Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Got a source on that? You know games do get delayed all the time. No reason to automatically assume they didn't get a dev kit in a timely fashion. This is an exclusive I'm sure they were in the top of the pecking order for dev kits.
    That's my best guess because in a recent interview with an evolution developer (before this delay confirmation), he said he was tied to his office right until launch day to complete drive club, which gave the indication that the development was running behind schedule.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Well, Contrast looks really interesting to me, so as a replacement I'm happy with it. I was only going to get the PS+ version of Driveclub to try it out, though it does look good too.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I heard DriveClub got held up in testing...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

4. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    I don't think Contrast is a like-for-like day one replacement. They should give us PS+'ers Knack instead. Not an Indy.
    I'd agree with this.

But still - I'd rather finished/polished/best version possible than not. Same goes for WD. Lucky we're not short on racing games. And if you're racing guy you're probably also/otherwise getting FM5 with the Xbone anyway.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran
    I think Need for Speed: Rivals for the PS4 on Nov. 19 will take care of my driving game needs until Driveclub comes out. And people have played it on the PC and the PS4 with the experience they were almost indistinguishable from each other.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/18/48...lldrive-pc-ps4
    PS4's Need for Speed Rivals more visually impressive than PC version

Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

7. Likes davin_g likes this post
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    I don't think Contrast is a like-for-like day one replacement. They should give us PS+'ers Knack instead. Not an Indy.
    I think Knack will be a Free one down the road. Its ok...it isn't going to not be on PS+ just not at launch....there are plenty of games on Sony's console when you factor in all the free to play games too. I think they needed to get the social aspect/multiplayer locked down and its better to do that right when the game hits then have a disaster and try to lure people in later. The racing market was already very tight this christmas....Forza, NFS, GT...give it some life of it's own this way. Plus....Sony is selling tons of preorders...this just means when the finally have PS4s on the shelf and they really really have to start marketing them and compete...it will hit with a combo and not just a haymaker at launch. Having Infamous SS and this game coming out after Christmas should continue to boost the console into the Spring.

Sony develops games....and they have some good ones lined up for us. GT is a huge game and I'm sure a lot of driving enthusiast wasn't quite ready to jump next gen and miss a GT game. This way they can ease into next gen. A lot of racers in the market...I wish I had the game because it looked great...but I'm going to be around....I'll play it when its ready....and I would rather it be ready than half-assed.
    Last edited by davin_g; 10-22-2013 at 01:18.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post

They must have had trouble tightening up those damn graphics!

10. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    What have they got against Texas and Massachusetts?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    So PS4 launch line up is looking less appealing as launch nears, they keep on delaying games, I guess XBone will be getting the upper hand on game line up now. What's worse is that they'll be replacing with an even crappier game than Resogun.
    It's not about launch titles though....for me at least. I'm in this for the long haul and god only know when you'll be able to get one once the first shipment is done.

PS4 might not have the "biggest" brand names at the day of launch. But from what I've seen....there more than enough coming during the next 3 or 4 months.

Besides....you're going to pay the same amount on Nov 15 as you would if you bought it 3 or 4 months down the road for any of those games....why not get it Nov 15 and in the meantime just get to know the PS4 and play a couple of launch games.

It's not like it can hurt.

Supreme Veteran
    It is about launch titles. No point buying a console on launch day if there are no games you want to play on launch day. I am in that boat concernign the PS4. I wanted 1 but withthe delayed games, no pint getting one this year.

PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It is about launch titles. No point buying a console on launch day if there are no games you want to play on launch day. I am in that boat concernign the PS4. I wanted 1 but withthe delayed games, no pint getting one this year.
    Meh. Call of duty will tie me down, and I have tons of PS+ games to playthrough still

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Well, I'm not saying it's not good to have really cool launch titles....but if theres decent enough games at launch and if theres a situation like with these consoles where you don't even know when you'll be able to get them after Xmas....and then theres a few games coming out in Feb and whatnot.....might as well get one on launch.

Like I said....you're paying the same either way. Why not make sure you have one.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    Well, I'm not saying it's not good to have really cool launch titles....but if theres decent enough games at launch and if theres a situation like with these consoles where you don't even know when you'll be able to get them after Xmas....and then theres a few games coming out in Feb and whatnot.....might as well get one on launch.

Like I said....you're paying the same either way. Why not make sure you have one.
    This is how I'm looking at it, partly at least.

That and I know I'll be playing KZ SF and AC4 + a couple of sports games so I'm good. But yeah, slim picking for those with more specific tastes.

In saying that there are Indies, so for the sake of 'securing' one (next shipment here is January 2014, after launch - I can only imagine what supply would be like for more populated areas), I'd check the Indie titles announced for launch and see if there are any that peaks your interest.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post

Sounds like panic buying to me. Oh no there might be a shortage of <insert thing here> so people find that out they go buy it so they have one thus creating the shortage. If nobody reported the shortage would people rush out and buy 1?
    There was rumours of another fuel crisis in the UK a short while ago and there were large queues at petrol pumps of people panic buying.

It ill be nothing more than a very expensive paperweight for me. Lots of The launch games that are releasing I can get on PC and at least 5 of them I can play right now.

Assassins creed
    fifa
    NBA
    BF4
    COD
    DC universe
    Divekick
    Lego
    minecraft
    MAdden
    need for speed
    war frame
    war thunder
    Blacklight
    Last edited by keefy; 10-22-2013 at 22:00.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Sounds like panic buying to me. Oh no there might be a shortage of <insert thing here> so people find that out they go buy it so they have one thus creating the shortage. If nobody reported the shortage would people rush out and buy 1?
    There was rumours of another fuel crisis in the UK a short while ago and there were large queues at petrol pumps of people panic buying.

It ill be nothing more than a very expensive paperweight for me. Most of The launch games that are releasing I can get on PC.

Assassins creed
    fifa
    NBA
    BF4
    COD
    DC universe
    Divekick
    Lego
    minecraft
    MAdden
    need for speed
    wear frame
    war thunder
    But I'm still playing the same price.....now or 5 months down the road. At least thats what I'm guessing. I don't see why they would lower the pirce 4 or 5 months from now.

So it's not really that big of a deal. It's just a matter of timing.

Supreme Veteran
    The price is irrelevant I was willing to buy day 1, I am not waiting for the price to drop I am waiting for games I want to play. If there are no games I want to play, the device is useless.
    Last edited by keefy; 10-22-2013 at 22:12.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    If you don't own a powerful PC, then the Free-To-Play titles are a lot more interesting. Personally, I use a crappy 2008 MacBook, so I'm excited to try out Warframe and Blacklight, and of course Planetside 2 when that hits.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    The price is irrelevant I was willing to buy day 1, I am not waiting for the price to drop I am waiting for games I want to play. If there are no games I want to play, the device is useless.
    Fair enough.

Lets just hope there aren't too many other delays.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian

It ill be nothing more than a very expensive paperweight for me. Lots of The launch games that are releasing I can get on PC and at least 5 of them I can play right now.

Assassins creed
    fifa
    NBA
    BF4
    COD
    DC universe
    Divekick
    Lego
    minecraft
    MAdden
    need for speed
    war frame