Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    now put those on a big screen lol.

EDIT: for the record, I can tell the difference. and of course it won't be apparent on a monitor XD

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    You guys honestly can't see the difference? I mean it's not huge bit it is noticeable.

Then again I'm looking at them on a 60" screen not a PC monitor so...yeah...

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Minimised they look the same. Maximised there's a noticeable difference. Look at the particles in the air, look at the the player's gloves and the detail of the fence in the background. All are sharper on the 1080p shot. It's not a great comparison anyway because the upscale looks artificially better than it would do normally.

IMO games should run at a screen's native resolution. It's not as important with TV's as with monitors, but it's still important enough that it should be a primary focus. And most people now have 1080p TV's.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So, now that I can actually see from home and not being blocked by work, I thought I'd do a difference burn on the two images.

Tada..

Inverted

I wouldn't call it an amazing difference. In fact, as I suspected, 900p to 1080p does a cheap free AA on edges.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-15-2013 at 08:28.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Thread Information