Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Superior Member
    I guess I'm in the minority. I loved all the Assassins Creed games and can't wait for AC4 lol. I also laugh at everyone hating on AC but also really upset about not getting Watchdogs. It looks like the EXACT SAME game set in a different time period. Instead of using a hidden dagger, you use your phone. Assassins Creed Hacker! (and yes I am excited for Watchdogs too)

PS4 will still come with Killzone: SF, AC4, Drive Club, and Rezogun for me.

I might get Battlefield 4, but I think I would rather buy that for PC once I upgrade it next year or so.

And if those games don't last me, I still have a VERY healthy backlog of current gen titles I need to complete.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Really poor line up .....has made me rethink buying this at launch now and getting an xb1 day, i got no desire to play any other game other than kZ, all the other exclusives are poor at best......ac4 could be summit i may enjoy, but i havent liked a AC game since the 1st one

$#@! you ubisoft

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Shame was one on my release day games but never mind, will still have Fifa 14, AC4 and COD: Ghosts to play on so it's not all bad!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Don't Starve is free for PS+ members and is one of the best games I've played. Still play it on PC so I hope people give it a shot as well
    Serious? Ive wanted that game for ages.. how could I forget or not even know that.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    We will see if people will want them come next year
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    And people wonder why I wont be buying a new console till next year sometime....
    I do understand that and I usually wait myself, but the main reason I decided to get a launch console was because of Infamous: Second Son. I know its not scheduled to come out until Spring/Summer of 2014 but I wanted to have everything applied and setup before the game comes. I figured this was a start, meaning, buying a new TV, Surround Sound System, entertainment center, etc. So I figured this game, Watch_Dogs, would hold me over for some time.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    We're all too pissed about the delay we didn't even care to wonder why was it delayed? Is there an answer to it?
    A few reasons, presumably: competition (one of their own games, mind), disruptions, issues of quality and probably other unforeseen consequences. Ah well, it'll only make the game better in any case!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

8. Likes daLa likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Don't Starve is free for PS+ members and is one of the best games I've played. Still play it on PC so I hope people give it a shot as well
    Woops! Added it to the list...

-Warframe
    -War Thunder
    -Blacklight: Retribution
    -DC Universe Online
    -Resogun (PS+)
    -DriveClub (PS+)
    -Don't Starve (PS+)

Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    I also laugh at everyone hating on AC but also really upset about not getting Watchdogs. It looks like the EXACT SAME game set in a different time period. Instead of using a hidden dagger, you use your phone. Assassins Creed Hacker! (and yes I am excited for Watchdogs too)
    It may use the same general template as Assassin's Creed and Far Cry, but at least you're not doing the same specific actions we've been doing in Assassin's Creed. You're not wearing that same assassin outfit, you're not climbing view points, you're not hearing the same sound effects, you're not doing the same exact type of combat, etc. Most of those little things that make you sick of a series are different in Watch Dogs.

That's part of the reason why it's hard for me to get excited for AC4, despite that it looks like a quality game. It's the sixth main game in the series in seven years. I'm watching the gameplay videos and I'm just sick of all those little things I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    I do understand that and I usually wait myself, but the main reason I decided to get a launch console was because of Infamous: Second Son. I know its not scheduled to come out until Spring/Summer of 2014
    I have good newz. It's due in February.

PSU Live Streamer
    We're all too pissed about the delay we didn't even care to wonder why was it delayed? Is there an answer to it?
    Theres a chance it was too buggy. Usually a month out of release is when a game is tested by QA teams and if it passes....it goes gold (ready for print). I didn't hear of that happening. So maybe it failed the QA.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

11. Likes daLa likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    GAF Insider update:

So my source says the reason is that scores came back from testers and they weren't good. So they're going back to polish the game some more. That's it, not really exciting.
    Internal testers. On their scoring system 1-5, most were coming back in the 2-3's.

So it seems Ubisoft is telling the truth. Watch Dogs just wasn't good enough yet.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    At the end of the day I believe they done the right thing by delaying it. It might end up even better than what we originally hoped it would be.

Elite Member
    Not happy about the delay of watch dogs I was looking forward to its release with my PS4 now I have no intention of buying anything good because watch dogs for me was my first game to get while the likes of KZ an Infamous can wait now the line up isn't all that great im low on choice now because I don't want to go buying Ghosts for the sake of it. not intrested in Destiny at all an driving games bore me apart from F1. with the Crew also delayed I aint worried about that game 1 bit It didn't impress me, now Watch Dogs looks like it isn't going to fly off the shelves now with the delay if it was launched with PS4/XBO it could been a different matter.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    This is asinine, thank god GTA V exists and is here. Its 1 month before the supposed release and they pull this? These devs just keep on with the delay game. I was sort of looking forward to this to break up the GTA V play but now that's gone. Its the same move that Rockstar pulled out in January, a $#@! move. Well they'll regret this at some point, its just too tampering for Watch Dogs. Missed Christmas, far after next gen launch, made way for GTA V to easily get GOTY...now it shouldn't be a decision at all. All that advertising for November and such is going to hurt now, not like GTA V where there was no set date when delayed.

There was as you can read above my post about the testing results. I think though it won't be as it seems, probably will still have 1000 bugs and glitches like GTA V even after all that extra time. I think it was a mistake, a big one.

Ultimate Veteran
    Well, I was only really interested in the new inFAMOUS which is coming out next year anyway. I don't care for Watch Dogs but The Crew sounds like a more ambitious next-gen title from Ubisoft.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Apprentice

PSN ID
    jrp0024
    So my amazon bundle was changed to the launch edition but it is still the same price as if it came with Watch Dogs. If it doesn't change i might cancel my pre order.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by jrp0024 View Post
    So my amazon bundle was changed to the launch edition but it is still the same price as if it came with Watch Dogs. If it doesn't change i might cancel my pre order.
    Didn't you get an email about being able to change it to another bundle? I did it this morning with Amazon UK, so am getting Killzone instead of Watch Dogs, same price, launch day... it's all sorted.

Also, looked for alternatives to Watch Dogs and have settled on Lego Marvel Superheroes, it's been a while since I've bought a nice game so this might be a blessing in disguise.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

PSU Live Streamer
    Rather than jump to drastic action, maybe you should call them?

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Veteran
    Well even if the reviews came back as bad, they still caught it in the butt because I don't know if you read about it but Ubisoft shares fell down when they announced the delay.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...shares-falling

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    I would also suggest calling before cancelling outright.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    jrp0024
    Nevermind got an e-mail this morning. Price was reduced to the original price of $400. I'm happy now lol

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Slow day at work, I just put a pre-order down on WD at Amazon to kill time. Too bad it only took about a minute

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Really?
    I would rather pay $60 extra than not get a PS4 at launch.
    But that's just me. I'm so fluckin' excited about this it's ridiculous!
    I can't wait any longer it's driving me crazy! It feels like it's been years since I preordered.
    Just two weeks away! So close!

25. Likes Hermes likes this post
    Apprentice

i'm not disappointed. i expect a better game now. it's like having to wait longer for dinner when you're hungry. you get more hungry and it tastes better when you get it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Really?
    I would rather pay $60 extra than not get a PS4 at launch.
    But that's just me. I'm so fluckin' excited about this it's ridiculous!

I can't wait any longer it's driving me crazy! It feels like it's been years since I preordered.
    Just two weeks away! So close!
    +1

People are taking the "Cancel my preorder" to great lengths. Just get the console, enjoy, and stop complaining!

Thread Information