Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation

Royal Mail Strike Day Before Ghosts Launch

Just a heads up to anyone in the UK who has ordered Call of Duty Ghosts online and are expecting their game to be delivered by Royal Mail.

You may not actually get the game on release and the backlog could cause further delay.

In this situation it would probably be best that you cancel your order and get it ordered in store in person.

Royal Mail are getting set to strike on November 4. Now you may think to yourself what has this got to do with gaming, well...

Looking at our release schedule perhaps one of the biggest games of the year is set to release on Tuesday November 5 - Call of Duty Ghosts!

Obviously ShopTo are not currently stocking this game due to reasons we have talked about before, but this strike could potentially affect millions of gamers who will be waiting on the game to arrive.

We are sure Activision will take the strike into consideration, however when Royal Mail goes on strike at one of the busiest times of the year, that means backlogs, so if the game doesn't hit doorsteps before the strike then it could potentially be delayed for longer than gamers would desire.

Is this bad news for you? What's should Activision do?

http://www.shopto.net/news/44381/Roy...is-significant
    Last edited by EHY893; 10-16-2013 at 17:18.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    WTF, thanks for posting this. I have mine pre-ordered from amazon @ 35, every other year ive went to a midnight launch for it but as it was alot cheaper on amazon I tried it there this time. Not sure what I will do now. Might have to cancel. Will wait to see what amazon say about it. They might use a different courier for that day.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I had a Hardened Edition ordered online and cancelled it today due to this. I'm going to get it in person from GAME or something now even though I'd have preferred to shop online like I normally would.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    +1 to digital distribution

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    +1 to digital distribution
    Would be funny if the isp workers went on strike as well.

Thread Information