Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Cancelling a game a month before release not to mention bundles for More polishing ?! That's pure lying. They think all gamers are idiots ? ( Most of them are ) But this move makes me disrespect Ubisoft.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I'll be cancelling my Watch Dogs pre-order now. Damn you Ubi.

That said, this may actually be a good thing. I'm guessing that the comments that came out last week about it being 30fps but not sure if it was going to be 720p or 1080p was more of a testing of the waters to see how pissed the gaming community would be if it wasn't 1080p on Next Gen platforms. I'd guess they already came to the conclusion that they couldn't complete what they wanted and still be 1080p and decided to see if scaling it back to 720p would be acceptable and still meet their timeline.

Well, there was a lot of vocal complaints about it if it became 720p.

So fingers crossed, this may just mean they're going to hold it back but do it right. That would be worth it to me personally.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    I'll be cancelling my Watch Dogs pre-order now. Damn you Ubi.

That said, this may actually be a good thing. I'm guessing that the comments that came out last week about it being 30fps but not sure if it was going to be 720p or 1080p was more of a testing of the waters to see how pissed the gaming community would be if it wasn't 1080p on Next Gen platforms. I'd guess they already came to the conclusion that they couldn't complete what they wanted and still be 1080p and decided to see if scaling it back to 720p would be acceptable and still meet their timeline.

Well, there was a lot of vocal complaints about it if it became 720p.

So fingers crossed, this may just mean they're going to hold it back but do it right. That would be worth it to me personally.
    I totally agree. If they are delaying it to fix those issues fair enough, but what I dont agree with is their lack off information to retailers as to their watch dogs preorder bundles. Game store here where just informed to cancel the preorders.
    psn id: Seekersneak

Loving the ps4, Currently have:
    Assassins creed: black flag
    fifa 14
    outlast and the other free psn+ games.

Apprentice

Luckily, I preordered my PS4 from Amazon and Watch Dogs through Best Buy because of a good deal. So I know I'll still get my system on launch day, it'll just be weird not having a game to go with it. Maybe a good reason to give F2P a try and the Drive Club+ edition a try. I really don't feel like spending more money and getting KZ right now.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    well it good news for me. i will save some money and will spend then on Tearaway

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    If it's April at the earliest, don't bet against a release in the Summer 'draught'. Install base of the consoles will be significantly larger, (especially the PS4, considering if people wanted one now they'd have to wait 'til the New Year anyway, like me, I think!). Yep, it sucks but be mindful that amongst other reasons Watch Dogs is delayed to ensure quality, so rather than a half-baked piece of dross we can get somethin' a whole lot better!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I got the Dedsec edition pre ordered pretty cheap so going to hold out.

Egg on Face springs to mind, 2 months was never going to be long enough:
    Attached Images

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod

Wow. That is a huge headache for not only Sony, but many who preordered them. Watchdogs especially. I was waiting on the crew as well, but seeing as there wasn't a definite release date makes it less painful. But watchdogs is due out in less than a month and that's just a huge slap in the face to gamers who were really hyped for this game, such as myself.

Oh well, I was beginning to fall out of love with this game anyway, so it truly won't be missed so much and I will be heading up to Gamestop to cancel/switch my preorder as soon as I'm off for the day.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Great! The only game I had preordered delayed!

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

PSU Live Streamer
    For a game that had an major wow factor the first day it was shown....its been nothing but let down after let down since. And this news is very tragic indeed for this title. It went from being my most anticipated game, to I could care less if it ever comes out.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

11. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    For a game that had an major wow factor the first day it was shown....its been nothing but let down after let down since. And this news is very tragic indeed for this title. It went from being my most anticipated game, to I could care less if it ever comes out.
    That's exactly how I feel.
    They showed this game well over a year ago and now it's gonna be almost 2 years from its reveal to release.
    I was already becoming over this tile, now I'm I am for sure.
    I was looking forward to this more than AC4 too. Oh well.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The biggest problem I'm faced with is the fact that I got 18 months no interest for my Best buy purchase with my PS4 and watch dogs. Now if I cancel the watch dogs preorder i will lose that. Guess I'm going to have to call them and see if I can transfer the preorder so I don't lose the promotion.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Well, Im glad I ended up preordering AC4 then. I was hoping to have some kind of open world game at launch with Killzone.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Well, Im glad I ended up preordering AC4 then. I was hoping to have some kind of open world game at launch with Killzone.
    Exact reason I preordered Watch Dogs. I get the most of my money out of open world games. Now I guess I'm going to have to get a shooter. Probably KZ.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Yeah I was only going to rent those two games anyway. If the extra development time makes them better games when they release then so be it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Kinda sucks but I guess DriveClub or another game will take its place. No biggie.

'Next Man Up' as Ozzie says.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I also want an open, in-depth single-player game at launch. I was starting to get kind of excited for this game too.

Assassin's Creed IV looks good, but it's still Assassin's Creed. Hell, I received Revelations as a gift, but stopped playing after 30 minutes and returned it because I was so sick of the series.

It's looking like Killzone and NBA2K14 right now...

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yeah I was only going to rent those two games anyway. If the extra development time makes them better games when they release then so be it.
    Yea, I'll still play it. All I'm sayin is my watch dogs hype train derailed long ago. Now it's just another game I'll play rather than a game I'm so hyped for I can't stop looking for more info on it. Ubisoft is one of my fav devs and I'm sure the game won't disappoint me once I have it....

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Assassin's Creed IV looks good, but it's still Assassin's Creed.
    I have a feeling AC4 will surprise people. It's going to be the first true AC open world title and it's getting help from the FarCry3 dev team. If you like AC at all, and if you liked FC3 at all...well lets just say its a match made in heaven for me.
    Last edited by shepard; 10-15-2013 at 20:36.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I also want an open, in-depth single-player game at launch. I was starting to get kind of excited for this game too.

Assassin's Creed IV looks good, but it's still Assassin's Creed. Hell, I received Revelations as a gift, but stopped playing after 30 minutes and returned it because I was so sick of the series.

Just an FYI, Revelations is the weakest of the series. Im a long time fan of the series and even I was bored out of my skull with that game. I had to literally FORCE myself to beat the damn thing, and I usually beat the games and play around in the open world a bit.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Just an FYI, Revelations is the weakest of the series. Im a long time fan of the series and even I was bored out of my skull with that game. I had to literally FORCE myself to beat the damn thing, and I usually beat the games and play around in the open world a bit.
    I always like AC for the first couple hours and then ask myself why do I even bother. Hopefully. 4 will be better but I'm not holding my breath. They just don't get it done for me anymore.

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I always said the last AC I enjoyed was AC2. After that I got bored of it easy after a few hours. I didn't even buy AC Revelations and AC3 but I watched a majority of AC3 online and I was glad I didn't buy it. I'm hoping ACIV is better.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Who here pre-ordered the console bundle on amazon?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron

InFamous,
    maybe?

EDIT: Forgot it's not a launch title!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I'm still not buying AC. That game just doesn't look fun in the least. I don't like AC games anyway.

So this is a big blow for me....now all I have is KZ and hell, I don't even know what else is out there. I guess....Knack?

Thread Information