Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
Results 76 to 100 of 100
  1. #76
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    PSN ID
    Satarus999
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    57 - BanhamCanyon
    12:00-20:00
    = or < $1,500
    20 (some latinos: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...A?platformId=2)

  2. #77
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    PSN ID
    Satarus999
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    gta 1.jpg
    58 - ....
    12:00-20:00
    = or < $1,500
    20 Lost MC
    Last edited by Sat; 06-24-2014 at 16:52.

  3. #78
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    PSN ID
    Thabto98
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    I have found a new gang attack not previously listed, I do not have any details, except it was on game time about 2300-0100.

    My Game rank: 109

    Img_0173.jpgImg_0174.jpg
    Last edited by Thabto98; 07-02-2014 at 05:22.

  4. #79
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    Thanks guys, just updated the first post.

  5. #80
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    PSN ID
    Baires46
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sat View Post

    57 - BanhamCanyon
    12:00-20:00
    = or < $1,500
    20 (some latinos: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...A?platformId=2)
    Those latinos are Marabunta Grande, the salvadoran gang. You have ignored them on your list and probably confused them with the Vagos, as gang attack 3 in Vespucci beach is definitely Marabunta, and your list identifies them as Vagos. You might want to fix that up brother.

    Fantastic map BTW. Been using it for the last few months.

  6. #81
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Baires46 View Post
    Those latinos are Marabunta Grande, the salvadoran gang. You have ignored them on your list and probably confused them with the Vagos, as gang attack 3 in Vespucci beach is definitely Marabunta, and your list identifies them as Vagos. You might want to fix that up brother.

    Fantastic map BTW. Been using it for the last few months.
    Thanks, changed those two. I honestly didn't even know there was another street gang other than the Vagos. Apparently there's the Azteca's, which I'm sure some/most on the list may be mis-labeled as Vagos.

  7. #82
    Forum Elder
    Nakatomi Uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Uk
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,989
    Rep Power
    63
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    This a brillient this because I need the 5 gang attacks in 24hrs for the Platinum award I've already done 2 and I repeated the one near the center of the city near a Ammu-nation under a bridge and one at a building site, there fun and some are easy


    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
    Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1 F8
    INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz (Stock)
    Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB 1866mhz DDR3 (1600mhz@1.60v)
    OS Storage: Crucial 128GB M4 SSD
    Spare Storage: SanDisk 128GB SSD, WD 1TB Blue 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up)
    HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card
    OCZ Fatality 750w Modular PSU

  8. #83
    Hi I created an account just to say thank-you for the great map. Everything as of today checks out, the only correction to be made that I could find is that the time for location #57 is incorrect, it should be in the 4-12 slot.

    Cheers!

  9. #84
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    PSN ID
    bigun86
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for the map ttech10, helped me out a lot. Must have taken a lot of time tobproduce that, thanks again

  10. #85
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    Thanks guys. Godeater, I'd change it on the map but I currently don't have the game, traded it in to go towards the PS4 version and I don't like to change stuff without verifying it myself first. In the past I've had people tell me something was incorrect for them but when I went to confirm the location changed, it was still there. I appreciate the mention though, and if others mention it's incorrect for them as well I'll switch it.

  11. #86
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    PSN ID
    MrCostari
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello,

    First of all, thank you for taking the time so make such a helpful map, I have been using it a lot.

    I have some news for you and that you may or may not like. Back in February (around the 24th/25th) I spent 2 days recording every gang attack location with the plan to make a video about that (obviously giving you credit and putting the link of this thread in the description) Unfortunately, I'm lazy and haven't made the video yet. My terrible excuse for that may be because I was waiting for Heists update to see if anything changed. And it turns out I was right. A few days I decided I should add which gang you fight during the gang attacks to my video and went through all my footage, along with this thread, your map and the GTA wikia. Unfortunately, after about 2/3rd of recording the gang attacks in the game I decided that all I needed to show was the time and the location on the map. So from that point on I didn't trigger and moved on the next one on the list as soon as I had shown the location on the map. You may guess it, but that meant I had to go back ingame to check the numbers of enemies and what gang they were. (Another thing, the number of enemies and crates seems to be random too, according to the wikia, and I also noticed during my recordings the numbers I got were different than yours, but I don't know how random they are and if all or only a select few can be random. I didn't noticed a whole lot being random) When going to the 2nd gang attack I needed to check I found out it wasn't there. I checked the wikia to see what it says and found out what the red color in the table meant for some gang attacks. I meant it has been removed. There were a total of 9 gang attacks that were removed, according to the wikia (actually it is 8, since one gang attack listed there has been removed a long time ago, it isn't even on your map as of now, the link to the wikia: http://gta.wikia.com/Gang_Attacks it is #27 on the list, location was said to be at Madrazo's house, with enemies of this gang. Now I will mention more later of Madrazo's gang members as my explenation is bad enough as it is already. Sorry, I'm really bad in explaining things like this. Alright, so I went back to all 8 locations that were said to be removed and I was there at the right time. And they were gone. All 8 of them. They may have been switched to a different time, I only checked one gang attack on a different time. So now I'm wondering if there are more gang attacks which are gone, or have been switched to a different time. So I'm asking you if you could be willing to check all locations and check the 2 other time zones for the 8 removed/switched ones. I could also help you out, and we could both hop into the same session and work together to speed up things. Only problem is our timezones, I'm from EU and I don't play very often in evenings so we probably won't be online at the same time very often. I'll try to check some locations in the next few days, especially the ones I still need to check for the gang type.

    The ones that have been removed/switched are the following ones on your map:
    15, 41, 43, 46, 55, 22, 6 and 28.


    As for the gang types:

    When you list Madrazo men, these are actually the Professionals. Madrazo's gang is Mexican and currently does not take place in any gang attacks. The Professionals seems to share most of the lines with the Merryweather (as they are both ex-soldiers) but the big difference is that the Prof wear suits, from all sorts of colors (mostly not even matching) and most of them wear black gloves. Merryweather wears army clothing. The Vagos are a hispanic gang, like the Marabunta Grande and according the wikia the Los Santos Vagos prefer the color yellow, but I have seen them with lots of different colors. They like to shout Vagos!! and that's what usually does it for me. The Marabunta Grande likes to wear blue and are said to have lots of tattoes, in their face and such. They also like the wear bandanas and I haven't seen any Vagos with a bandana, I think. Luckily there are only 2 or 3 gang attacks with the Marabunta (2 I think)
    The Lost MC isn't very hard to regocnize, they mostly wear black or brown leather clotthing and are mostly bald. Some gang attacks also have some of their bikes and vans nearby. They mostly speak English and I can't really say what makes the difference between the Lost MC and Merry/Profs but you will probably recognize a difference in the way they speak. One notable line I've heard from the Lost is something about killing me with a basebal bat. But you seem to have gotten most (if not all) of the Lost MC locations right, and most Vagos and Merryweather too.

    Also, when you say Grove Street, those are actually The Families and Ballers is Ballas. As far as I know, each of them only has 1 gang attack. Others taking place in gang attacks are Rednecks, only 2 locations as far as I know and one of them has been removed now (55)
    And the Altruist Cult members in #49 weren't hard to miss. They only show up in one gang attack, in their little mountain cabin or whatever you call it. The Los Santos Triads seems to only appear once (they are the Chinese gang) and according to the wikia I linked, location #54 can spawn either Triads or Vagos. In my recording Triads spawned, so I'm not sure if the wikia is correct. I'll double check location #54 a few more times to check that.

    What I'm going to do now, is check the remaining locations I need to know the gang type of, I have about 13 of those left. Then I'll check all locations if they still appear on the same time and also maybe check again for the gang type but I doubt they changed. After that, I'm going to check the 8 locations on the 2 other timezones, see if they have been switched to a different time zone. When I'm done with that, I'll edit and upload my video about and post it here, so you can double check the gang type. I think I'll leave out the amount of enemies as they can be random. I'm actually hoping on you, as I'm not looking forward going to each and every single location again, I already spent 2 days doing this before. But I want to hurry up with it, as I actually want to finish the video before the end of next week. So if could check the locations, that would be great, if not, I'll post my updates here, see if anything has changed.

    Thanks and keep up the great work.
    Last edited by MrCostari; 04-01-2015 at 19:30.

  12. Likes Scheller likes this post
  13. #87
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    Thanks. I haven't done much Online in a while, typically when I do it's mostly around the city and haven't noticed any changes with the gang attacks.

    I'll try to hop on within the next day or two and run through the list, checking out what is/isn't there and then doing my flybys of different areas, seeing if they've added any. I just finished the Thief story, so can finally move on from that.

    One thing to take note of, are you on PS3/360 or PS4/Xbox One? If there are actually a lot of noteworthy changes then I'll go about updating this thread and posting a new one in the PS4 section, as I'm on PS4 now. I'll likely just focus on locations and times, dealing with the other info later, as the first two things are what show on the map.

  14. #88
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,352
    Rep Power
    74
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Oh ttech10, I don't know if you know but this is regularly one of the top things hit-wise on PSU, so many people Google search for a gang map and get lead here. We're talking hundreds of thousands of clicks since it was posted - so congratulations! You're the man!

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  15. #89
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    Thanks, yea one day I was over on GTA Forums and someone had posted this and talking about it. I don't have the same username over there, I feel like a secret agent of sorts, being able to comment on gang attack topics with nobody knowing my true identity.

    I never thought it would be so popular when I made it... I was just noticing nowhere had it so figured I'd make one for myself. Eventually I kept seeing it posted places, but usually not the most up-to-date one, so finally went about adding a PSU Forums mention.

    Working on getting it updated currently, so I've noticed 4 potentially removed ones and one that had the spawn time change. I think Windows 10 wants to update to the newest version, so going to be delayed from that. Hopefully though I'll have an updated map in a few hours.

    Update: Renovated the original post, played around with some stuff in Photoshop, and now I have three different images for people to choose from. To help keep down confusion from the additional maps - and increased likelihood of not knowing how old it is - I've added a date on the bottom and a Google link at the top. I really like the new one, the locations show much better and it also shows areas that weren't on the map I was using.
    Last edited by Scheller; 04-02-2015 at 10:17.

  16. Likes Shockwave likes this post
  17. #90
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    PSN ID
    MrCostari
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Thanks. I haven't done much Online in a while, typically when I do it's mostly around the city and haven't noticed any changes with the gang attacks.

    I'll try to hop on within the next day or two and run through the list, checking out what is/isn't there and then doing my flybys of different areas, seeing if they've added any. I just finished the Thief story, so can finally move on from that.

    One thing to take note of, are you on PS3/360 or PS4/Xbox One? If there are actually a lot of noteworthy changes then I'll go about updating this thread and posting a new one in the PS4 section, as I'm on PS4 now. I'll likely just focus on locations and times, dealing with the other info later, as the first two things are what show on the map.
    Thanks! I'm on PS4.


    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Thanks, yea one day I was over on GTA Forums and someone had posted this and talking about it. I don't have the same username over there, I feel like a secret agent of sorts, being able to comment on gang attack topics with nobody knowing my true identity.

    I never thought it would be so popular when I made it... I was just noticing nowhere had it so figured I'd make one for myself. Eventually I kept seeing it posted places, but usually not the most up-to-date one, so finally went about adding a PSU Forums mention.

    Working on getting it updated currently, so I've noticed 4 potentially removed ones and one that had the spawn time change. I think Windows 10 wants to update to the newest version, so going to be delayed from that. Hopefully though I'll have an updated map in a few hours.

    Update: Renovated the original post, played around with some stuff in Photoshop, and now I have three different images for people to choose from. To help keep down confusion from the additional maps - and increased likelihood of not knowing how old it is - I've added a date on the bottom and a Google link at the top. I really like the new one, the locations show much better and it also shows areas that weren't on the map I was using.
    Which one has a different spawn time now? One of the 'removed' ones or a different one? Sorry, I saw it in the OP now.

    I think I'm just gonna forgot about making that video as they keep changing Gang Attacks and it's likely going to be outdated within a week after upload.
    Unless, you think it's a good idea? I would like the opinion from a Gang Attack expert.
    Last edited by MrCostari; 04-02-2015 at 12:20.

  18. #91
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    57, the beach houses a little west of the Kortz Center (furthest left on the bottom half of the map). It used to be red, now it's yellow. That's been a weird one, as it seems to change times every now and then.

    I'm done with the game right now, but tomorrow/later today I'll try and fly around and check different areas to see if anything was added. That's the part that takes the longest, though I've done it so many times that there are a large number of places I keep in mind to check.

    I'm really not sure how often Rockstar plans on changing stuff up, though a lot of the locations have stayed the same since I made the first map (I'll go through my old images later to be sure). They add stuff more than they remove stuff. You can see that on the lower half of the map where you have numbers 51 and 54 sitting right next to 13 and 14. To make things even more confusing, there have been times where Rockstar has added locations one day, then removed them the next day. I've never bothered with a video because I'd be worried like you, a week after finishing they would change stuff up again. I wish I understood their logic behind changing stuff up. I get removing 55 and 49 as the first one was hard to get to and the cult camp was bugged (on a previous page I had to record a walkthrough on how to make that one activate), but I don't understand why the others were removed.

    Update: Here's a quick post of what I have checked out. All black dots are areas that I've checked at the three different time zones. So far nothing new. Not sure if I'll be up to it tomorrow, but might finish looking around the city.

    Update 2: And here's what I've checked now.

    Last edited by Scheller; 04-06-2015 at 08:08.

  19. #92
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    PSN ID
    MrCostari
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    57, the beach houses a little west of the Kortz Center (furthest left on the bottom half of the map). It used to be red, now it's yellow. That's been a weird one, as it seems to change times every now and then.

    I'm done with the game right now, but tomorrow/later today I'll try and fly around and check different areas to see if anything was added. That's the part that takes the longest, though I've done it so many times that there are a large number of places I keep in mind to check.

    I'm really not sure how often Rockstar plans on changing stuff up, though a lot of the locations have stayed the same since I made the first map (I'll go through my old images later to be sure). They add stuff more than they remove stuff. You can see that on the lower half of the map where you have numbers 51 and 54 sitting right next to 13 and 14. To make things even more confusing, there have been times where Rockstar has added locations one day, then removed them the next day. I've never bothered with a video because I'd be worried like you, a week after finishing they would change stuff up again. I wish I understood their logic behind changing stuff up. I get removing 55 and 49 as the first one was hard to get to and the cult camp was bugged (on a previous page I had to record a walkthrough on how to make that one activate), but I don't understand why the others were removed.

    Update: Here's a quick post of what I have checked out. All black dots are areas that I've checked at the three different time zones. So far nothing new. Not sure if I'll be up to it tomorrow, but might finish looking around the city.

    Update 2: And here's what I've checked now.

    Thanks. That seems a good idea then, not making a video about it.

    I admire your dedication to the map. It took me 2 days to record all locations and I can only guess at how much time you spent checking all locations and making sure the map is up to date. Ofcourse I'm slow and did not spent 2 full days doing this but still, you, sir, are one of a kind. Amazing work, keep it up!

  20. #93
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    If I didn't have my PS4 and PC setup right next to each other, it would have taken much longer and been so much more boring. But this way I can quickly fly around to locations and just as quickly look over at the map and mark down checked areas. I had Psych playing in the background, went through a few seasons. Typically when I fly around looking for locations I ignore the city, as it's the most likely area to be reported on here, and it doesn't take long... but I hadn't done a thorough search in a while and went all in. I don't even want to think about how much time went into it.

    Now I'm just trying to decide if I re-number the locations, as it's possible they intend to keep it like this, being that it's at 50 locations now which seems like a number they would stay with. I went ahead and took pictures of all the locations and now you can click the locations on the description list to see them. The next step I think I'll take is giving them better names (like renaming Construction Site to Mile High Club Construction Site).

    For now though I'm taking a break and going over to PS3 and playing through Dishonored. Can only handle so much GTA in a single week.

  21. Likes MrCostari likes this post
  22. #94
    Elite Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,652
    Rep Power
    100
    So, seasoned GTA players. I haven't played GTA V at all and I'm wondering. Is it worth playing the story to get to grips with the map or should I just dive into the online part right away?
    i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866Mhz | Custom CPU WC
    6GB EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | ​2560x1440 144Hz Asus Rog Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D |
    Windows 8.1

    500GB PS4 aka DestinyBox

  23. #95
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    I'd say it might be worth playing the single player enough so that you are acquainted with the controls. The enemies are lot less forgiving and deal more damage online than in single player, so you'd probably want to be familiar with aiming, control, and the cover system in order to survive the missions.

    As for getting used to the map, it probably won't be a huge problem if you went into online not knowing it. You probably have already seen the basics of it, but single player has the fog on the in-game map to hide areas you haven't visited yet, which I think made exploring the first time around more interesting as I had stayed every from all news of it. Online shows everything from the get-go, though, so it has the potential to ruin some of the exploration if you haven't checked out much of the map already.

  24. Likes BBK.. likes this post
  25. #96
    Elite Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,652
    Rep Power
    100
    Yeah I think I'll play a few hours of single player when it unlocks tonight. I know that the way you escape the police has a different mechanic from previous GTA games. And as you said it'll give me a chance to get used to it and the way it feels. Really looking forward to it though. I put myself under a GTA rock since it came out so it'll be pretty fresh for me
    i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866Mhz | Custom CPU WC
    6GB EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | ​2560x1440 144Hz Asus Rog Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D |
    Windows 8.1

    500GB PS4 aka DestinyBox

  26. #97
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    Since you haven't seen much about it, I'd definitely recommend single player first. It'll give you some of the tutorial stuff and granted I don't know how they'll do online on PC since it has the better hardware, but for both consoles the online portion has had assets decreased or even removed (it probably won't ruin anything, but just in case, I won't mention specifics... just know it's somewhat noticeable on consoles). Single player is the full/best experience, in my opinion.

  27. #98
    Elite Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,652
    Rep Power
    100
    Thanks for taking the time out to reply to me dude. Really appreciate it.

    I think it'll be wise for me to play the single player first to get used to the mechanics and map then go online. I imagine there will be people porting over characters from different platforms who will have everything from the get go!

    I think I get a bonus 800K or so to spend online. Going to buy a house and some weapons then save the rest for whatever I fancy.
    i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866Mhz | Custom CPU WC
    6GB EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | ​2560x1440 144Hz Asus Rog Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D |
    Windows 8.1

    500GB PS4 aka DestinyBox

  28. #99
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    No problem at all.

    And there will certainly be people doing the character transfer, that's the first thing I did on PS4. Nice that you have a decent amount of spending money but know it goes fast and easy. I've made about $13 million from my playing (15 days worth, apparently, though I also mostly only do "free roam" and solo missions) and right now only have a little over $800k. That's with having mid-high end cars with almost none of the more expensive mods. I wish I cared more for the team aspect so I could do some heists and make more money, but honestly, I have pretty much all I want.

  29. #100
    Master Guru
    Scheller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    97
    I should be updating the map tomorrow after testing some things. I played as my level ~40 character and was missing a handful of locations (20, 23, 32, 36, 48, and 51). I don't think it's level based, but tomorrow will check those locations and the previously removed ones with my level ~120 character.

    UPDATE: Okay, so those locations showed up correctly for my high level character, but still not showing up for my lower level one. So if those ones are showing up for anyone, the level is the reason why.
    Last edited by Scheller; 05-07-2015 at 07:30.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.