Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Watch Dogs or Assassin's Creed IV at launch?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Watch Dogs

15 34.88%
  • Assassin's Creed IV

7 16.28%
  • Both

18 41.86%
  • Fuck these games

3 6.98%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Some gaffers got to try ps4 watch dogs in NYCC. This was the first thing posted
    Some months back my wife and I were renting 7 Psychopaths from a Redbox station. Some lady (completely unbidden and forcing herself into our personal space, by the way) pretty much hangs her head over my wife's shoulder to eyeball the movie on the screen and says "that was the most boring, stupid thing I've ever seen" and just walks away. My wife and I shrugged, rented it anyway, and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Still going to try WD.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakesHead View Post
    Some months back my wife and I were renting 7 Psychopaths from a Redbox station. Some lady (completely unbidden and forcing herself into our personal space, by the way) pretty much hangs her head over my wife's shoulder to eyeball the movie on the screen and says "that was the most boring, stupid thing I've ever seen" and just walks away. My wife and I shrugged, rented it anyway, and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Still going to try WD.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm anxious to see how that game does because I feel they are hesitant to show more. I want it to be good as well. Its most likely the demo sections are being re used in all the gaming events and that leads to repetition

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Some gaffers got to try ps4 watch dogs in NYCC. This was the first thing posted
    They probably didn't know how to play it. Were there any specifics other than that quote? OR since they brought GTA into it, they are GTA "fans".

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    They probably didn't know how to play it. Were there any specifics other than that quote? OR since they brought GTA into it, they are GTA "fans".
    There were other quote on other games.
    "knack was also meh. Killzone was dope but kinda too straightforward and simple"

I'm sorry I don't have the link for the thread. It was like 3 users

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's hard to figure the reasons... maybe they just aren't used to how Watchdogs is played, compared to playing the same formula for a decade or more with GTA.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    They most likely went into W_D trying to play it like its a GTA game.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    They most likely went into W_D trying to play it like its a GTA game.
    That is a strong possibility lol.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I don't really understand people who compare Watchdogs to GTA. Have you even seen some videos of this game ?!

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    I don't really understand people who compare Watchdogs to GTA. Have you even seen some videos of this game ?!
    They're both open world sandbox games why can't the be compared?
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I know the series is getting stale, but I'm getting ACIV on PS4 launch. It looks great and im really feeling the pirate mood.

Watch Dogs, although I love a new IP... looks so generic and boring in terms of its game world.. maybe on the cheap I'll get it

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    I think it's a fair comparison... however, I'd rather it be compared after people have had time to adjust to the way it's played and not expect it to be a GTA clone because it's an open world sandbox game.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I know the series is getting stale, but I'm getting ACIV on PS4 launch. It looks great and im really feeling the pirate mood.

Watch Dogs, although I love a new IP... looks so generic and boring in terms of its game world.. maybe on the cheap I'll get it
    I feel the one thing that is holding back Watch Dogs from being interesting to many people is that the setting isn't futuristic enough. The setting has this super-advanced connected network, yet the city looks just like modern day (with some sprinkles of the future here and there).

I love Cyberpunk stuff and most geeks love Cyberpunk stuff. Watch Dogs should have embraced that more. The elements are there a little bit though, including the music, which is cool. I like the music in this trailer:

Anywho, if Assassin's Creed IV was the first game in the series, I would go with that for one of my launch games, but I'm just heavily leaning towards Watch Dogs because it's something new and it still looks like a good game, no doubt.
    Last edited by Ixion; 10-15-2013 at 16:16.

13. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    They're both open world sandbox games why can't the be compared?
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Then throw in inFamous-Prototype-Assassin's creed-Farcry-Saints Row-Minecraft..Should i keep going ?!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think it's a fair comparison... however, I'd rather it be compared after people have had time to adjust to the way it's played and not expect it to be a GTA clone because it's an open world sandbox game.
    I don't really think so, it's like comparing Max Payne to Uncharted. They both are 3rd person shooters but both are different games, you always expect different experience when playing any of them.
    But that's my opinion...

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Watch dogs is a fresh breath of fresh air and because it's freaking insane looking on next gen...

AC 4 is a dull worn out series that is nothing more than done
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Watch_Dogs Delayed till spring 2014

Guess this makes the decision easier for ixion lol

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Yeah it looks like I may choose ACIV now when I wasn't before.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    AC4 it is then!

19. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Can I re-vote now

Damn you Ubi. Looks like I'll be taking Watchdogs off of my pre-order list.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Well, atleast now I don't have to wonder if I can afford 3 games at launch. Now I'll only get BF4 and KZ (and some of the f2p games).

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    I voted for Watch_Dogs because I already reserved it, but with the recent delay I will get AC4. I just hope its not as disappointing as AC3. Hopefully it returns to its roots.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    I voted for Watch_Dogs because I already reserved it, but with the recent delay I will get AC4. I just hope its not as disappointing as AC3. Hopefully it returns to its roots.
    Ubi has gone on record stating they are returning to their stealth roots with AC4. How true that is will inevitably be a personal decision from player to player as not everyone feels the same way about everything. I enjoyed AC3 for what it was, but I wasn't blind to the fact the stealth aspect of the franchise was lacking in it compared to previous titles. And I for one love stealth games....it's just the kind of gamer I am.

According to Ubi, they claim to be taking the best of AC1,2,3 and FC3 and the result is AC4. I too hope its not disappointing, but as someone that got to the navel battles in AC3 and the smile it put on my face navigating that ship between rocks and circling enemy ships...I have a difficult time believing AC4 will be anything other then a joy for me to play.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Well, that settles a month of internal debating!

Though I was starting to lean WD...

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Anyone thinking the tables could have turned if AC was the more popular game? That's figuring if they're actually only spacing out the release dates of course.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Apprentice

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm anxious to see how that game does because I feel they are hesitant to show more. I want it to be good as well. Its most likely the demo sections are being re used in all the gaming events and that leads to repetition
    Ah, I gotcha now, thanks In any case, looks like we'll be waiting a lot longer to see how good it turns out. I hope they use that time wisely! Better delayed than broken in some way I suppose.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Ubi has gone on record stating they are returning to their stealth roots with AC4. How true that is will inevitably be a personal decision from player to player as not everyone feels the same way about everything. I enjoyed AC3 for what it was, but I wasn't blind to the fact the stealth aspect of the franchise was lacking in it compared to previous titles. And I for one love stealth games....it's just the kind of gamer I am.

According to Ubi, they claim to be taking the best of AC1,2,3 and FC3 and the result is AC4. I too hope its not disappointing, but as someone that got to the navel battles in AC3 and the smile it put on my face navigating that ship between rocks and circling enemy ships...I have a difficult time believing AC4 will be anything other then a joy for me to play.
    I too enjoyed the naval battles it was something different and entertaining. I think what throwed me off completely was the stealth missing from the game and the change in the combat system. It just didn't fit, in comparison to the past games. I do hope AC4 is good also because I do really enjoy the series.

Thread Information