Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Apart from some pretty looking graphics, this appears to be just another run of the mill shooter. I mean it really isn't doing anything innovative.
    Do you know of any FPS where you have companion bot that can kill/distract enemies, create a force shield, allow you to rappel and climb almost any surface and hack computers/alarm systems?

That's pretty different, Killzone is also distinguished by it's heavy realistic movement. Looks great. plays great.

I would like you to name 1 "innovative" FPS that you have played and what makes it "innovative."
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Apart from some pretty looking graphics, this appears to be just another run of the mill shooter. I mean it really isn't doing anything innovative.
    fps gene not evolve since Quake, you could add few things but in general its still Quake

PSN ID
    Loopoiu
    Looks amazing but they went alittle overboard with that flare lighting damn

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    Do you know of any FPS where you have companion bot that can kill/distract enemies, create a force shield, allow you to rappel and climb almost any surface and hack computers/alarm systems?

That's pretty different, Killzone is also distinguished by it's heavy realistic movement. Looks great. plays great.

I would like you to name 1 "innovative" FPS that you have played and what makes it "innovative."

Oooh I've got this one: DUST 514

First real console beta
    FPS game set within and linked to universe of a space MMO
    Game works with an economy which will eventually be player driven
    Unrivaled customization of infantry and vehicle set ups
    Most indepth training skillset etc etc

Seriously, if you want something truly different then D514 is the way to go. Combined with EVE it is going to be the biggest and deepest war simulator on any platform anywhere.

All the next-gen shooters look pretty and will have new gameplay mechanics like rapelling and using this bot to do things but it's not real innovation in my eyes. I saw innovation in Iceland this January when I saw a guy playing DUST on console ask his colleague on PC to send down a tactical strike to the place the dude painted on his map. Asynchronous cross-genre, cross-platform badassery ensued as the PC dude bombarded a console battlefield in real time. Since then all the new features and "innovations" these mainstream shooters bring don't impress me at all...and this is just the beginning of a game that is 1 year into its 10 year development plan.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Im not quite sure you can compare a regular FPS to a FPSMMO lol

And is any of that even in the released game yet?

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    this...looks....so....$#@!ing....good
    Sure does. And to think this is just a launch title.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Sure does. And to think this is just a launch title.
    I know... that's what has me mesmerized lol. I mean dayum!! They've worked hard on this for sure.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I know... that's what has me mesmerized lol. I mean dayum!! They've worked hard on this for sure.
    Totally agree. Big props to GG for a job well done.

Veteran
    On the vegetation it probably got toned down to get it running super silky sixty frames per second! Give me that over some shrubs everyday of the week!
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Im not quite sure you can compare a regular FPS to a FPSMMO lol

And is any of that even in the released game yet?
    While DUST is termed MMO because it is set in the digital universe of EVE, there is little in the game other than the starmaps to give you this impression at this point. You log into DUST, go to the matchmaker and jump into battle...at this level D514 is just like any other shooter so I think it's a fair comparison...but the point was innovation in an FPS game.

All of what I said is very foundational stuff that exists already. The economy is probably the biggest game-play mechanic innovation. No other game offers that and while it's a jarring concept for some, after awhile it just makes total sense and now these modern shooters with their magically appearing vehicles and infinite battlefield assets just feels superficial to me. Blowing up a tank in DUST is way more satisfying than the countless abrams I blew up with my BF3 car bomb antics simply because I knew I had just cost that guy over 1 million ISK.

Forum Sage
    I've never cared for EVE/Dust but what you said is what I love about the universe. Loss is real.

I never get tired of reading about the sort of things that happen in EVE when you hear of Corp losing sometimes thousands of pounds worth of in game currency

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Killzone with vibrancy and colour, it's a sight to behold - can't wait!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I've never cared for EVE/Dust but what you said is what I love about the universe. Loss is real.

I never get tired of reading about the sort of things that happen in EVE when you hear of Corp losing sometimes thousands of pounds worth of in game currency
    Yeah there are some epic stories out there. It does add a different feel to the game that I haven't felt elsewhere. It's a kind of urgency because you know that when you die it costs you. At the end of BF3 I was like, oh I died 5 times. At the end of DUST 514 I'm like, $#@!, I died 8 times and lost half a million ISK--but as I said before, when you kill a guy in an expensive suit, or better yet, gear bought with real money, you can't beat it.

But I won't take the thread more OT with this lol. KZ:SF and many of the other FPS games out there look amazing and I'm sure they will be a lot of fun, but I don't see a lot of innovation...that was my point. It#s crazy to think that this is just a launch title as well.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    I must be the only person that loved the dark & gritty look of Killzone 2 for me that game looked outstanding, This Killzone is starting to look like Halo graphically and for me that's a bad thing.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    I must be the only person that loved the dark & gritty look of Killzone 2 for me that game looked outstanding, This Killzone is starting to look like Halo graphically and for me that's a bad thing.
    That level design is still there. GG just haven't shown it yet.

Hopefully they show it this week on Gametrailers thru or fri night.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Dedicated Member

rappel and climbing or creating a shield isn't innovation.many fps games have hit a point where gameplay has become pretty much stagnant, and killzone 4 is no exception. killzone 4 looks similar gameplay wise to killzone 2/3 with a few minor tweaks and the same heavy character movement that accompanies killzone games. Im not seeing anything special or next gen on the gameplay side. I'd say quake was the first game that defined innovation in shooters.
    Graphically yeah it is looking pretty, and the best that ps4 is offering at launch , but that is about it.
    Last edited by rene2kx; 10-14-2013 at 17:19.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Hopefully I will have enough to get this and Battlefield 4.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Oooh I've got this one: DUST 514

First real console beta
    FPS game set within and linked to universe of a space MMO
    Game works with an economy which will eventually be player driven
    Unrivaled customization of infantry and vehicle set ups
    Most indepth training skillset etc etc

Seriously, if you want something truly different then D514 is the way to go. Combined with EVE it is going to be the biggest and deepest war simulator on any platform anywhere.

All the next-gen shooters look pretty and will have new gameplay mechanics like rapelling and using this bot to do things but it's not real innovation in my eyes. I saw innovation in Iceland this January when I saw a guy playing DUST on console ask his colleague on PC to send down a tactical strike to the place the dude painted on his map. Asynchronous cross-genre, cross-platform badassery ensued as the PC dude bombarded a console battlefield in real time. Since then all the new features and "innovations" these mainstream shooters bring don't impress me at all...and this is just the beginning of a game that is 1 year into its 10 year development plan.
    I agree that the concept/possibilities of DUST are mind boggling.
    However, the meta-game elements all depend upon the EVE online universe, without it, it would feel like a pretty generic shooter. If the game is judged as an FPS alone, it's not the best in terms of innovative gameplay. I hope there is an improved PS4 version. BTW I tried to get into eve, but damn it's hard - everyone else is so much more powerful, It costs too much to even compete - I enjoy reading the stories though. Also, I don't have a $#@!ing clue what I'm doing there.

rappel and climbing or creating a shield isn't innovation.many fps games have hit a point where gameplay has become pretty much stagnant, and killzone 4 is no exception. killzone 4 looks similar gameplay wise to killzone 2/3 with a few minor tweaks and the same heavy character movement that accompanies killzone games. Im not seeing anything special or next gen on the gameplay side. I'd say quake was the first game that defined innovation in shooters.
    Graphically yeah it is looking pretty, and the best that ps4 is offering at launch , but that is about it.
    It also kills and distracts enemies and hacks alarms to allow better stealth play etc. It's quite integral to the gameplay and It's a major difference gameplay wise from KZ2 and KZ3.

Also, What do you mean by "Special"? Maybe we can petition Guerrilla to add that something special in their next game. Once you've defined it.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Superior Member

Also, What do you mean by "Special"? Maybe we can petition Guerrilla to add that something special in their next game. Once you've defined it.
    i'd like to hear his response to this. real silly way to downplay how great shadowfall is shaping up to be

20. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I agree that the concept/possibilities of DUST are mind boggling.
    However, the meta-game elements all depend upon the EVE online universe, without it, it would feel like a pretty generic shooter. If the game is judged as an FPS alone, it's not the best in terms of innovative gameplay. I hope there is an improved PS4 version. BTW I tried to get into eve, but damn it's hard - everyone else is so much more powerful, It costs too much to even compete - I enjoy reading the stories though. Also, I don't have a $#@!ing clue what I'm doing there.

It also kills and distracts enemies and hacks alarms to allow better stealth play etc. It's quite integral to the gameplay and It's a major difference gameplay wise from KZ2 and KZ3.

Splinter cell has similar gadgets.
    http://splintercell.wikia.com/wiki/Sticky_Camera
    Last edited by keefy; 10-14-2013 at 18:30.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Splinter cell has similar gadgets.
    http://splintercell.wikia.com/wiki/Sticky_Camera
    Oh there are plenty of 3rd persons games like that (hell even Gears has its robot assistant, I am racking my brains trying to think of any 1st person games though. Not robots at least. The closest I could think of is something like R6:Vegas with squad mates.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    After thiniking for about another minute or so.

Perfect Dark.

Laptop gun - sentry gun on walls
    Far sight - sees through walls and shoots through them
    Slayer - fly by wire rockets

zip lines are lame, remember that steam punk game damnation?
    Last edited by keefy; 10-14-2013 at 20:55.

Veteran

Perfect Dark.

The amount of zip lining and the bot that has a wall hack and kills enemy's for you is solely the reason for me not preordering and i loved K2 & K3 as well.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Perfect Dark.

Why are they lame? Some of the most fun I've had was zip lining in the Batman games. Can't really say one way or another about it in KZ SF until I play it.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Yep, its pretty nice.

Thread Information