Latest PSU headlines:

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 212
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    That's cause you buy every thing mate.
    that's not it at all lol. i'd think he was more chill cause he had options. think about people like myself that just cannot get used to other platforms. that would ****ing suck for me and yes i would be ****ing pissed off. in your country, it would be known as, "taking the piss mate".

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It doesn't matter. Either way MS has made a sell. In order for it to be considered used it had to be bought by someone. I don't think they care who's money it is.

same here. If this was just about me I would buy both at launch but instead it's 2 xbox-ones because I'm the only one who plays playstation in my house.
    Two sales are better than one. If they didn't care about the money, then they'd surely not be making more and more systems.

Super Elite
    The thing is Microsoft are too big to even care what the gamer wants and thinks, it was only becuase there was mass outrage they reversed the DRM changes. This is how out of touch they are with the gamer.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Two sales are better than one. If they didn't care about the money, then they'd surely not be making more and more systems.
    They care about money. A used sale is is just that. They don't make all the money back from just the console anyway. If a person buys a used xbox it's still good for them. That increases the chance of them buying a game or subscribing to a service. MS could easily resell their console cheaper than places like gamestop but they don't need to. We all know how gamestop got to where they are now.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    They care about money. A used sale is is just that. They don't make all the money back from just the console anyway. If a person buys a used xbox it's still good for them. That increases the chance of them buying a game or subscribing to a service. MS could easily resell their console cheaper than places like gamestop but they don't need to. We all know how gamestop got to where they are now.
    Hopefully they will compete by having competitive digital pricing based on demand for the game and how long it's been out, keeping parity at or below the used disc price.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Hopefully they will compete by having competitive digital pricing based on demand for the game and how long it's been out, keeping parity at or below the used disc price.
    Digital games are gamestop's worst nightmare. That would put an end to them ripping off people.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Digital games on consoles aren't getting any cheaper. Gamestop doesn't have to worry about that. Also, gamestop lets you bring in those used games and get credit for them, and you buy more games... meh. Microsoft/Sony, they aren't touching it. They don't want to invest in that market. That's why their digital prices suck ass right now.

And Gamestop doesn't rip a single person off any more than Microsoft and Sony does.

8. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Digital games on consoles aren't getting any cheaper. Gamestop doesn't have to worry about that. Also, gamestop lets you bring in those used games and get credit for them, and you buy more games... meh. Microsoft/Sony, they aren't touching it. They don't want to invest in that market. That's why their digital prices suck ass right now.

And Gamestop doesn't rip a single person off any more than Microsoft and Sony does.
    This is true.

When MS/Sony make digital games way cheaper, then they still have a place. Especially since people can still trade in games, and significantly reduce the price compared to digital prices.

Honestly, if they want people to jump DD, they NEED​ to do this - and it can't be some BS $10 difference either.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Digital games on consoles aren't getting any cheaper. Gamestop doesn't have to worry about that. Also, gamestop lets you bring in those used games and get credit for them, and you buy more games... meh. Microsoft/Sony, they aren't touching it. They don't want to invest in that market. That's why their digital prices suck ass right now. And Gamestop doesn't rip a single person off any more than Microsoft and Sony does.
    Very true. Some of the prices on PSN and Live are just plain ridiculous. So much for theory of going DD will make games cheaper. MS and Sony must not have got the memo.

Thread Information