Latest PSU headlines:

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 284
  1. #226
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,373
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    30,480 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    People keep going on about it guys as most of us dont want the extra cost of the kinect, most of us would never use. Granted it wasnt the OP topic

    Either way, im still torn on which console to get 1st now!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  2. #227
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,843 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Constantly $#@!ing about it on a PlayStation site isn't gonna change Microsoft's mind. You guys aren't happy about it.... we get it....now can we finally move past it?
    If your intention was to move past it, then you shouldn't have taken a part of it. As long as there's room to discuss then there's an opportunity to post. You're more than free to not respond to it. That's really all there is to it.

  3. Likes mistercrow, Shingo likes this post
  4. #228
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    No.. the point of my post was that this issue of including kinect has been discussed to death in numerous threads on multiple occasions. This thread's OP had nothing to do with if kinect should be forced on us or not.....yet people keep bringing it into threads. Nobody's minds have been changed on either side so what's the point? Hence the term BEATING A DEAD HORSE.

    Constantly $#@!ing about it on a PlayStation site isn't gonna change Microsoft's mind. You guys aren't happy about it.... we get it....now can we finally move past it?



    Most visions that are bold in electronics has the consumer having to pay for it. I didn't feel I needed Blu-Ray or built-in wi-fi for the PS3, but that was Sony's VISION for their console and we had to pay more for the console as a result. That gives me three choices..... man up and buy it now, wait a few years until the price drops or don't buy the console at all.

    Unless Microsoft changes something soon, those will be the same choices people will have with Xbox One.

    I mean.... I could $#@! about how Sony could have still given me a next-gen gaming experience at a $299-$349 price instead of $399 if it had not gone with GDDR5 and a higher level GPU. BUT... that was their vision. Considering we are 7 years later and tech has progressed quite a bit, even a lower tech PS4 would have blown away a 7 year old PS3 console. So was it really needed? Sony's vision said so...hence why it's not a $299-$349 console.

    The gist of it is.... if we are looking for a reason to not buy a console, we can always find a reason not to..... be it a Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony console. There are arguments that can be made against all three. But people's bias will cause people to minimize arguments against their console of choice.....also known as rationalization.
    I'm talking about a peripheral, an add-on, that INCREASED THE PRICE of the console. It's not anywhere near the same as using GDDR5, higher level GPU. smh Jesus. "Here's the console we're making, and the best we could put in it for $399. Oh yeah, here's an extra peripheral for $100 more.. in the box." That's the Xbox One.

    I've already paid for it. I'm not looking for any reason to NOT buy a console. I don't have any bias to try and "rationalize" my dislike that I'm having to pay $100 for a peripheral that I'm not interested in just so I can enjoy the things about the Xbox One that I am interested in.

    You can move past it at any time. There isn't any requirement to even look at this thread.




  5. Likes mistercrow, Two4DaMoney likes this post
  6. #229
    Superior Member
    GreatSpaceKoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    845
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    10,467 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    People keep going on about it guys as most of us dont want the extra cost of the kinect, most of us would never use. Granted it wasnt the OP topic

    Either way, im still torn on which console to get 1st now!
    Flip a coin!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    If your intention was to move past it, then you shouldn't have taken a part of it. As long as there's room to discuss then there's an opportunity to post. You're more than free to not respond to it. That's really all there is to it.
    Using that logic, people can troll all day long......you're more than free to not respond to it. That's really all there is to it.

    Name anybody's mind that has been changed as a result of arguing for or against Kinect's inclusion? Ya can't cuz it's not happened..... which is why I've asked people to move on. Otherwise as MOD I suggest you make a sticky thread to $#@! about Kinect's inclusion so the argument doesn't saturate every other thread about it. Ya know what I mean?

  7. #230
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The video in the OP talks about Kinect, so I think talking about Kinect is relevant... I haven't seen Kinect discussions going off hand in every other thread.




  8. #231
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,231
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    31,132 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!


    Why the $#@! do I need it then! Holly $#@! these people are confused

    It's not even a required peripheral any more so it's basically being packaged for the extra cost? C'mon son!

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 10-21-2013 at 14:41.

  9. #232
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,843 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Using that logic, people can troll all day long......you're more than free to not respond to it. That's really all there is to it.
    That's quite the strawman you have there. This is a complete exaggeration of what I've said, and you know it. I'm not going to stop people from discussing related subjects as long as it remains civil. Trolling, however, is an entirely different matter.

    That said, what you're doing here is most certainly off-topic. I don't abide by hypocrites. You can't come in and preach how people are being off-topic (while adding your own bit to the mess), then run off on your own irrelevant and useless tangent. So, for the sake of posting decency, please get back on topic and ignore the discussion concerning the Kinect's inclusion.

  10. #233
    Superior Member
    GreatSpaceKoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    845
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    10,467 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

    Why the $#@! do I need it then! Holly $#@! these people are confused

    It's not even a required peripheral any more so it's basically being packaged for the extra cost? C'mon son!

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Not packaged for the extra cost. Packaged cuz they want you to use it. They aren't confused, they are determined to include it and hope you use it.

    I know that isn't what you want to hear but it is what it is. Unless they decide to make a Kinect-less console in the future....you still have the 3 options I stated earlier.

    As much as people complained about how MS stopped caring about the core gamer and cared about the casual, lack of exclusives at the end of the 360's life, pissed at MS for DRM despite their reversal, pissed at the focus of television at the debut, tired of the same franchises, don't expect them to keep new exclusives coming, don't like the fact it's less powerful than the PS4, don't like the fact it makes you pay for Kinect, it's looks like a VCR, etc etc etc...

    You know what that all means? You ain't missing anything, so there's no reason to get upset. There's no reason to get an Xbox One.....simple as that.

  11. Likes Cuguy likes this post
  12. #234
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,231
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    31,132 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol if they want people to use it then make it mandatory! What are they scared for? As I see it, it's a dead weight that adds 100 dollars more! Especially now that it's not required nor is it mandatory. 1 game at launch is Kinect only, why not package that game with every xb1? At least give people an incentive to plug the Damn thing in on day one!

    Dead weight is dead weight...but now its being forced which is giving the system a premium price. There is no logical explanation why there isn't another sku without kinect

  13. Likes Shingo likes this post
  14. #235
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,301
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,443 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Not packaged for the extra cost. Packaged cuz they want you to use it. They aren't confused, they are determined to include it and hope you use it.

    I know that isn't what you want to hear but it is what it is. Unless they decide to make a Kinect-less console in the future....you still have the 3 options I stated earlier.

    As much as people complained about how MS stopped caring about the core gamer and cared about the casual, lack of exclusives at the end of the 360's life, pissed at MS for DRM despite their reversal, pissed at the focus of television at the debut, tired of the same franchises, don't expect them to keep new exclusives coming, don't like the fact it's less powerful than the PS4, don't like the fact it makes you pay for Kinect, it's looks like a VCR, etc etc etc...

    You know what that all means? You ain't missing anything, so there's no reason to get upset. There's no reason to get an Xbox One.....simple as that.


    I'm missing out on exclusives due to dumb decisions that MS are making with the xbone. Kinect, a non-mandatory item(which MS thinks will make the xbone sell 200+m units), is something I refuse to pay for. Don't blab about "MS wants everyone to use it". If that was true then MS would have made it mandatory in all xbone games.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be


  15. #236
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Not packaged for the extra cost. Packaged cuz they want you to use it. They aren't confused, they are determined to include it and hope you use it.

    I know that isn't what you want to hear but it is what it is. Unless they decide to make a Kinect-less console in the future....you still have the 3 options I stated earlier.

    As much as people complained about how MS stopped caring about the core gamer and cared about the casual, lack of exclusives at the end of the 360's life, pissed at MS for DRM despite their reversal, pissed at the focus of television at the debut, tired of the same franchises, don't expect them to keep new exclusives coming, don't like the fact it's less powerful than the PS4, don't like the fact it makes you pay for Kinect, it's looks like a VCR, etc etc etc...

    You know what that all means? You ain't missing anything, so there's no reason to get upset. There's no reason to get an Xbox One.....simple as that.
    I checked my purchase price for it.. yep, $100 extra bucks. Unless of course you're saying that the price of the console would be $499 w/o kinect included. smh There are plenty of reasons to get the Xbox One, for me anyways. There is also a reason to dislike having to pay for Kinect when I don't have the intention to use it when there won't be any decent games available for quite some time. I don't get what you're at. People can't buy something, but have dislikes about certain things within that purchase?




  16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  17. #237
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol if they want people to use it then make it mandatory! What are they scared for? As I see it, it's a dead weight that adds 100 dollars more! Especially now that it's not required nor is it mandatory. 1 game at launch is Kinect only, why not package that game with every xb1? At least give people an incentive to plug the Damn thing in on day one! Dead weight is dead weight...but now its being forced which is giving the system a premium price. There is no logical explanation why there isn't another sku without kinect
    The logical explanation is that MS has no confidence in their product. They dont feel that Kinect can sell adequately on its own especially with no kind of compelling software for it at launch. By passing the cost onto their customers MS recoups their investment right away with every XBone sold.

  18. #238
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'm missing out on exclusives due to dumb decisions that MS are making with the xbone. Kinect, a non-mandatory item(which MS thinks will make the xbone sell 200+m units), is something I refuse to pay for. Don't blab about "MS wants everyone to use it". If that was true then MS would have made it mandatory in all xbone games.
    Yep, exactly. Lmao@"MS wants everyone to use it." If that were so Kinect would be an integral part of the console and would be a required functionality.

  19. #239
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,843 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If the Kinect was worth owning and desirable as a device, it wouldn't need to be included with every Xbox One. It would sell amply on its own. If this is not the case, then how is this a desirable or consumer-friendly decision on Microsoft's part? They're doing this because they know it wouldn't sell regardless, so they're forcing it on buyers as a sort of long-term investment for themselves.

  20. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  21. #240
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,871
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    38,442 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    If the Kinect was worth owning and desirable as a device, it wouldn't need to be included with every Xbox One. It would sell amply on its own. If this is not the case, then how is this a desirable or consumer-friendly decision on Microsoft's part? They're doing this because they know it wouldn't sell regardless, so they're forcing it on buyers as a sort of long-term investment for themselves.
    This is an interesting point and it makes me think about Occulus Rift. Which conversely has more (gauging by what I read from people) is a product that has a bit more interest in it (read: not making a judgement call here - so hold your horses, please).

    From my understanding, questions regarding developer support and/or price are the only things that are keeping it down?

    Not to turn it to a Rift Vs Kinect thread (which it isn't - so any future attempt at a retort is arguing against a wall ) as I'm merely thinking of something which I've seen to have a bit more excitement - i.e. something as Rapture says, that will/should sell on it's own (barring the aforementioned concerns above that is).

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  22. #241
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    There is a huge difference in putting an extra controller in the box. You didn't say anything about the price of the console soooo...

    If they put the price in there too, and I'd never need a second controller, then I'd be pretty pissed about that too.

    For the "vision" comments.

    If it was their vision, then they wouldn't be hiking the price up for that vision. smh Their vision is "let's make them all pay for it LOL".
    The problem with all of your guys assumptions that its hiking up the price on anything.
    If Sony had launched at $399 with their camera, would we be having this discussion I wonder?
    Of course we wouldn't. You cant "hike" the price on something when you announce a launch price.

    I think you are all some how assuming that competition doesn't exists in the market or something, that people wont sit down lok at both then decide which one they want.

    And for the record I'm not defending MS's price/stance, I just cant see what $#@!ing about will get you.
    Use you wallets to let them know, that's what Ive been telling you guys for some time now.

    In all honesty, if you do that, then by the time I'm ready to buy a next gen console..one may have at least had a price drop
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  23. #242
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,884
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,711 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think you misunderstood the quote you put in bold. It's break even or lose a little. The quote is taken "mid sentence" it seems. What else did he say before that?? No where in that article, or quote, etc., does it say anything about the Xbox One launch margins, etc.
    i'd take "Xbox One will be a break even transaction for Microsoft at the very least" to mean they lose nothing and expect to make a little.

  24. #243
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    If the Kinect was worth owning and desirable as a device, it wouldn't need to be included with every Xbox One. It would sell amply on its own. If this is not the case, then how is this a desirable or consumer-friendly decision on Microsoft's part? They're doing this because they know it wouldn't sell regardless, so they're forcing it on buyers as a sort of long-term investment for themselves.
    It all depends. It could be a desirable device worth owning, but it doesn't mean it will automatically sell. I don't mind the kinect is included in the package.. I may not use it for much gaming outside of voice detection, but others in my house will. It will definitely come in handy. If it's something that people don't want then don't buy the xbox-one. That's the best way for MS to get the point. I can understand why people feel the way that they do, but some are acting like what they're doing is illegal.

  25. #244
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,884
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,711 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Ah yes, the tired "Then don't buy the console" response. It's not even an argument. It fails to evaluate what's actually happening.
    what is actually happening is that MS have offered a box that contains several things and put a price on it.

    if that does not appeal, then don't buy.

    if it was not for Sony wanting to hit a lower price point, i'm sure you would have had no choice in there box not having a camera to make use of that blue light on the joypad.

  26. Likes mynd , Cuguy likes this post
  27. #245
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,884
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    26,711 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It all depends. It could be a desirable device worth owning, but it doesn't mean it will automatically sell. I don't mind the kinect is included in the package.. I may not use it for much gaming outside of voice detection, but others in my house will. It will definitely come in handy.
    the only way to get a big take up in kinect use by devs was to have it come with the system and it may yet surprise me and actually work as described. unlike kinect 1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    If it's something that people don't want then don't buy the xbox-one.
    thats the only answer.

  28. #246
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    what is actually happening is that MS have offered a box that contains several things and put a price on it.

    if that does not appeal, then don't buy.

    if it was not for Sony wanting to hit a lower price point, i'm sure you would have had no choice in there box not having a camera to make use of that blue light on the joypad.
    It's that simple. It's your money, it's their product.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    the only way to get a big take up in kinect use by devs was to have it come with the system and it may yet surprise me and actually work as described. unlike kinect 1
    Yea, I get why MS is going this route. It's not a bad idea. They can always drop the cam later on.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-21-2013 at 20:48.

  29. #247
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    The problem with all of your guys assumptions that its hiking up the price on anything.
    If Sony had launched at $399 with their camera, would we be having this discussion I wonder?
    Of course we wouldn't. You cant "hike" the price on something when you announce a launch price.

    I think you are all some how assuming that competition doesn't exists in the market or something, that people wont sit down lok at both then decide which one they want.

    And for the record I'm not defending MS's price/stance, I just cant see what $#@!ing about will get you.
    Use you wallets to let them know, that's what Ive been telling you guys for some time now.

    In all honesty, if you do that, then by the time I'm ready to buy a next gen console..one may have at least had a price drop
    If Sony had the camera at $399, no, I wouldn't have moaned about it at all. The same if Microsoft had the $399 price with Kinect included. That would at least appear that they aren't putting the price up because Kinect is included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i'd take "Xbox One will be a break even transaction for Microsoft at the very least" to mean they lose nothing and expect to make a little.
    At best they can break even, otherwise they'll be losing money. That is what the quote meant. At the very most they'll break even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's that simple. It's your money, it's their product.
    It isn't as simple as that Sub. Sorry. I want the damn Xbox One. I want the exclusives. Let me ask you... has everything Microsoft has done with the Xbox 360 appeal to you? I mean, everything? Not a single negative opinion about something? The Xbox One does appeal to me in many aspects, but the price of kinect being included doesn't. Yes, I'm freakin' buying it because I want to use the CONSOLE, not Kinect. That means I'm going to say it like it is. I don't LIKE it. The same way I didn't like the HDD proprietary crap on the 360. But guess what.. I BOUGHT THE CONSOLE. goodness.

    Its like you can't have a dislike/negative thought on something you buy.




  30. #248
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,067
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,472 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    If Sony had the camera at $399, no, I wouldn't have moaned about it at all. The same if Microsoft had the $399 price with Kinect included. That would at least appear that they aren't putting the price up because Kinect is included.

    At best they can break even, otherwise they'll be losing money. That is what the quote meant. At the very most they'll break even.

    It isn't as simple as that Sub. Sorry. I want the damn Xbox One. I want the exclusives. Let me ask you... has everything Microsoft has done with the Xbox 360 appeal to you? I mean, everything? Not a single negative opinion about something? The Xbox One does appeal to me in many aspects, but the price of kinect being included doesn't. Yes, I'm freakin' buying it because I want to use the CONSOLE, not Kinect. That means I'm going to say it like it is. I don't LIKE it. The same way I didn't like the HDD proprietary crap on the 360. But guess what.. I BOUGHT THE CONSOLE. goodness.

    Its like you can't have a dislike/negative thought on something you buy.
    Exactly. I WANT to buy the Xbox One. I don't want to buy Kinect. How in the world do some people come off saying I can't complain about that?!
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  31. #249
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    If the Kinect was worth owning and desirable as a device, it wouldn't need to be included with every Xbox One. It would sell amply on its own. If this is not the case,
    Actually it is the case, stop thinking everyone has the same tastes and opinions as you.
    The current version of Kinect sold just fine as a stand alone product, and kinect bundles still sell well.
    You make it sound like the product is leaper material.
    I own a Kinect, do I use it? Occasionally. Does it get used in our house hold, hell yes, a lot.
    Do I regret buying it? Not for a second.
    then how is this a desirable or consumer-friendly decision on Microsoft's part? They're doing this because they know it wouldn't sell regardless, so they're forcing it on buyers as a sort of long-term investment for themselves.
    Again, that's bull$#@! MS had the data regarding what console sells where, if they weren't shifting systems with Kinect, they would not have pursued this option.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  32. #250
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,843 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Exactly. I WANT to buy the Xbox One. I don't want to buy Kinect. How in the world do some people come off saying I can't complain about that?!
    Because it's easier to continue dismissing, ignoring, or misconstruing your opponent's argument and opinion than to acknowledge its validity, apparently.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 10-21-2013 at 21:12.

  33. Likes sainraja , Christopher likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.