Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914

All PS3 Digital Content (Including GTA5) Might Carry Over to PS4 According to Report

This may be megaton!!! I might start buying some games now if this is true

According to the Twitter account of the Basildon GAME Store Sony announced during a PlayStation Meeting in the UK that All PS3 digital content will Carry Over to PS4.When questioned on the reliability of the news, the Twitter account specified that they only relayed what they were told by Sony.They further clarified by mentioning specifically that all downloaded games will be available on the PS4.Even more surprising, it seems that the deal isnít just related to PSN Only games, but even much bigger games like Grand Theft Auto V, when purchased digitally.On the other hand, we donít know if non-gaming content will get the same treatment.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/...y-over-to-ps4/

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Probably through the Gaikai service in 2014, they also said that this doesn't include disc based games, only PSN digital copies.

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The source said this wouldn't be ready until 2014. It's obvious Sony is talking about Gaikai, which makes sense.

"Already have a PS3 game? Then you can stream it via Gaikai for free."

I hope that applies to both digital copies and physical copies. We should be able to put in our PS3 discs and stream the Gaikai version.

Superior Member
    I'm hoping Gaikai will work for disc based PS3 games by at least recognizing the ps3 disc in the tray and allowing you to stream. I was thinking maybe it could see you have saved game data and then know you have that game, but that would be too easy to fake and get games for free.

Or Gaikai goes the Sega channel route and I start foaming at the mouth.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Thread Information