Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PS4 vs XB1 advertising?

This isn't a case of who has the better advertising. Feel free to bring it up but not what concerns me. Here in the states XB1 is almost non existent on TV from what I've seen. I've seen multiple PS4 commercials, multiple times. The Taco Bell one, Original greatness awaits, AC4 PS4 plug, and the new musical one has been playing a lot.

Now XB1, I just saw the first commercial in forever. It want even a console commercial it was for BF4 with a plug at the end like the AC4 commercial. This was the first time I've seen it. But I haven't seen one console commercial plugging the date or anything.

Maybe it's only the channels I watch but I watch ESPN all day and that is the perfect demographic, so you would think they would play there a lot. While typing this the new PS4 commercial played again lol.

So am I just missing them or are they not playing here. How do they compare in Europe?

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

2. Likes patthebaker321 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    This made me lol.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah it's a bit obscure. No worse than the PS3 commercials. Those things were weird! I kind of like it though. Like the original Greatness Awaits one though.

Apprentice
    Items PlayStation
    No man it's not just you. I live in Los Angeles, California and I mostly watch ESPN and the basic channels (FOX, ABC, NBC, etc.) and I neeever see Xbox One commercials. As a matter of fact, I don't think i've EVER seen one. I see PS4 advertising ALL the time though. Commercials on TV, Ads on all kinds of websites, even seen on one website that there was advertising in newspapers.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    This isn't a case of who has the better advertising. Feel free to bring it up but not what concerns me. Here in the states XB1 is almost non existent on TV from what I've seen. I've seen multiple PS4 commercials, multiple times. The Taco Bell one, Original greatness awaits, AC4 PS4 plug, and the new musical one has been playing a lot.

Now XB1, I just saw the first commercial in forever. It want even a console commercial it was for BF4 with a plug at the end like the AC4 commercial. This was the first time I've seen it. But I haven't seen one console commercial plugging the date or anything.

Maybe it's only the channels I watch but I watch ESPN all day and that is the perfect demographic, so you would think they would play there a lot. While typing this the new PS4 commercial played again lol.

So am I just missing them or are they not playing here. How do they compare in Europe?
    I expect you will start seeing X1 commercials starting next week. Probably fully ramped up ~once the fall titles start launching.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I have seen no commercials for either console.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    In Ireland there's been little to no advertising on either part. Sure there's the slight extension to game adverts, like a CoD: Ghosts commercial with Xbox One tacked on to the end of it but in terms of fully-fledged singular adverts there's nada at the moment. Hasn't stopped people discussing them - more so the PS4 - vehemently.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I've been seeing PS4 commercials alot but nothing for XBone.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I've been seeing PS4 commercials alot but nothing for XBone.
    Same, I was expecting a DR3 x1 commercial during The walking dead this past Sunday instead I saw the new PS4 commercial. Maybe it's because I watched on AMC Canada rather than U.S? Anyway, point is, I still havent seen a single X1 commercial.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

One of my friends, who was an early adopter of the ps3 did not know that the next generation rollout was next month. He's a bit busy with his own business for sure and just plays offline but was stoked when I informed him a couple days ago and is scrambling to preorder. I take that as a measure of the ad campaigns of both companies. I think Sony has done better than Msft but I am surprised at the lack of a solid drive and coverage in both campaigns.
    ~ Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman, in that case always be Batman. ~

~ Microsoft and l had a disagreement on the primary function of the Xbox One. I wanted to use it to play games and they wanted to use it to screw me.~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I think here in the US Sony is doing the smart thing and trying to get ahead on advertising here. They know how critical it is to get the word out here. MS already has the luxury coming off a very successful campaign here last gen. But I'm genuinely surprised almost 1 month until launch and they aren't advertising the console by itself.

PSN ID
    sayyestoweed
    Yeah so far i have seen WAY more ps4 ads then xbone most xbone iv'e seen at the moment was on ESPN which has a contract with Microsoft anyways i have yet to see the actual Xbone in a commercial

Thread Information