Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

New offscreen Killzone Shadowfall footage shows many improvements

Superior Member
    I wish they would maybe tone down the lens flare a bit. Its like watching a JJ Abrams movie.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

3. Likes Forcedme wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage
    Will have to look into adding this onto my pre-order list.
    Just getting too hard to pass up.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

Goodness. This is just the beginning of the next gen... WOW.

6. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Will have to look into adding this onto my pre-order list. Just getting too hard to pass up.
    I've got my copy preordered. I cant wait.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    I wish they would maybe tone down the lens flare a bit. Its like watching a JJ Abrams movie.
    Ever tried looking straight into the sun in RL? They're trying to mimmick that. I think it looks good.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I've got my copy preordered. I cant wait.
    I pre-ordered the PS4 version of Battlefield 4 back in July and just cancelled it today in favor of Killzone Shadow Fall. I really don't want two shooters at launch and SF just continues to make my jaw drop. It looks incredible.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

Goodness. This is just the beginning of the next gen... WOW.
    Why do I think the old build looks better?

I think there is a LOT less vegetation than before (compare 0:42 and :23)

edit: Dam it there is a lot less vegetation. Even less trees.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-14-2013 at 00:26.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I think there is a LOT less vegetation than before (compare 0:42 and :23)

edit: Dam it there is a lot less vegetation. Even less trees.
    Probably just cause he went in a different direction on the map.
    Would be too hard to compare without seeing the same places.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Also, the "new" video isn't as good a capture as the other one.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Probably just cause he went in a different direction on the map.
    Would be too hard to compare without seeing the same places.
    No, its the exact same spot.

They have removed a lot of the trees in the distance, and some of the ones full stop.
    I think they have added the fog, to remove the fact that you cant see the trees further away (not a biggy its common thing in video games).
    But the foliage has decreased a lot. Most of the spots are visited in the first half of the video are the same locations. All be it some times from a different angle.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-14-2013 at 01:19.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Master Sage
    No, its the exact same spot.

They have removed a lot of the trees in the distance, and some of the ones full stop.
    I think they have added the fog, to remove the fact that you cant see the trees further away (not a biggy its common thing in video games).
    But the foliage has decreased a lot. Most of the spots are visted in the first half of the video are the same locations. All be it some times from a different location.
    Looks different to me, in the vid mistercrow posted at around the 20-30sec mark you can see the big helghan statue with the red lights on the back and then he looks to the far left and ziplines across in that direction.

The vid you posted at around the 9 second mark he ziplines straight ahead almost straight towards the statue.
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 10-14-2013 at 01:22.

Superior Member
    I think its just for the sunlight since the sun is very bright and its day time. The night time or inside environments don't look as bright.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Looks different to me, in the vid mistercrow posted at around the 20-30sec mark you can see the big helghan statue with the red lights on the back and then he looks to the far left and ziplines across in that direction.

The vid you posted at around the 9 second mark he ziplines straight ahead almost straight towards the statue.
    I didn't think they were the same location either... errr... same spot either.

Power Member
    Items User name style

Yeah he starts from a different point but zips to the same pylon thingy at 0:43 /0:23

I'd post you some pics but I have no idea how (manage attachments doesn't work).

Edit: OK:
    Old

New

Near as I could get in terms of same point of view/location.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-14-2013 at 01:41.

Super Elite
    Thank you for providing my daily chuckle.

Single-player still looks firmly just okay. But I'm glad that all the MP I've seen looks great. Perhaps not Killzone 2 level, but still a much greater step above Killzone 3.

Master Sage
    Yeah he starts from a different point but zips to the same pylon thingy at 0:43 /0:23

I see, good eye. Not sure if he follows the exact route though as the more flourished one shows a log bridge and then goes over to the water where as the other ziplines straight in between those two sections.
    But yea, looks to be roughly the same area.

Will need a better look later, 29th, still ages away.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I see, good eye. Not sure if he follows the exact route though as the more flourished one shows a log bridge and then goes over to the water where as the other ziplines straight in between those two sections.
    But yea, looks to be roughly the same area.

Will need a better look later, 29th, still ages away.
    Love the AHS avatar BTW. This season started off well.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I would just like to say that I am so glad Killzone now has.....color.

I never played the first and have the 2nd and I've tried to get into it numerous times....but EVERYTHING is so grey and dark.

Ultimate Veteran
    Epic that's all there is 2 it, day one for me

Superior Member
    Items User name style
    This looks incredible, better than any FPS game i have ever seen, pure gorgeousness, I love the vivid colours, i like the lens flare, the particle effects, the smoke, dust, FOG/mist, the lighting, how the sun rays shine through, the way the owl functionality is used. I'm not one to get carried away with the hype... But killzone SF has practically laid its own tracks. Nothing stops this hype train. not even the obvious FUD spreaders already here.

I love this new direction, I can't even imagine the variety of the multiplayer maps. I hope there is a map set in a ship in the sky with outside platforms! Like a giant oil rig 10 miles up so i could run around and snipe people and watch as they fall to their death.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A certain someone in this thread is imagining things...

If you hadn't noticed the view is from a different angle and the brightness/contrast is darker so it's harder to see the vegetation. Also new volumetric fog has been added for atmospheric purposes, the vegetation is still there.

If you have MS Paint - annotate the screenshot and show us exactly what's missing. Because, I think you may be seeing things, or rather not.

I'd post you some pics but I have no idea how (manage attachments doesn't work).

Edit: OK:
    Old

New

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    this...looks....so....fucking....good

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    This looks incredible, better than any FPS game i have ever seen, pure gorgeousness, I love the vivid colours, i like the lens flare, the particle effects, the smoke, dust, FOG/mist, the lighting, how the sun rays shine through, the way the owl functionality is used. I'm not one to get carried away with the hype... But killzone SF has practically laid its own tracks. Nothing stops this hype train. not even the obvious FUD spreaders already here.

I love this new direction, I can't even imagine the variety of the multiplayer maps. I hope there is a map set in a ship in the sky with outside platforms! Like a giant oil rig 10 miles up so i could run around and snipe people and watch as they fall to their death.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A certain someone in this thread is imagining things...

If you hadn't noticed the view is from a different angle and the brightness/contrast is darker so it's harder to see the vegetation. Also new volumetric fog has been added for atmospheric purposes, the vegetation is still there.

If you have MS Paint - annotate the screenshot and show us exactly what's missing. Because, I think you may be seeing things, or rather not.
    To each his own, people have eyes, they can watch both videos and make there own decisions. I still prefer the older build however.

Superior Member
    Apart from some pretty looking graphics, this appears to be just another run of the mill shooter. I mean it really isn't doing anything innovative.

Elite Member
    To each his own, people have eyes, they can watch both videos and make there own decisions. I still prefer the older build however.
    mynd you are imagining things the old video has cartoony colors the shading and the mist effect looks much better. All the vegetation and trees are still there I love the update it looks more realistic and its offscreen so it doesnt do the game much justice. Still being offscreen it looks much better than the old build.

Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Apart from some pretty looking graphics, this appears to be just another run of the mill shooter. I mean it really isn't doing anything innovative.
    such as?
    Last edited by hood; 10-14-2013 at 08:33.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

28. Likes victorijapoosp wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information