Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    What reports?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/...ilarity-ensue/
    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...ting-problems/
    Not to mention AC crashing at E3.
    Then there are some what dodgy reports ofr the PS4 crashing at Eurogamer.

Again, I don't attribute nor believe there is anything more sinister here than teething and development issues, but it is proof that this system is still complex enough in the development circle.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-18-2013 at 06:20.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

2. Dislikes Demi_God is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    What rumors?

There are reports of overheating, games freezing, consoles simply not working at TGS etc etc.
    As I say, to say there have been no issues is to overlook some fairy public embarrassments.

I'm pretty sure they are all unrelated and nothing but teething issues. But I find it funny that these are glossed over while out of context quotes about firmware updates which we all knew about are proof absolute that the system was not designed for games?
    <sighs>

I hope you enjoy BF4.
    When the hell did I ever say that?
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Back it up, I never said the PS4 had "no" development problems- but all the news we've heard coming from developers has been largely positive for the PS4 and very little praise (and discreet murmurings of discontent) for the Xbox One. Incomplete drivers, generally weaker hardware, whatever. Painting a picture in many small strokes.
    No but it sounds like you were implying it. There is praise for xbox one hardware too and it's not mostly indie devs. The incomplete drivers are normal thing with new hardware. Weaker hardware? Same was said about 360. Doesn't matter. IMO what's come out of the console is more important than what's inside. It's about performance and xb1 has some impressive games.

5. Dislikes Demi_God is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No but it sounds like you were implying it. There is praise for xbox one hardware too and it's not mostly indie devs. The incomplete drivers are normal thing with new hardware. Weaker hardware? Same was said about 360. Doesn't matter. IMO what's come out of the console is more important than what's inside. It's about performance and xb1 has some impressive games.
    Uh no, I wasn't implying it.

And yes, the hardware is weaker. Not even Mynd will argue with that, it's just a matter of "by how much". Also, no, the 360 had the more robust GPU period. Nobody was really arguing otherwise after the first year or so. It had an inferior, but easier to use, CPU though and a forward thinking memory system.

Though including a hard drive with every console would have been cool.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/...ilarity-ensue/
    http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...ting-problems/
    Not to mention AC crashing at E3.
    Then there are some what dodgy reports ofr the PS4 crashing at Eurogamer.

Again, I don't attribute nor believe there is anything more sinister here than teething and development issues, but it is proof that this system is still complex enough in the development circle.
    Your first link isn't working for me and the second link has an update that says the ps4 was in an enclosed box. I think we are starting to see a pattern. Don't put your ps4 in an enclosed box but if you are dumb enough to do so the ps4 will save itself.

8. Likes Agriel , Shingo , VayMasters86 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    What rumors? There are reports of overheating, games freezing, consoles simply not working at TGS etc etc. As I say, to say there have been no issues is to overlook some fairy public embarrassments. I'm pretty sure they are all unrelated and nothing but teething issues. But I find it funny that these are glossed over while out of context quotes about firmware updates which we all knew about are proof absolute that the system was not designed for games? I hope you enjoy BF4.
    You referring to this report where the guy claimed the DS4 broke as soon as he touched it and was making fun of "Sony fanboys"? Yeah, pretty dubious source there mynd. http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/27/games-...dders-4126169/ And if we're doing that than how about http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/07/2...umerous-times/.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-19-2013 at 02:51.

10. Likes VayMasters86 wishes they had posted this first.
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    You referring to this report where the guy claimed the DS4 broke as soon as he touched it and was making fun of "Sony fanboys"? Yeah, pretty dubious source there mynd. http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/27/games-...dders-4126169/ And if we're doing that than how about http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/07/2...umerous-times/.
    You need to keep reading mate, and yeah i did reference that report, and i described it as dodgy. All though to be fair they did snap photos in the dev kits crashing to windows. But again I'm not accusing the PS4 of anything sinister just saying it aint all "the easiest system ever" to develop for. All though it does appear what I thought was some coding issues in Knack maybe related to heat issues, although not quite the enclosed box scenario of the other days red line of death thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

12. Dislikes Two4DaMoney , Shingo is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You need to keep reading mate, and yeah i did reference that report, and i described it as dodgy. All though to be fair they did snap photos in the dev kits crashing to windows. But again I'm not accusing the PS4 of anything sinister just saying it aint all "the easiest system ever" to develop for. All though it does appear what I thought was some coding issues in Knack maybe related to heat issues, although not quite the enclosed box scenario of the other days red line of death thing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    And your thoughts on this? http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/07/2...umerous-times/

Power Member
    Items User name style

Crytek Admits Microsoft Had To Rewrite Xbox One Code To Run Software

Oh the xbox one is a difficult machine to develop for it crashes all the time cause they have to rewrite the firmware. Its behind in development. We all know that mistercrow, to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    When the hell did I ever say that?
    Wasn't you,look at the OP article.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-19-2013 at 07:25.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Oh the xbox one is a difficult machine to develop for it crashes all the time cause they have to rewrite the firmware. Its behind in development. We all know that mistercrow, to be expected.
    K

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    If I were getting an Xbone, Ryse is a must get. Knack and Ryse must be the bastard child of their respective consoles with the hate they get. Funnily enough, I like both.
    same here on the liking point, so much so that i may just get a PS4 this year instead of Feb/March as intended.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Still sound bad to me. Despite the 180 withe the recent news o Ryse alone it sounds like MS needs to push launch back and fully gather themselves (plus it's stuff like this that further justifies the investors desire to separate the XBOX division from MS, even though I feel like these shenanigans are perfectly Microsoft in fashion)

Superior Member
    Eh, I don't see any need at all to push back the launch of the XBox One at all. Development issues are always going to happen, especially on a brand new console with launch titles. Not to mention that Ryse is looking to have some of the best graphics so far out of both consoles.

If any console was to seriously have a debate on delaying the launch of it might seem more of a case for the PS4 now that its lost Drive Club and Watch dogs. But even then I don't think Sony should delay either. They would have been looking at lot better if they had Infamous in the list of day one games though.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    Eh, I don't see any need at all to push back the launch of the XBox One at all. Development issues are always going to happen, especially on a brand new console with launch titles. Not to mention that Ryse is looking to have some of the best graphics so far out of both consoles.

If any console was to seriously have a debate on delaying the launch of it might seem more of a case for the PS4 now that its lost Drive Club and Watch dogs. But even then I don't think Sony should delay either. They would have been looking at lot better if they had Infamous in the list of day one games though.
    Needs to be push back, look clearly the firmware isn't allowing Crytck to get this game anywhere near good...(make sure you look at this full size).

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lawd and this is just the first wave of games? Can't wait, less than a month! Catman time

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ancient
    Needs to be push back, look clearly the firmware isn't allowing Crytck to get this game anywhere near good...(make sure you look at this full size).

Looks good to me, my only problem is its generic design and less then exciting gameplay.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Looks good to me, my only problem is its generic design and less then exciting gameplay.

With you there. No amount of firmware will fix that.

Superior Member

Just a FUD thread and nothing more. Every console INCLUDING Sony's have had bumps in the road. It never stopped me from buying and enjoying my PlayStations in the past. So there is no way in hell it's gonna stop me from picking up an Xbox One and enjoying it too.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    With you there. No amount of firmware will fix that.
    Heh. I agree. I went thru quite the roller coaster with this game. When I first saw the announcement at E3 I was pretty bummed that it was only Xbox One...then I saw the gameplay and was more of the mind that "meh, no big deal."

However, I must admit that I'm still very curious about it. Just because the gameplay doesn't LOOK amazing to me, doesn't mean that the game will be no fun to play regardless. Not curious enough to buy another console just to play it but I DO wish it was going to be multi-platform so I could at least check it out some day down the road or rent it or something. Oh well!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post

Actually I rather like the Roman aesthetic. A big part of me wishes there were more games that took place in that time period.

Thread Information