Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller

GTA: Online Gang Attack Map

UPDATE December 11th
    I haven't abandoned this. I sold GTA:V on the PS3 a couple months back and will be getting a PS4 by the end of the month. At that point I will be going through and confirming places still exist, that the info on locations is correct and then posting a new thread in the PS4 section. Once that is done I'll post the link here and I'll also add a link to the image so it will be easier to find for people who find the image elsewhere.

Once that is done I will go through the process of searching locations to see if any new locations have been added and after I'm done with that, whether I find new spots or not, I'll post an update about with my results.

Thanks to all for the support and glad it's helping people. The map image gets at least 50 views a day so I know people still use it and looking forward to being able to continually update it again.

UPDATE JULY 4TH
    Thanks to Sat and Thabto98 for the recent ones (57, 58 and 59). It really helps a lot, both for me and anyone coming to the site for an update on newer ones. Had to dig up where my PSD was, thankfully I found it. Those three locations that were found, I've searched those dozens of times through all my location checking and it figures once I take a break from it R* decides to add them.

Was hoping they added the two I previously found when they changed stuff for a day, but no luck.

Past Updates

I was making myself a map for all the gang locations and figured I'd make it a little nicer and share it here. So far I'm at 41 locations, and I'm not sure how many there are, but I would guess at least 4 more and likely 9.

Below in spoiler tags I have more details for the numbers, such as location description, time of day it's available, the most money I've found there as well as amount and what kind of enemies.

I would appreciate it if anyone finds a location I don't have, to make a post about the location and time you visited it (though just the location is fine as I can travel there and just wait for it to show). I was hoping to have them all mapped myself, but I've went through various suspicious locations at all three spawn periods and no luck.

Once all locations are mapped I'm hoping to change the color of each location on the map to represent the time of day, so the map is the only thing needed to navigate to them.

I've made the map image smaller, but if you preferred the larger one then the link for that image is here. This makes it easier to view the image full sized on this website and not mess up the page as long as you're viewing on at least a 1080 resolution.

Thank you to all who have helped with location finding.
    Last edited by ttech10; 1 Week Ago at 16:09.

2. Likes MMGDESIGNKING, Shockwave , -Dj- , claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awesome work friend +rep... This makes so so much sense
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Thanks. I didn't get on the game yesterday but will be later today.

It kind of drained me. Every time I thought I was done (at the 25, 30, 35 and 40 marks) I would end up finding one more. I at least made somewhere over $200,000 while making the map and ranked up 2 1/2 times, so it at least was worth it.

I just wish R* would at least say how many locations there are.

EDIT: I'm at 44 after finding 3 more in Blaine County and hopefully later today I get around to combing the area between there and Los Santos.
    Last edited by ttech10; 10-15-2013 at 01:00.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Awesome map, I haven't personally run into a gang attack. How does it work?
    Is there just a bunch of certain types of NPC gang members hanging out at those locations and you have to kill them all?
    Do you attract wanted levels if you are in a gang attack?
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    You can star gang wars, i do it all the time
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by gumionday View Post
    Awesome map, I haven't personally run into a gang attack. How does it work?
    Is there just a bunch of certain types of NPC gang members hanging out at those locations and you have to kill them all?
    Do you attract wanted levels if you are in a gang attack?
    You have to go to one of those areas within a certain time frame. Once you are in the vicinity and within that time frame a red zone will appear. Once you enter it you will find an enemy that will show on the minimap as a red circle. Once you attack him the gang attack will start and X amount of enemies will spawn (along with green crates, usually 3 or 4 with $500 in each one, you can also shoot the crates to trigger the gang attack if you can't find the enemy).

Once you've killed all the enemies the crates will disappear, but the money and ammo, guns or health packs will still be there. I've listed the types of enemies you'll encounter. Most are pretty easy, the only difficult ones can be the ones with Merryweather contractors as they can take more shots, though some enemy spawns will care a large number of shotguns, so you have to watch your surroundings carefully.

The only time I've attracted a wanted level during a gang attack is by using a grenade, sticky bomb or tear gas.

After you have successfully completed a gang attack it will have a green check mark on the minimap, similar to how races, parachute jumps and other activities will have a green check mark. The check mark will also show up from a further distance, which helps in finding the place later on as long as you know the general area (I don't think it shows up if you have the expanded map though, where you press down-down and the minimap gets bigger).
    Last edited by ttech10; 10-15-2013 at 22:16.

8. Likes gumionday, Shockwave likes this post
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Thanks for that, ttech10. Was wondering myself!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

what is the use of gang locations? does it half to do with a trophy?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Double Thanks ttech10, for the very detailed answer. Gonna have to try some of those out.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    what is the use of gang locations? does it half to do with a trophy?
    If you do 5 within 24 in-game hours you unlock a tattoo. I didn't even know about this until after I did it and was looking online for a map of all the places. Then there's a trophy for completing a gang attack without dying and killing at least 10 enemies.

Mainly it's just an easy way (IMO) to gain RP and money. The Shady Sands hangar takes about 1 minute and gets you 500RP and $2,000, along with ammo. With the map, it's easy now to jump over to one if I'm within the area. After doing so many, you will also get a text from a named character who will put a bounty put on you. I've had anywhere from $1,000 to $7,000.

And you're welcome ShockWave and gumionday. I spent at least one entire day working on it so glad it's appreciated.

EDIT: I'm at 49 locations now and once I get a few more places checked out I'll update the map and list.
    Last edited by ttech10; 10-16-2013 at 05:47.

PSN ID
    Bdybordr Austin
    Did u change around the numbers once you hit 50 because I did all but 50 and I just looked and I already did it? And I'm having problems with #6, it's never showing up in any of the time periods. I'm frustrated. And thx for making this map btw.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdybordr Austin View Post
    Did u change around the numbers once you hit 50 because I did all but 50 and I just looked and I already did it? And I'm having problems with #6, it's never showing up in any of the time periods. I'm frustrated. And thx for making this map btw.
    You're welcome.

Yea, I changed them around so that numbers would be together (like when I found #9, it was actually something like the 47th I found).

With #6, thanks for the tip. It used to be there and I was surprised I went to that area and it was gone, as I've done that one numerous times, so I was positive it was there. Thankfully I went to go sell a vehicle and found that they moved that gang attack to another location. It's still #6 on the map, but later when I have more time I'll change everything around. It's making me nervous that they'll end up changing some others, especially since there are so many possibilities.

Forum Overseer

dude, how the $#@! do you discover these!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    That's what i keep asking

PSN ID
    Bdybordr Austin
    Yeah thx for updating 6. I did this entire map when you only had 49 locations on there and I'm wondering what # is the last # u found bc I just went to #50 earlier and I already had that one. I'm level 154 in the game and I've done literally EVERYTHING so I'm just doing this to see what happens if Ron can stop calling me about defending his turf lol. And one more thing, is it true Ron calls u about when a "Special" crate drops into the game bc I have been playing for like 120+ hrs and I've never seen one. Thx again

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    dude, how the $#@! do you discover these!
    The buzzard attack helicopter is my friend. It's the quick and easy to maneuver. Then I just fly around certain locations and if I check out a spot at a certain time and there's nothing, I make a mark on a map in Photoshop with a certain color. Then I check that place during the other two time periods. I have about 80 marks on that map of places that didn't work out. There are tons of places that appear ideal for gang attack locations that they don't have them at.

Some are found after having a hunch about the spot and others are by accident when flying to another spot. About five were places I checked out after having previously been sent to do a job there (like #32 and #33).

Quote Originally Posted by Bdybordr Austin View Post
    Yeah thx for updating 6. I did this entire map when you only had 49 locations on there and I'm wondering what # is the last # u found bc I just went to #50 earlier and I already had that one. I'm level 154 in the game and I've done literally EVERYTHING so I'm just doing this to see what happens if Ron can stop calling me about defending his turf lol. And one more thing, is it true Ron calls u about when a "Special" crate drops into the game bc I have been playing for like 120+ hrs and I've never seen one. Thx again
    #31 is the last one I found. About the middle of the map near the eastern coast, purple number. It's an oil refinery, I believe.

And Ron will continue to call, I think he is talking about the survival "missions". I've just turned the ringer to silent and hit circle when I see him calling to reject it. I also don't know about the special crates. I've heard about them on another forum and that they usually have the gatling gun in them, but I've only had the normal green crate drops (the special are supposed to be yellow).

PSN ID
    HotOnYourTrail
    50 doesn't exist anymore. 51 is actually 50, and contrary to your listing in the spoiler tags, 51 only has 15 vagos, not 30.

Forum Overseer

but this game is so $#@!ing huge! unbelieveable lol. you're doing this without any hints?

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337chaos View Post
    50 doesn't exist anymore. 51 is actually 50, and contrary to your listing in the spoiler tags, 51 only has 15 vagos, not 30.
    I went to check 50 and it was still there. I moved the number on the map slightly lower as the position was slightly off. You're looking for this place:

I also checked 51 and there were 25 there this time. Not sure what the deal is there as I'm positive I had 30 the first time.

It looks like once a day I'll have to fly around and check out spots to confirm they still exist. It's going to make days like these where I can't get on pretty annoying.

And Sufi, it might sound impossible but it's pretty easy. Just time consuming. Compared to finding flags in the original Assassin's Creed, this is a cakewalk.
    Last edited by ttech10; 10-20-2013 at 08:18.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    1. Get bald haircut, no facial hair
    2. Neo-nazi like tattoo on chest
    3. Start race war
    4. Profit?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    the more you rank up more gang areas unlock

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    the more you rank up more gang areas unlock
    Where did you hear this?

The last I checked multiple areas I was around level 50, I'm about 1/3 the way to 59 so hopefully I can hit 60 today or tomorrow and give it another look around.

I just would have thought people would be commenting more if the spots weren't showing up. It's possible though. Besides, after finding that 51st I've still been needing to give it another look around the map (I use that time to watch Netflix on the computer while flying around on the PS3, productivity!).

PSN ID
    HotOnYourTrail
    I found one that isn't on the map. Spawns between 12:00 and 20:00, on the map it's between 15 and 31, on the road that goes almost all the way to the sea.
    Last edited by 1337chaos; 10-26-2013 at 03:42.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Thanks, got t updated. Looks like I'm going to have to spend tomorrow or Sunday rechecking all the places that were empty last time, as I remember checking that area before the 51st was found.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Do you ever rest and i thought you created GTA V

Thread Information