Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

CONFIRMED -ps4 launch title driveclub delayed until 2014

*inb4 The Sith Post's it*

http://www.thesamecoin.co.uk/2013/10/16/rumour-ps4-launch-title-driveclub-delayed-2014/

Although we at TSC don’t usually do news pieces, after yesterdays announcement about Watch Dog’s & The Crew slipping into 2014, this rumour was too much not to post.
    *Treat this as 100% rumour for now, hopefully it will turn out to be false*
    We’ve had word from an anonymous source that Sony’s upcoming PS4 launch title Driveclub is delayed until spring 2014. While no reason for the delay was given it has been reported previously that the game had looked a little unfinished when shown at various events this year.

With a little under a month before the PS4′s US release this isn’t the best of news, especially in the light of Ubisoft’s news that the highly anticipated launch title watch Dog’s won’t be hitting until sometime next year. It’s also a hit to the platforms hugely popular PS+ service as an albeit stripped down version of Driveclub was due to be available for PS+ subscribers free at launch.
    It could also be another blow to retailers who are already having to scramble to adjust preorder bundles of the PS4 in light of yesterdays news.

As stated this is just a rumour at present,expect this piece to self destruct if it turns out to be rubbish but we’ll be sure to update as we learn more. I have reached out to both Evolution Studios and Sony for comment but as yet neither has chosen to reply

UPDATE: Sony has confirmed the delay of PS4 launch title Driveclub delay until "early 2014" and announced details of new offers for PlayStation Plus subscribers who previously would have been able to play a free version of the game.Indie title Contrast will now be offered for free at launch for Plus members, and Sony will grant an "open weekend" trial of Killzone Shadow Fall's multiplayer on 28th-29th December.
    In a lengthy statement posted to both the US and EU PlayStation blogs, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida explained that Driveclub's postponement was due to the game simply needing more time.
    "SCE Worldwide Studios and the team at Evolution Studios have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Driveclub and Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition until early 2014,"Yoshida said. "Driveclub will be a truly innovative, socially connected racing game, but the team requires more time in order to deliver on their vision - and I'm fully confident the game will surpass your expectations.
    "This decision also affects PlayStation Plus members' Instant Game Collection for launch. To be clear, Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition will still be part of the Instant Game Collection when it is released. For the PS4 launch, in addition to Resogun, I'm pleased to announce that Contrast, the highly anticipated game from Compulsion Games will also be available to PlayStation Plus members for free as part of Instant Game Collection. If you're not aware of Contrast, it will whisk you away to a surreal vaudevillian, film-noir inspired reality full of performance, intrigue, shadow-play and drama. I'm sure you'll agree that it is unlike anything you will have played before. We're also offering members access to an exclusive 'Open Weekend' trial of Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer on December 28-29.
    "We understand that the delay is disappointing news, but can assure you that the reason we have made this decision is to ensure that when Driveclub launches, it will realise the next-gen racing vision. And PlayStation 4 gamers will have no shortage of titles to play this year. At launch alone, we have Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, FIFA 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Battlefield 4 to name but a few, as well as the incredible list of indie games coming to PS4.
    "A broad portfolio of games will be available on PS4 before the end of the year, and with games such as inFamous Second Son, The Order 1886, Destiny, Watch Dogs and now Driveclub coming next year, the strength of the software line-up on PS4 is unprecedented.
    "Driveclub is a really ambitious racing title and the game is looking stunning. The extra time we're giving the team means the visuals and overall experience are only going to get better. We can assure you that it will be worth the wait."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...yed-until-2014
    Last edited by 33x; 10-18-2013 at 14:41.
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Better be porky pies.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Now if this is delayed I'll genuinely be annoyed. I wasn't all that fussed about Watch Dogs being delayed but I'm looking forward to DriveClub.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Just a rumor.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Haha something had to go wrong...

Pre order canceled

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    LOL, not even a reference to where this Rumor is coming from. Sounds like it's a Rumor they created themselves to create traffic.

7. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Haha something had to go wrong...

Pre order canceled

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    At least Sith didn't post it, we'd have 2 pages of people $#@!ing at him.

Dedicated Member
    thesixthaxis -

UPDATE: Despite initially dismissing this rumour, there has been more fuel added to the fire over on NeoGAF, with reliable poster famousmortimer saying that he’s heard the same from someone he trusts, and that he’s aware that he’ll get banned if he’s wrong, so is very confident in the claims.If true, Sony are likely looking for another game to replace DriveClub in the first month of PS+, but we could see an official announcement – or a debunking – tomorrow at the earliest.Furthermore, DriveClub’s design director Paul Rustchynsky can’t comment on the matter either, as his official comment on twitter is that he’s been out of office looking after his newborn baby.
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be true. Nov 15 is right around the corner..

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    If they focused efforts onto the PS+ edition then at least those that did order the game can wait with piece in mind while still waiting for the game.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    If they focused efforts onto the PS+ edition then at least those that did order the game can wait with piece in mind while still playing for the game.
    According to an insider PS+ edition is delayed as well
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Welll.....

Again, another reason why I wont be looking at a next gen purchase for some time.

But...

"If" this is true, then that puts Sony's already weaker launch line up in a really bad place. Shadowfall has a hell of a lot riding on it's shoulders now.
    Couple together The Crew being delayed and you have a considerably weaker line up for car lovers.

I really cant believe Sony would delay this title though.

14. Likes rene2kx likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    If its not ready its not ready!
    Release a half assed game or delay??

Wonder what we will get for free instead?
    3 Months PS+ and a couple of indie titles imo

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Welll.....

Again, another reason why I wont be looking at a next gen purchase for some time.

But...

"If" this is true, then that puts Sony's already weaker launch line up in a really bad place. Shadowfall has a hell of a lot riding on it's shoulders now.
    Couple together The Crew being delayed and you have a considerably weaker line up for car lovers.

PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Now if this is delayed I'll genuinely be annoyed. I wasn't all that fussed about Watch Dogs being delayed but I'm looking forward to DriveClub.
    I was looking forward too. Is resogun a launch game?

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Yeah I think it is. I'm looking forward to that also..

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Welll.....

But...

Same here. I wonder if there are issues with the PS4 itself. There have been rumors that the only playable game at events was knack and the others were running on PCs. I find that odd because the launch date is so close.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Ugh... if this turns out true going to be hardly any games at launch that I really want.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Same here. I wonder if there are issues with the PS4 itself. There have been rumors that the only playable game at events was knack and the others were running on PCs. I find that odd because the launch date is so close.
    Dev environment is a PC, its windows 7 with visual studio. So that isnt anything to be shocked about.
    The better question would be is these PC's running the correct APU.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-16-2013 at 22:41.

Awww hell no this better not be true pre ordered the game exclusive bundle with this and killzone. They better not cancel my day 1 edition if this is true. Ill be happy with knack killzone and cod to tie me over till more releases though

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Heard that was debunked just like the X1 games running on PDCs rumor.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Welll..... Again, another reason why I wont be looking at a next gen purchase for some time. But... "If" this is true, then that puts Sony's already weaker launch line up in a really bad place. Shadowfall has a hell of a lot riding on it's shoulders now. Couple together The Crew being delayed and you have a considerably weaker line up for car lovers. I really cant believe Sony would delay this title though.
    Meh I'd rather have a more polished game than see it just pushed out. Forza 5 seems more like Forza 4.5 in order to rush it out for launch. Turn 10 didnt even add day/night cycles which is unacceptable for a next gen sim racer.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-16-2013 at 22:57.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    No!!!!!! lol say it's not so

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    No!!!!!! lol say it's not so
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU2HybDGJHQ

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Heard that was debunked just like the X1 games running on PDCs rumor.
    Oh its not debunked, PS4 SDKS's are PC's. Its just not all that interesting, in development games running in development environment shouldn't shock anyone.

As for Forza, it is in a sense, but then again, it is a lot to port the old code across without loosing out on what makes Forza, forza. Still a lot of work involved, and in some sense, more work than making a completely new thing for scratch.

Still, if they announce Forza Horizon 2 anytime soon and I may be very interested.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron

Please say it ain't so! Really like how it's shaping up, but I guess, much like Watch Dogs, these delays can be a blessing in disguise.
    Last edited by Shockwave; 10-16-2013 at 23:03.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Thread Information