Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

Official:Driveclub delayed, PSN+ replacement is Contrast

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...veclub-update/

SCE Worldwide Studios and the team at Evolution Studios have made the difficult decision to delay the release of DRIVECLUB and DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition until early 2014. DRIVECLUB will be a truly innovative, socially connected racing game, but the team requires more time in order to deliver on their vision — and I’m fully confident the game will surpass your expectations.

This decision also affects PlayStation Plus members’ Instant Game Collection for launch. To be clear, DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition will still be part of the Instant Game Collection when it is released. For the PS4 launch, in addition to Resogun, I’m pleased to announce that Contrast, the highly anticipated game from Compulsion Games will also be available to PlayStation Plus members for free as part of Instant Game Collection. If you’re not aware of Contrast, it will whisk you away to a surreal vaudevillian, film-noir inspired reality full of performance, intrigue, shadow-play and drama. Please check out the trailer below. I’m sure you’ll agree that it is unlike anything you will have played before.

We’re also offering members access to an exclusive “Open Weekend” trial of Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer on December 28-29.

We understand that the delay is disappointing news, but can assure you that the reason we have made this decision is to ensure that when DRIVECLUB launches, it will realize the next-gen racing vision. And PlayStation 4 gamers will have no shortage of titles to play this year. At launch alone, we have Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, FIFA 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Battlefield 4 to name but a few, as well as the incredible list of indie games coming to PS4. A broad portfolio of games will be available on PS4 before the end of the year, and with games such as inFAMOUS Second Son, The Order 1886, Destiny, Watch Dogs and now DRIVECLUB coming next year, the strength of the software line-up on PS4 is unprecedented.

DRIVECLUB is a really ambitious racing title and the game is looking stunning. The extra time we’re giving the team means the visuals and overall experience are only going to get better. We can assure you that it will be worth the wait.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

2. Likes K2D likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Eh. Will enjoy Resogun, might play Contrast now and will just grab retail Drive Club when it drops

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It better still come to ps+.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It better still come to ps+.
    They said there will still be a PS+ version when it comes out

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    They said there will still be a PS+ version when it comes out
    That's good. I'm not into it that much but a try at it might swing my to the buy it line.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Take the convo here now
    Last edited by 33x; 10-18-2013 at 15:15.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    I don't think Contrast is a like-for-like day one replacement. They should give us PS+'ers Knack instead. Not an Indy.

​aka Sparc

Veteran
    So PS4 launch line up is looking less appealing as launch nears, they keep on delaying games, I guess XBone will be getting the upper hand on game line up now. What's worse is that they'll be replacing with an even crappier game than Resogun.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Oh well, disappointing I guess but it just means I'll have more time for Killzone SF and any other games I pick up.

Ultimate Veteran
    Still a better love story than Twilight.

12. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Now I don't have a reason to get up early on November 15th trying to find a PS4. There are absolutely no games I want for the system that will be released on launch that I want now. Cool! Saves me money. lls

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Superior Member
    WOW way to $#@! up PS4s launch. Xbox One has DR3, Ryse, and Forza as three major titles. PS4 now has only Killzone and Knack, both of which have been mostly MEH by a large majority. Well I guess I'm going to be back to seeing tons of Playstation has no games meme's for another generation.....smh.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSoul21 View Post
    PS4 now has only Killzone and Knack, both of which have been mostly MEH by a large majority.
    Don't group Killzone in there.

Knack looks mediocre, but impressions of Killzone have been very positive. It may not be the most ambitious game, since it's a launch title, but it seems to be high-quality for what it's doing.

But yes, the Xbone seems to have the better launch line-up now, unless you're really into indie titles, which PS4 has loads more of at launch.

Superior Member
    Oh I myself have always been looking to get Killzone. I liked all the others installments. I was just meaning that overall it seems like Xbox's lineup has been receiving a much higher amount of praise. Ryse looks amazing now, best looking launch game imo. If it wasn't for games like Infamous, Deep Down, and the Order, I would probably cancel my PS4 order now and switch to Xbox at launch.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    WOW way to $#@! up PS4s launch. Xbox One has DR3, Ryse, and Forza as three major titles. PS4 now has only Killzone and Knack, both of which have been mostly MEH by a large majority. Well I guess I'm going to be back to seeing tons of Playstation has no games meme's for another generation.....smh.
    Forza 5 is the only X1 exclusive launching that I would be interested in. But yeah disappointing news but if more time in the oven produces a better game then I'm ok with it. At least I have KZ SF and maybe I'll pick up NFS Rivals or some other 3rd party game. Plus I'll download Warframe.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'm getting more and more comfortable with my decision to wait til after inFamous releases.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I'm getting more and more comfortable with my decision to wait til after inFamous releases.
    It looks Spring will be the prime time to get a PS4.

By then we'll likely have available:

-DriveClub
    -inFamous: Second Son
    -Watch Dogs
    -Destiny
    -Diablo III
    -The Witness
    -Planetside 2
    -Deep Down

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    This sucks floppy. Two of the games that i was interested in are now delayed. KZ gets delayed, I'm canceling my preorder.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Xbone and PS4 both have bad launch lineups. It's essentially Killzone vs. Forza. Knack is $#@!, Ryse is bigger $#@!, and DR3 is generic zombie $#@!.

If I were to get a PS4 at launch, which I won't be able to, the only game I'd get is probably Fifa 14.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Xbone and PS4 both have bad launch lineups. It's essentially Killzone vs. Forza. Knack is $#@!, Ryse is bigger $#@!, and DR3 is generic zombie $#@!.
    Yep, thats how I see the situation right now.

Superior Member
    That sucks that drive club is delayed. Really disappointing that and watchdogs, it was going to have a great launch. Now i'm leaning more towards getting a xbox one first (will see the reviews and the comparison on Multi-Platform games) but i'm still not buying a new console until some time next year.

Dead Rising isnt just generic zombie $#@!, there is a great story and so many features in the game. I can always tell who actually played one of the DR games and the people who obviously never did. Its the best zombie series out there. Resident evil is the worst thing ever made... the puzzles... dont get me started.

Dedicated Member
    Sony must've provided Evolution development kits later than normal for a launch project. That is why the devs haven't been able to meet the launch time frame. Mismanagement on sony's part.

I wasn't going to get a ps4 this year anyway but it sucks for launch adopters who were looking to get this game.

Now the X1's launch lineup is undoubtedly looking better with DR3+Ryse+Forza 5 + multiplats.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Awesome. Taking a leaf out of Steams book and allowing free/open weekends. Hope they do more of this.

Might just spend the money upgrading my PC now.
    Last edited by keefy; 10-18-2013 at 21:17.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Sony must've provided Evolution development kits later than normal for a launch project. That is why the devs haven't been able to meet the launch time frame. Mismanagement on sony's part.

I wasn't going to get a ps4 this year anyway but it sucks for launch adopters who were looking to get this game.

Now the X1's launch lineup is undoubtedly looking better with DR3+Ryse+Forza 5 + multiplats.
    Got a source on that? You know games do get delayed all the time. No reason to automatically assume they didn't get a dev kit in a timely fashion. This is an exclusive I'm sure they were in the top of the pecking order for dev kits.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MossadAgentO View Post
    That sucks that drive club is delayed. Really disappointing that and watchdogs, it was going to have a great launch. Now i'm leaning more towards getting a xbox one first (will see the reviews and the comparison on Multi-Platform games) but i'm still not buying a new console until some time next year.

Dead Rising isnt just generic zombie $#@!, there is a great story and so many features in the game. I can always tell who actually played one of the DR games and the people who obviously never did. Its the best zombie series out there. Resident evil is the worst thing ever made... the puzzles... dont get me started.
    sounds like a smart thing for you to do. just stick with Xbox.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information