Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Oh its not debunked, PS4 SDKS's are PC's. Its just not all that interesting, in development games running in development environment shouldn't shock anyone. As for Forza, it is in a sense, but then again, it is a lot to port the old code across without loosing out on what makes Forza, forza. Still a lot of work involved, and in some sense, more work than making a completely new thing for scratch. Still, if they announce Forza Horizon 2 anytime soon and I may be very interested.
    Whatever, I'm sure both systems games were running on development kits and not retail units. As for Turn 10 porting old code rather than making a proper next gen engine is just lazy or its rushing it out to make it a launch title. Either way the end result is still Forza 4.5.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-16-2013 at 22:19.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    It was debunked last I heard. As for Forza porting old code rather than making a proper next gen engine is just lazy or its rushing it out to make it a launch title. Either way its still Forza 4.5.
    What was debunked that the games were running on PC's? Of course they were.
    Yoshi even confirmed they weren't running on retail kits, why the hell would in development game be running on retail kits anyway? They were running on PC's. Not you avergae PC, but rather a PC that had a special mainboard with a PS4 APU and GDDR ram.
    Still ran on Windows 7 though, cause that's the SDK environment.

As for Forza, its not lazy, every version has built on previous versions code, scrapping the entire engine makes no sense.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    What was debunked that the games were running on PC's? Of course they were. Yoshi even confirmed they weren't running on retail kits, why the hell would in development game be running on retail kits anyway? They were running on PC's. Not you avergae PC, but rather a PC that had a special mainboard with a PS4 APU and GDDR ram. Still ran on Windows 7 though, cause that's the SDK environment. As for Forza, its not lazy, every version has built on previous versions code, scrapping the entire engine makes no sense.
    Try reading my post above yours. As for Forza you just confirmed my point. And thats why each Forza has only looked marginally better than the other.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Try reading my post above yours. As for Forza you just confirmed my point. And thats why each Forza has only looked marginally better than the other.

Oh you sneaky stealth editor

At Forza, tis the way of code development, least you get stuck in development hell, there is something to be said about slight improvements, I haven't seen it in the flesh so I cant compare how big those improvements are this time around, but yes, it's certainly never going to be as big a jump as if they spent another two years making it.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Oh you sneaky stealth editor At Forza, tis the way of code development, least you get stuck in development hell, there is something to be said about slight improvements, I haven't seen it in the flesh so I cant compare how big those improvements are this time around, but yes, it's certainly never going to be as big a jump as if they spent another two years making it.
    If I was an X1 owner I would just rather have seen Turn 10 make a proper next gen engine and do day/night cycles even if that means releasing later instead of rushing out an only marginally better looking game and without day/night cycles or even weather. No excuse for a next gen sim racer not to have that.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    If I was an X1 owner I would just rather have seen Turn 10 make a proper next gen engine and do day/night cycles even if that means releasing later instead of rushing out an only marginally better looking game and without day/night cycles or even weather. No excuse for a next gen sim racer not to have that.
    How many launch day racers have a day night cyle?

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    EDIT: Not worth it...
    Last edited by PS4THEWIN; 10-16-2013 at 22:48.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Let's please not turn this into yet another DC vs Forza thread.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 10-16-2013 at 22:39.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    On the plus side, with Watch Dog's and DC delayed to 2014, along with everything else previously going to be launched that year, it's going to be a kick-ass year in gaming.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Let's please not turn this into yet another DC vs Forza thread.
    Not really a DC vs Forza thing more of a delay vs features thing.
    I think we can all agree the more a game is in production the more features it will likely have...

Unless its Duke Nukem...or Colonial Marines..

Ahem...

I think we can all agree that for most games, the more a game is in production the more features it will likely have...

11. Likes PS4freak , FireSol , PS4THEWIN wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Still, if they announce Forza Horizon 2 anytime soon and I may be very interested.
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Forza Horizon is possibly the best racing game I've ever played. If not, it's at least the best since NFS:MW.

Are Playground Games own by MS? As I'd be all over another racer developed by them.

On Topic: Shut your face! You shut your face right now!

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Ancient
    Myself is uneffected by this if true.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Myself is uneffected by this if true.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
    Me too.....if BF4 and Resogun are delayed, now that would be a different story altogether!
    PSN = prison_inmate

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Well I can live without DriveClub for a while as I'll be playing more than enough F2P games to keep me busy until its release anyway but still I was looking forward to it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Not really a DC vs Forza thing more of a delay vs features thing.
    I think we can all agree the more a game is in production the more features it will likely have...

Unless its Duke Nukem...or Colonial Marines..

Ahem...

I think we can all agree that for most games, the more a game is in production the more features it will likely have...
    Oh i know. I had no problem with the conversation. It was very civil. All it takes is one person to not like what is said and wildfire. Don't misunderstand my intentions. I'm just trying to futureproof the thread from turning into a battle royale. Stay classy!

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    How many launch day racers have a day night cyle?
    Drive Club for one (unless the delay rumor is true) and NFS Rivals which has day/night cycles AND dynamic weather. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...the-Wheel.html and looking at the hardware and ease of development of both systems it should be easily done.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-16-2013 at 23:20.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Drive Club for one (unless the delay rumor is true) and NFS Rivals which has day/night cycles AND dynamic weather. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...the-Wheel.html and looking at the hardware and ease of development of both systems it should be easily done.
    K

Superior Member

Why is Drive Club in all the launch commercials on National TV during Baseball Divisional Series and MNF and Sunday Football if it is being delayed? I can understand if it needs to be done....but I don't see why you would then invest so much advertising with it if that was the case....sorry..until I hear officially from Sony...this game gets launched in some shape or form.

Master Sage
    I was skeptical at first cause who is this website?
    But it seems famousmortimer from Gaf is getting behind this rumour.
    If true I wonder what game Sony will put on PS+ in it's place!?

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I'm glad i decided to wait til next year for ps4 if this turns out to be true. It really hurts the exclusive lineup. First it was Kinect sports and Watch dogs, and now this one.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Kick in the balls for Sony if true. I'm a huge Sony fan but anyone saying forza 5 looks more like 4.5 is blind in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Kick in the balls for Sony if true. I'm a huge Sony fan but anyone saying forza 5 looks more like 4.5 is blind in my opinion. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Looking at the Alps and Laguna Seca videos Forza 5 does not look like a generational leap to me. Plus no day/night cycle or weather. Yeah, Forza 4.5.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    What was debunked that the games were running on PC's? Of course they were.
    Yoshi even confirmed they weren't running on retail kits, why the hell would in development game be running on retail kits anyway? They were running on PC's. Not you avergae PC, but rather a PC that had a special mainboard with a PS4 APU and GDDR ram.
    Still ran on Windows 7 though, cause that's the SDK environment.

As for Forza, its not lazy, every version has built on previous versions code, scrapping the entire engine makes no sense.
    I seem to remember in one of his past keynotes at Quakecon Carmack said he scrapped most of the code for idtech4 to create idtech5. It took ages and he said he will not do it again.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    So now I'm 2 games down for Launch week counting Watchdogs. These delays are getting out of hand! For Christ's sake it's less than a month away from release!! With Watchdogs being pulled from the Launch title list, and The Crew being pulled from Launch Window list was already painful enough, but this is just complete BS. I, for on,e am not so much affected since I wasn't purchasing the game. But I was getting the PS Plus version, and this is a kick in the balls to not only the company and it's products image, but the fans of this game as well.

What's next to be delayed, Battlefield 4? Destiny in 2015?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    So now I'm 2 games down for Launch week counting Watchdogs. These delays are getting out of hand! For Christ's sake it's less than a month away from release!! With Watchdogs being pulled from the Launch title list, and The Crew being pulled from Launch Window list was already painful enough, but this is just complete BS. I, for on,e am not so much affected since I wasn't purchasing the game. But I was getting the PS Plus version, and this is a kick in the balls to not only the company and it's products image, but the fans of this game as well.

What's next to be delayed, Battlefield 4? Destiny in 2015?
    Try PS4 and XBox One............... till next year

Thread Information