Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
  1. #1
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    PS3 outsells 360 in the US for the first time in almost 3 years


  2. #2
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,549
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,028 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That 32 month streak is phenomenal though. did the PS2 ever do that? never kept track of stuff back then.

    to be fair though, pretty much all consoles are going down in sales due to the next-gen around the corner. just that PS3 would naturally get a bump because there's more saturation with the 360 market.

  3. #3
    Superior Member
    Peregrin8X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    orange county
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    17
    Points
    11,245 (0 Banked)
    looks like the ps3 exclusives are doing the talking.

  4. Likes IWAO, mistercrow likes this post
  5. #4
    Apprentice
    Effekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Age
    22
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    5,596 (0 Banked)
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That 32 month streak is phenomenal though. did the PS2 ever do that? never kept track of stuff back then.

    to be fair though, pretty much all consoles are going down in sales due to the next-gen around the corner. just that PS3 would naturally get a bump because there's more saturation with the 360 market.
    Yeah, it was over 32-months easily. PS2 dominated from the start to finish pretty much not even a road bump if you compare the sales it's ridiculous. I give props to the 360 though, it's still impressive.

  6. #5
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,785
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    68,344 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wow

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  7. #6
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,449
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    15,302 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wasn't expecting that at all.

    Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

  8. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    193
    Points
    107,327 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I did. People are catching up on Playstation franchises in preparation for the exodus to PS4.. Even in the Xboxes own front yard.

    GTA V was just the excuse to splash on a new system, as sales figures indicate that it was the bundle that really pushed sales (indicating, this is an influx of new owners rather than re-buys).

  9. #8
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,773
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    84,810 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Damn! Nice work Sony.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  10. #9
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,898
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,360 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I did. People are catching up on Playstation franchises in preparation for the exodus to PS4.. Even in the Xboxes own front yard.
    until black friday

  11. #10
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    193
    Points
    107,327 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    until black friday
    Yup. People will be waiting on the fence to get a PS4 if there's not enough to supply the shelves. Oh well.

  12. Likes mistercrow, PS4freak , Christopher likes this post
  13. #11
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,116 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    PS4 halo?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  14. #12
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    193
    Points
    107,327 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    PS4 halo?
    More like a date with...

    Destiny.

  15. Likes Yungstar 2006, Christopher likes this post
  16. #13
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,781
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,357 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Haha nice going there Sony.

  17. #14
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I wasn't expecting that at all.
    Me either. Job well done Sony!

  18. #15
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,116 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    More like a date with...

    Destiny.
    Touche
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  19. #16
    Newbie
    Kasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    418 (36 Banked)
    I thought that the Ps3 outsold Xbox like a few years ago... either i'm losing my mind or the internetz lied to me!!! we ll that's great news and since games are still coming out for PS3 and Xbox 360, i hope the trend continues until devs stop supporting the current systems

  20. #17
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,549
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,028 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    you may be confusing overall sales. 360 has been outselling the PS3 in the US for a while now. this is pretty much where 360 kept their lead. i think it's easy for the PS3 to get ahead much further now because it is not saturated yet and probably can sell at a higher price than the 360.

    once $360 ends up being like $99 then we'll see a big bump in sales for it. until then, i think PS3 will probably keep it close, if not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasu View Post
    I thought that the Ps3 outsold Xbox like a few years ago... either i'm losing my mind or the internetz lied to me!!! we ll that's great news and since games are still coming out for PS3 and Xbox 360, i hope the trend continues until devs stop supporting the current systems

  21. #18
    Newbie
    Kasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    418 (36 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you may be confusing overall sales. 360 has been outselling the PS3 in the US for a while now. this is pretty much where 360 kept their lead. i think it's easy for the PS3 to get ahead much further now because it is not saturated yet and probably can sell at a higher price than the 360.

    once $360 ends up being like $99 then we'll see a big bump in sales for it. until then, i think PS3 will probably keep it close, if not more.
    Yea I think I was getting overall sales confused with US sales. Thanks for clearing that up. Is it me or will current gen consoles become almost irrelevant once the next gen consoles are released? I mean sure the devs and respective companies will support it (current gen) but I think that next gen will be something that everyone will try their hardest to obtain. Since next gen consoles arent backwards compatible then i feel like current gen will be pushed almost into oblivion... just a thought

  22. #19
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,773
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    84,810 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasu View Post
    Yea I think I was getting overall sales confused with US sales. Thanks for clearing that up. Is it me or will current gen consoles become almost irrelevant once the next gen consoles are released? I mean sure the devs and respective companies will support it (current gen) but I think that next gen will be something that everyone will try their hardest to obtain. Since next gen consoles arent backwards compatible then i feel like current gen will be pushed almost into oblivion... just a thought
    They still sell decent. Especially when they drop the price of them. Nothing like they normally do but it takes a couple years until they become completely irrelevant.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  23. #20
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,550
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    161,112 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    looks like the ps3 exclusives are doing the talking.
    It was apparently the GTA IV bundle that pushed them into 1st place.

    http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/10/17...s-in-september



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  24. #21
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,549
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,028 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    of course PS3 exclusives don't matter. who cares about TLOU or Two Souls? pffffft

  25. #22
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    of course PS3 exclusives don't matter. who cares about TLOU or Two Souls? pffffft
    TLOU made it to number one in June NPD software. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ng-titles.aspx. But yeah the GTA bundle pushed PS3 to the top in the hardware numbers for Sept.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-18-2013 at 19:17.

  26. #23
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,550
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    161,112 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    of course PS3 exclusives don't matter. who cares about TLOU or Two Souls? pffffft
    Im sure people loved them, but we are referring hardware not software.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  27. #24
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,773
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    84,810 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Im sure people loved them, but we are referring hardware not software.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Yeah but they go hand in hand. People sitting on the fence hear about these critically acclaimed games could receive that last push by those games to buy a PS3. The systems don't sell themselves without games.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  28. #25
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,550
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    161,112 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Yeah but they go hand in hand. People sitting on the fence hear about these critically acclaimed games could receive that last push by those games to buy a PS3. The systems don't sell themselves without games.
    Not really, i think mc just proved that despite TLOU doing really well, it didn't exactly make the console number one in July.
    This late in to the gen only a solid bundle can really be attributed to a game shifting a console. Too many people who want these games already own the console.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.