Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room

Could someone give me a rundown on the Killzone drama.

I guess this could be in the PS3 Games forum....but seeing as it concerns the upcoming KZ for the PS4 I'll put it here....since I want to know whats going on for said game in particular.

I never played the original....I have 2...but it's all so grey and brown and dull I can't bring myself to play it....and never played KZ3.

I know KZ:SF is a prequel but I still think it would be good to know whats been going on.

No in depth detailed novel needed...just a quick rundown if anyone has the time to give one.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Killzone shadowfall isn't a prequel. It is set 30 years after the events in Killzone 3.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Really? I thought I heard during one of the gameplay vids that they said it was a prequel.

In that case, I really need to know whats going on. Care to shed some light on anymore.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The game is set in an era of space colonization. Earth, after a serious nuclear war between its nations, formed a major government of the richest surviving governments and industries to explore space colonization, eventually settling a solar system outside of Sol. Alpha Centauri is a system with two planets, the lush and blossoming Vekta, the other rich in energy supply but inhospitable; Helghan. These two planets were purchased by the Helghan Corporation after the UCN (United Colonial Nations) decided to auction them. However, after Helghast's economic policies threatened to undermine the UCN's financial system the UCN invaded Vekta and removed the Helghast after failing to impose financial sanctions. This forced the Helghast to colonize Helghan, a harsh and brutal planet, and deeply resenting the loss of Vekta. The planet's harsh environment forced the Helghast to adapt and mutate so much that they can no longer be considered human. They are stronger, faster and more resilient than their human cousins, and possess a burning hatred for humanity. Except for a small number of half-breed Helghast and trained troopers, they require a gas mask and air processing tank.
    Story[edit]

The Helghast are a faction of human descendants who colonized the planet Helghan many generations ago. The Helghast Empire has recovered from its defeat in the First Extrasolar War and launched a blitzkrieg against the outer Interplanetary Strategic Alliance (ISA) colony planet Vekta.
    The player takes control of ISA Captain Jan Templar, who is trying to repel the invasion. Despite the ISA's attempts, they continue to sustain heavy losses and the Helghast slowly prevail. Templar and his squad are called back to the base for reassignment. However, the ISA's headquarters is overrun by a Helghast assault force and they are forced to evacuate. Templar manages to hold off the invasion with the help of Marshal Lugar who rescued him from possible assassination in the abandoned HQ.
    Templar and Lugar are then sent to find the ISA operative Gregor Hakha, a half-Helghast spy who had acquired data on future Helghast movements. On their way they meet Ricardo Velasquez; another ISA soldier who had just lost his platoon to Helghast forces and had rescued them from a large platoon of Helghast soldiers.
    As they meet up with Hakha, the unit discovered that General Stuart Adams, a high ranking ISA officer, was a traitor. When the Earth Defense Fleet (EDF) arrived to assist the Vektan Army, Adams murdered General Vaughton and prepared an ambush for the EDF relief force. A string of skirmishes unfold across Vekta as Templar and his unit inflict strategic strikes across Vekta in a bid to unsettle the Helghast. General Adams' position of power falls into peril when General Lente assumes power, however he is shortly shot dead by the ISA-turned ex-Helghast soldier Hakha while the ISA calls off the ECA attacks on the station. Templar and his unit breach the station, and subdue resistance from Adams' loyalists. As the station explodes in orbit, the ISA heroes escape with Lugar and Templar trying to foresee the future of the conflict.

from wikipedia

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    read this
    http://killzone.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
    the backstory is pretty deep for fps game

ps can i post gaf link here??
    Last edited by FireSol; 10-18-2013 at 09:47.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Thanks guys....made for some interesting reading.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Meanwhile Lando has infiltrated Jabba's Palace, but without Chewie, who he left with in last scene of Empire, so that makes no sense, cause Chewie turns up with Leia, who is disguised as a bounty hunter.
    So the question is what the $#@! was Chewie doing all that time, did he just babysit the Falcon?

No...wait..that might be a different story....
    Last edited by mynd; 10-18-2013 at 12:33.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Thread Information