Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 11 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Actually it is the case, stop thinking everyone has the same tastes and opinions as you.
    The current version of Kinect sold just fine as a stand alone product, and kinect bundles still sell well.
    You make it sound like the product is leaper material.
    I own a Kinect, do I use it? Occasionally. Does it get used in our house hold, hell yes, a lot.
    Do I regret buying it? Not for a second.

Again, that's bull$#@! MS had the data regarding what console sells where, if they weren't shifting systems with Kinect, they would not have pursued this option.
    I think they know a ton of people want the Xbox One, and that they will buy it regardless of the bs including kinect + price. At least with the 360, you have the option to buy the system, or the system with the kinect.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Exactly. I WANT to buy the Xbox One. I don't want to buy Kinect. How in the world do some people come off saying I can't complain about that?!
    No one is complaining about that, they are taking exception that some how MS is forcing you.
    As I said earlier, desire and want are driven by YOU. YOU are the one who wants it.
    YOU are the on who still wants one despite the price.

I don't find the idea of a next gen console appealing at all at this time. I have more than enough games to continue playing in my library, and some I still need to buy.
    I also don't find any of the games desirable enough to make me warrant the purchase, I can get a lot of what is coming out on these systems for current gen, and your left with a few exclusives on the XBO (even less on the PS4) and hand full of downloadable indie tot.

The really amazing thing to me is, that its the $100 of camera that seems to put people off, not the complete dirge of decent gaming on these consoles.

Check back in with me when Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, The Order 1886, Second Son etc are all out. Maybe my desire for one of these consoles will have be a little more enthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think they know a ton of people want the Xbox One, and that they will buy it regardless of the bs including kinect + price. At least with the 360, you have the option to buy the system, or the system with the kinect.
    And I bet they have the data that show if they do this they will pick a large chunk of both the ones who do want it and don't want it.
    But at the end of the day, if they are going to be selling games with Kinect features in them, they want to be able to go to devs and say this feature will get used.
    Will it really? Who knows, but its the only way to spark devs into taking advantage of something by saying everyone has one.

Sometimes the industry does this, its a way to make a self full filing prophecy. "It's there so you may as well use it".
    It's exactly what Sony did last gen with the Blu-ray. It wasn't needed, and any one who suggest it was is firmly in la la land. But it the actual impact of BR was far worse than Kinect will ever be because adding BR to the player not only hiked the price up but made a hard drive mandatory on every single PS3 available. Was it needed? Nope. Did it add to your gaming experience arguably if developers developed for it, it did. Generally not.
    Is there a difference between it and Kinect 2? Not really, both added a non-core feature to the system, and both were useful for something else not related to gaming.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-21-2013 at 21:23.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim

It isn't as simple as that Sub. Sorry. I want the damn Xbox One. I want the exclusives. Let me ask you... has everything Microsoft has done with the Xbox 360 appeal to you? I mean, everything? Not a single negative opinion about something? The Xbox One does appeal to me in many aspects, but the price of kinect being included doesn't. Yes, I'm freakin' buying it because I want to use the CONSOLE, not Kinect. That means I'm going to say it like it is. I don't LIKE it. The same way I didn't like the HDD proprietary crap on the 360. But guess what.. I BOUGHT THE CONSOLE. goodness.
    There are things that I don't like about console gaming as a whole, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. Even if there are things about it that you don't like, you still bought it, so obviously the same rule applied to you. My comment is directed at those who act like it's against the law for them to sell the thing with kinect. I don't like gamestop or what they do to customers, so I decided not to do business with them. Yes, I voice my opinion, but they still have the right to do what they do. It's not illegal.

So, it is that simple. If you dislike kinect more than the xbox-one, don't buy the console.
    Personally, I'm ok with it because I don't want to own two consoles that are mostly the same. Gaming in my house isn't just about me or what I want.

Its like you can't have a dislike/negative thought on something you buy.
    You have the right to your opinion or thought just as they have the right to sell their product the way they choose. MS sold 80 million consoles and only 25 million Kinects. I think they are well aware that there are more people that don't want kinect included. They obviously see this as being a risk worth taking. There is nothing wrong with that IMO. Sometimes you have to look at the situation from more than just a consumer point of view. It's really no different than any other business decision.

Friendship is Carrots
    Actually it is the case, stop thinking everyone has the same tastes and opinions as you.
    The current version of Kinect sold just fine as a stand alone product, and kinect bundles still sell well.
    You make it sound like the product is leaper material.
    I own a Kinect, do I use it? Occasionally. Does it get used in our house hold, hell yes, a lot.
    Do I regret buying it? Not for a second.
    I think you've misread my open postulation as if I were passing some opinion as a fact. Also, your personal thoughts of the Kinect is irrelevant to anything I've said. We're speaking in general here. (Or, at least, I am)

And the current Kinect did just fine, did it? Well then, I believe Microsoft has even less justification in packing it with every XB1.

Again, that's bull$#@! MS had the data regarding what console sells where, if they weren't shifting systems with Kinect, they would not have pursued this option.
    Presuming they have no ulterior motives, or are misguided, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You have the right to your opinion or thought just as they have the right to sell their product the way they choose.
    Why is this argument continuously being reused? It doesn't even function as a counterpoint -- in fact it has no material to convince whatsoever.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 10-21-2013 at 21:57.

5. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I think you've misread my open postulation as if I were passing some opinion as a fact. Also, your personal thoughts of the Kinect is irrelevant to anything I've said. We're speaking in general here. (Or, at least, I am)
    My point was I don't think you were at all speaking in general terms.

And the current Kinexct just fine, did it? Well then, I believe Microsoft has even less justification in packing it with every XB1.
    Well now you are just being the devils advocate, the product was never offered for the first few years of the 360, so of course it had demand as a standalone product.
    Presuming they have no ulterior motives, or are misguided, of course.

Why is this argument continuously being reused? It doesn't even function as a counterpoint -- in fact it has no material to convince whatsoever.
    MS being misguided is entirely possible, although I think that may extend to some of their policies (no Ill rephrase that, the reception they thought they would get from their policies).

I know a lot of people pint to the fact that "loo you can disconnect it" so it can be a part of the package.
    Well, we all know that was in response to the whole "tin foil hat" thing of them spying on you.
    The fact remains that MS really feels this adds to the system beyond what a simple motion controller does, and they feel it gives them more appeal, not less.
    Will they give a dam if you don't buy it? Not if 3 other do buy it for the Kinect features.
    Will this happen? $#@! i aint got a crystal ball.

I will say this, a similar argument was put up in regards to PSN/XBL fees this gen, why pay for it when you don't have to?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post

I say the same thing about the whole situation. Why is the point of kinect being included being reused. The only way people can get screwed is that they are forced to buy it. At the end of the day it's still comes down to choices.

I will say this, a similar argument was put up in regards to PSN/XBL fees this gen, why pay for it when you don't have to?
    Exactly my thoughts but i didn't want to bring that up.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    No one is complaining about that, they are taking exception that some how MS is forcing you.
    As I said earlier, desire and want are driven by YOU. YOU are the one who wants it.
    YOU are the on who still wants one despite the price.

I don't find the idea of a next gen console appealing at all at this time. I have more than enough games to continue playing in my library, and some I still need to buy.
    I also don't find any of the games desirable enough to make me warrant the purchase, I can get a lot of what is coming out on these systems for current gen, and your left with a few exclusives on the XBO (even less on the PS4) and hand full of downloadable indie tot.

The really amazing thing to me is, that its the $100 of camera that seems to put people off, not the complete dirge of decent gaming on these consoles.

Check back in with me when Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, The Order 1886, Second Son etc are all out. Maybe my desire for one of these consoles will have be a little more enthusiastic.

And I bet they have the data that show if they do this they will pick a large chunk of both the ones who do want it and don't want it.
    But at the end of the day, if they are going to be selling games with Kinect features in them, they want to be able to go to devs and say this feature will get used.
    Will it really? Who knows, but its the only way to spark devs into taking advantage of something by saying everyone has one.

Sometimes the industry does this, its a way to make a self full filing prophecy. "It's there so you may as well use it".
    It's exactly what Sony did last gen with the Blu-ray. It wasn't needed, and any one who suggest it was is firmly in la la land. But it the actual impact of BR was far worse than Kinect will ever be because adding BR to the player not only hiked the price up but made a hard drive mandatory on every single PS3 available. Was it needed? Nope. Did it add to your gaming experience arguably if developers developed for it, it did. Generally not.
    Is there a difference between it and Kinect 2? Not really, both added a non-core feature to the system, and both were useful for something else not related to gaming.
    26 million units sold can't even spark devs with Kinect. Let's see how that goes with the Kinect 2. I bet it will be much the same. A few games here and there, but overall, nothing relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There are things that I don't like about console gaming as a whole, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. Even if there are things about it that you don't like, you still bought it, so obviously the same rule applied to you. My comment is directed at those who act like it's against the law for them to sell the thing with kinect. I don't like gamestop or what they do to customers, so I decided not to do business with them. Yes, I voice my opinion, but they still have the right to do what they do. It's not illegal.

So, it is that simple. If you dislike kinect more than the xbox-one, don't buy the console.
    Personally, I'm ok with it because I don't want to own two consoles that are mostly the same. Gaming in my house isn't just about me or what I want.

You have the right to your opinion or thought just as they have the right to sell their product the way they choose. MS sold 80 million consoles and only 25 million Kinects. I think they are well aware that there are more people that don't want kinect included. They obviously see this as being a risk worth taking. There is nothing wrong with that IMO. Sometimes you have to look at the situation from more than just a consumer point of view. It's really no different than any other business decision.
    Of course it's a risk worth taking. It's not really costing them much to include the Kinect with the system since we have to pay for that too. The ones that buy it, like me, will overshadow the loss of people not buying it. Since we buy games, accessories, dlc, etc. Not much of a risk involved here.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'll buy a used xbone down the line if ms doesn't take them out in future sku. And I'll buy used xbone exclusives(the only thing I want a xbone for). I'll be giving that money to gamestop and ebay sellers instead of MS.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

10. Likes dondidit, F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'll buy a used xbone down the line if ms doesn't take them out in future sku. And I'll buy used xbone exclusives(the only thing I want a xbone for). I'll be giving that money to gamestop and ebay sellers instead of MS.
    I'm not that patient lol.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    26 million units sold can't even spark devs with Kinect. Let's see how that goes with the Kinect 2. I bet it will be much the same. A few games here and there, but overall, nothing relevant.
    To the "core"? Sure.

127 games would suggest someone is buying Kinect games somewhere.

Look I don't even find the Kinect features relevant to the core at all, I doubt I ever will, but the IR blaster, the VR, yeah I'm sure as $#@! going to use those.

As a gaming device, I'm sure my kids will play the hell out of whatever popcorn games come along, but I totally understand that its not relevant to core games.

If they haven't improved the VR, and they hadn't included the IR, I don't think it would have any value by simply being a better version of the motion control on the 360.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    I hope to Christ that every salesperson in every store selling the xb1 doesnt have the attitude of "yeah the kinect makes it $100 more expensive than the PS4, if you dont want the kinect tough $#@! dont buy the xb1!"

Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    I hope to Christ that every salesperson in every store selling the xb1 doesnt have the attitude of "yeah the kinect makes it $100 more expensive than the PS4, if you dont want the kinect tough $#@! dont buy the xb1!"
    A good friend of mine works at a gamestop and he said that a lot of people that are huge 360 fans won't pre-order the xbox one due to kinect being included. I was there one night when they did exactly what mynd has talked about.. the positives of Kinect. Unfortunately for him, I think he only got a few pre-orders.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Thats exactly what MS is telling consumers right now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats exactly what MS is telling consumers right now.
    I thought they were saying get the X360, no?

Actually it's that or they're touting its value - good message for those already sold or inclined to be sold. But what do they say who to those that aren't or those not at all interested?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I thought they were saying get the X360, no?
    That was said in response to the DRM and 24hr online check ins not Kinect.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    That was said in response to the DRM and 24hr online check ins not Kinect.
    Right. I remember now.

I think I remember something along the lines of Kinect is part of the console - as the message? Lemme look for it.

EDIT:

Here we go:
    http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsof...parate-systems

Not the original place I read it - but the same thing as the place where I read it from.
    Last edited by Admartian; 10-21-2013 at 23:12.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Meh, Ill buy a new games console when I think it has value in the games I can play on it.
    What I have to buy to buy play those games, doesn't particularly upset me either way.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Most visions that are bold in electronics has the consumer having to pay for it. I didn't feel I needed Blu-Ray or built-in wi-fi for the PS3, but that was Sony's VISION for their console and we had to pay more for the console as a result. That gives me three choices..... man up and buy it now, wait a few years until the price drops or don't buy the console at all.
    That was a horrible vision and it nearly destroyed their gaming division. Note: not speaking about wifi...that wasn't a vision, that's just nice to have.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Meh, Ill buy a new games console when I think it has value in the games I can play on it.
    What I have to buy to buy play those games, doesn't particularly upset me either way.
    I wish I could have that mentality.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Right. I remember now. I think I remember something along the lines of Kinect is part of the console - as the message? Lemme look for it. EDIT: Here we go: http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsof...parate-systems Not the original place I read it - but the same thing as the place where I read it from.
    But now we know they ARE "separate systems" because MS themselves said you dont even need to plug it in. So its not an integral part of the console like MS initially suggested.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-21-2013 at 23:37.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    But now we know they ARE "separate systems" because MS themselves said you dont even need to plug it in.
    I think that was put out after that reversal. So IIRC, this is MS' message justifying the Kinect regardless of it being required to play or not.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I wish I could have that mentality.
    That's cause you buy every thing mate.
    I'll buy one, it will be a considered purchase and it will be based on the whole package as it applies to me and my family.
    Right now I wouldn't buy either. There isn't enough for me to make my mind up on either system.
    I don think, if you put you love of shiny things aside, you'd probably buy them either.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    That's cause you buy every thing mate.
    I'll buy one, it will be a considered purchase and it will be based on the whole package as it applies to me and my family.
    Right now I wouldn't buy either. There isn't enough for me to make my mind up on either system.
    I don think, if you put you love of shiny things aside, you'd probably buy them either.
    Yeah, I do have a problem buying everything lol. Screw all that decision making crap.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    It doesn't matter. Either way MS has made a sell. In order for it to be considered used it had to be bought by someone. I don't think they care who's money it is.

same here. If this was just about me I would buy both at launch but instead it's 2 xbox-ones because I'm the only one who plays playstation in my house.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-22-2013 at 00:02.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I think that was put out after that reversal. So IIRC, this is MS' message justifying the Kinect regardless of it being required to play or not.
    Oh yeah I agree. I was intitially commenting on the 360 thing.

Thread Information