultimate Veteran
    Real gamers don't use the word "gaming experience".. It's a trope that automatically keys you in that a marketing director somewhere wrote this.
    Who would have thought building a solid product that serves your customer's needs would beat out money, marketing, hype, and greed.

11. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information