Hybrid View

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Raising the bar with Direct3D and Xbox One.

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/a...-direct3d.aspx

Never thought Mantle was part of the Xbox One architecture The Dx11.2 HW was also always known,
    Nice read.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/a...-direct3d.aspx

Never thought Mantle was part of the Xbox One architecture The Dx11.2 HW was also always known,
    Nice read.
    Reading really isn't your strong point.

Other graphics APIs such as OpenGL and AMD’s Mantle are not available on Xbox One.

Apprentice
    Items PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    hahaha this was funny

Elite Member
    It seems reading isn't your strong point.

We are very excited that with the launch of Xbox One, we can now bring the latest generation of Direct3D 11 to console. The Xbox One graphics API is “Direct3D 11.x” and the Xbox One hardware provides a superset of Direct3D 11.2 functionality.
    Other graphics APIs such as OpenGL and AMD’s Mantle are not available on Xbox One.
    Looking ahead, we’re stoked about the releases of Xbox One and Windows 8.1! The process that got us to this point will continue to drive our future releases. We are getting excellent feedback from the industry around the areas that are most important for future API development, and that feedback is directly informing our Direct3D development direction.We’re continually innovating in areas of performance, functionality and debug and performance tooling for Xbox One. We’re also working with our ISV and IHV partners on future efforts, including bringing the lightweight runtime and tooling capabilities of the Xbox One Direct3D implementation to Windows, and identifying the next generation of advanced 3D graphics technologies.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We don’t want to do a PS3 game," or "It’s really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    It seems reading isn't your strong point.
    I want you to read the quote following this...slowly...and repeatedly...until you understand how ironic what you just said actually is.

Nice read.

Elite Member
    I want you to read the quote following this...slowly...and repeatedly...until you understand how ironic what you just said actually is.

lol here I go trying to defend people womp womp wooomp
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We don’t want to do a PS3 game," or "It’s really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Huh? That's what he said "Never thought Mantle was part of the Xbox One architecture".

He didn't say "I didn't realize Mantle was part of the Xbox One architecture".

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Huh? That's what he said "Never thought Mantle was part of the Xbox One architecture".

He didn't say "I didn't realize Mantle was part of the Xbox One architecture".

If he meant that he already knew Mantle wasn't part of the XBO architecture then why even mention it?
    Because he's already posted about Mantle being part of the XBO architecture. Or, as Sith puts it, "Microsoft knew all alone about Mantle which makes this Anandtech article spot on."

If you care to you can follow the thread link, read the article yourself etc etc. I went ahead and took the liberty of grabbing the important piece to take away from that "spot on" article and quoted here for you:
    What’s not being said, but what becomes increasingly hinted at as we read through AMD’s material, is not just that Mantle is a low level API, but rather Mantle is the low level API. As in it’s either a direct copy or a very close derivative of the Xbox One’s low level graphics API.

But hey if I'm wrong I'll readily apologize and move on.

Forum Elder
    well it's. sure not someone's.

Elite Sage
    If you're going to be rude to someone you should at least make sure you are in the right. Otherwise you just come across like a tool.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Never posted any thread on xbox one having Mantle their were an article in the PC section suggesting it was. Subjective reading and listening on your part.
    You mean other than the one I linked to? You're the OP and the only post in it...Your claim is the article is "spot on".

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    If you're going to be rude to someone you should at least make sure you are in the right. Otherwise you just come across like a tool.
    I'm tired of being polite, but honestly I don't think I was that rude.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

Looks like someone got busted.

I don't think any tech talk is going to help MS. It seems pointless when you are launching after a console that's stronger.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-15-2013 at 09:51.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    ....And cheaper

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk now Free

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    If he meant that he already knew Mantle wasn't part of the XBO architecture then why even mention it?
    Because he's already posted about Mantle being part of the XBO architecture. Or, as Sith puts it, "Microsoft knew all alone about Mantle which makes this Anandtech article spot on."

If you care to you can follow the thread link, read the article yourself etc etc. I went ahead and took the liberty of grabbing the important piece to take away from that "spot on" article and quoted here for you:

But hey if I'm wrong I'll readily apologize and move on.
    Never posted any thread on xbox one having Mantle their were an article in the PC section suggesting it was. Subjective reading and listening on your part.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Thread Information