Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Have you played it? Marginally better is not the word that those who have had time with it are saying.
    The videos I've seen of the Alps and Laguna Seca didnt look much different than Forza 4 imo and the hands on impressions I've read have been mixed.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    The videos I've seen of the Alps and Laguna Seca didnt look much different than Forza 4 imo and the hands on impressions I've read have been mixed.

Have a crow at this...

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...Fan-New-Screen
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

3. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Elite Member
    Have you played it? Marginally better is not the word that those who have had time with it are saying.

Locked 60fps everyday of the week than a game that jumps between 24fps-60fps and the only time it's 60fps on that track is when no cars are on screen which infact is quite lucky since the AI is non existant in GT games
    well at the moment the gt6 demo can run 720 60fps locked and dips below 60fps at 1080p but I guess we will have to wait until the game launches.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...t6-demo-vs-gt5

This thread has been derailed come on mods...
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Well, the track is the track, but the visual aspect of it is definitely improved and looks obviously different in that regard. Hands on, mixed? Welcome to the real world. Some people like it, some people don't. That's something with EVERY SINGLE GAME.

6. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Locked 60fps everyday of the week than a game that jumps between 24fps-60fps and the only time it's 60fps on that track is when no cars are on screen which infact is quite lucky since the AI is non existant in GT games
    really dude, 26fps is not even the average. if that were the case then you could say that BF3 goes from 10fps to 30. when that 10fps happens like...once in a few weeks depending on how much carnage there is.

again, i've played GT5 and it runs at around 60fps with all cars on track. you're trying to downplay the game's prowess to suit your argument. fine.

8. Likes K2D , patthebaker321 likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    really dude, 26fps is not even the average. if that were the case then you could say that BF3 goes from 10fps to 30. when that 10fps happens like...once in a few weeks depending on how much carnage there is.

again, i've played GT5 and it runs at around 60fps with all cars on track. you're trying to downplay the game's prowess to suit your argument. fine.
    A sim needs framerate far more than any other genre! Having it drop so low has a huge impact on the steering wheel and pedals! If iRacing ran at 24fps-50fps no one would play it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    How the hell did we spend 2 pages on forza vs GT?!

Please do not reply to any comments that aren't about the topic at hand -Itachi

11. Likes patthebaker321, Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    How the hell did we spend 2 pages on forza vs GT?!
    At the rate it is going it will probably end up at 3+!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

13. Likes patthebaker321 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Well, the track is the track, but the visual aspect of it is definitely improved and looks obviously different in that regard. Hands on, mixed? Welcome to the real world. Some people like it, some people don't. That's something with EVERY SINGLE GAME.
    Which is pretty much my point. As for the videos we discussed that in the Alps video thread and we disagreed there too. So we obviously just differ in our opinions there. It didnt look like a generational leap to me. EDIT- Just saw Itachis post so I'm done with that topic.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-14-2013 at 20:45.

Forum Overseer
    A sim needs framerate far more than any other genre! Having it drop so low has a huge impact on the steering wheel and pedals! If iRacing ran at 24fps-50fps no one would play it.
    yea except it doesn't dip to 26fps in regular maps. i get it, it's still not a good scenario but then i'd think having weather and time would still outweigh a small issue on a specific map.

i guess turn 10 figured out the issue and removed rain and water from the equation. 60fps at all times now!

Veteran
    yea except it doesn't dip to 26fps in regular maps. i get it, it's still not a good scenario but then i'd think having weather and time would still outweigh a small issue on a specific map.

i guess turn 10 figured out the issue and removed rain and water from the equation. 60fps at all times now!
    The track is not a regular "map" wtf...So what is it?

Sims is obviously not your thing...Who the hell plays sims and calls a track a map lol It's true GT5 is the game for CASUALS!

PSU Technical Advisor
    BriT over at B3D (A mod) is having another conniption, swearing that Cboat has no insider knowledge and he's wrong etc and so forth.

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1...postcount=6998

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1...postcount=7001

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1...postcount=7005

^last was in response to "Clearly he has inside info."
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 10-14-2013 at 20:56.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    ^so does that pretty much confirm that he is a real insider? just doesn't have enough info or giving us sensationalist info to make money?
    you mean like one game. a game that has nothing to do with hardware prowess. not saying CBOAT is right or not but your example doesn't mean anything.
    I had to go read reddit to find out what this was in context, And no, it was to do with reliabilty, nothing to do with Prince of Persia on a boats statement.

What amazes me is, how people say he is an insider, if you read some his neogaf statements, he's clearly in love with Sony, and does little but spew neagativity towards MS. And yet people suggest he is an insider based on nothing. "He gets most things right" is simply untrue, he flings a lot of stuff, some of it stick cause its either an already fully formed or strong rumor (He commented on the edge article etc over a month after Ryse was confirmed as 900).
    Any of the ones he has actually gone out on a limb with have been 100% wrong.

Launch date of the PS4, content of E3 press conferences etc etc.

Look at this one for example...

Whispers of optional Kinect (not in Box, SKU happening early next year).
    Enough smoke now to point out the fire before the announcement in September.
    Launch sale fallout will be a factor in kinectless SKU.
    Well $#@! me is that a prediction?
    I think we all know if MS falls flat on sales they will push a Kinectless SKU out the door. Whats the smoke? Well we all know that Kinect doesn't have to be plugged in anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    BriT over at B3D (A mod) is having another conniption, swearing that Cboat has no insider knowledge and he's wrong etc and so forth.

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1...postcount=6998

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1...postcount=7001

http://beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1...postcount=7005

^last was in response to "Clearly he has inside info."
    I don't know about no insider knowledge, Ive suspected for a while now that hes either journalist or related gaming post production ala a video editing company that does trailers or something.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-14-2013 at 21:07.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I had to go read reddit to find out what this was in context, And no, it was to do with reliabilty, nothing to do with Prince of Persia on a boats statement.

What amazes me is, how people say he is an insider, if you read some his neogaf statements, he's clearly in love with Sony, and does little but spew neagativity towards MS. And yet people suggest he is an insider based on nothing. "He gets most things right" is simply untrue, he flings a lot of stuff, some of it stick cause its either an already fully formed or strong rumor (He commented on the edge article etc over a month after Ryse was confirmed as 900).

On the other hand, you can work at a company and unequivocally hate it. Slot me a pint at a bar sometime and I'll talk $#@! 24/7 about the trainwreck that is my boss and this company (which he owns).

Veteran
    On the other hand, you can work at a company and unequivocally hate it. Slot me a pint at a bar sometime and I'll talk $#@! 24/7 about the trainwreck that is my boss and this company (which he owns).
    Cbull$#@! is most likely some MS employee Tboy

Forum Overseer

why are devs responding to this guy? and why did they say that he's talking about certain devkits. wouldn't that imply that he at least knows about those and maybe just taking it out of context to fling $#@! at MS?

Look at this one for example...

Well $#@! me is that a prediction?
    I think we all know if MS falls flat on sales they will push a Kinectless SKU out the door. Whats the smoke? Well we all know that Kinect doesn't have to be plugged in anymore
    did he make that comment after the news about kinect's lack of requirement or before?

I don't know about no insider knowledge, Ive suspected for a while now that hes either journalist or related gaming post production ala a video editing company that does trailers or something.
    lol whatever it is, he's trying to make money of course.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Why is everyone angry at him though (i.e. Cbull$#@! etc). If he's wrong, then he's wrong? No need to get all worked up peeps.

Dude is likely just stirring pots.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    yeah, uh I mean he seems to have inside oil on both companies (its always fantastic oil for Sony).
    How on earth could you do that working at one company , and only hear good things about the other?

Come on, that makes little to no sense.

I tell you what though, he has a firmly held belief that MS's machine is going to fail hardware wise. He's been banging on about terrible yields etc for some time (all cemented from semi-accurate articles).
    In fact hes been playing that truthfact out for over a year now. Depsite everything now proven to the contrey.

He said the yields were terrible and that the machine had a down clock.

The truthfact is, we know the CPU has built in redundancies to up the yields and that its had an upclock.

So, what exactly has he got right? Hes predicted a couple of third party game in the past.

He also said remember me ( Think that was the game) was a Sony exclusive, over a year after the fact was it wasn't.

Maybe hes just a 12-18 months behind

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    why are devs responding to this guy? and why did they say that he's talking about certain devkits. wouldn't that imply that he at least knows about those and maybe just taking it out of context to fling $#@! at MS?
    They weren't they were responding to redit readers. You need to go read the thread.
    did he make that comment after the news about kinect's lack of requirement or before?

lol whatever it is, he's trying to make money of course.
    6 days after. Of course.

PSU Technical Advisor
    yeah, uh I mean he seems to have inside oil on both companies (its always fantastic oil for Sony).
    How on earth could you do that working at one company , and only hear good things about the other?

Come on, that makes little to no sense.

I tell you what though, he has a firmly held belief that MS's machine is going to fail hardware wise. He's been banging on about terrible yields etc for some time (all cemented from semi-accurate articles).
    In fact hes been playing that truthfact out for over a year now. Depsite everything now proven to the contrey.

He said the yields were terrible and that the machine had a down clock.

The truthfact is, we know the CPU has built in redundancies to up the yields and that its had an upclock.

So, what exactly has he got right? Hes predicted a couple of third party game in the past.

He also said remember me ( Think that was the game) was a Sony exclusive, over a year after the fact was it wasn't.

Maybe hes just a 12-18 months behind
    As I understand it, he never made any mention of a downclock. That is, I do not recall (and doesn't his latest comment, mentioned in THIS thread, even have him address this?) stating that the Xbox One's will have a downclocked speed.

Forum Overseer
    I'm reading the article and it says clearly that the dev was responding to that dude's claims.

who knows, it could be a Sony employee trolling MS. article mentions that he knew about the conference ordeal.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Why is everyone angry at him though (i.e. Cbull$#@! etc). If he's wrong, then he's wrong? No need to get all worked up peeps.

Dude is likely just stirring pots.
    I call him that due to the bull$#@!/how many predictions he gets wrong nothing to do with getting worked up.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I'm reading the article and it says clearly that the dev was responding to that dude's claims.

who knows, it could be a Sony employee trolling MS. article mentions that he knew about the conference ordeal.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comm...ired/?sort=old

Forum Overseer
    could you quote what you're leading me to? i'm not sure what i'm supposed to read here.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    could you quote what you're leading me to? i'm not sure what i'm supposed to read here.
    I think mynd is talking about the comments from the "confirmed" xbox dev.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Thread Information