Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh

Selling my Logitech G19

After building my new system last year I wanted a new swanky keyboard to go along with it, this was also because my old G15 r1 kind of died after 8 years of heavy use so I thought I'd splash out on this G19. So I plugged it in and found that the keyboard was like "WOW" but there's one thing I did not like and I still can't seem to get on with it and that's the actuation required to register a keystroke. Because of this I've decided to sell the keyboard and pickup a mechanical cherry red like the Corsair K95.

Does anyone have any ideas for a good mechanical keyboard to purchase? Just not Razor or Logitech please. Wink

Also is anyone up for taking this keyboard off my hands? It might be a year old but it's like new, still has all the accessories and discs and a mint condition box, if you want pictures of the keyboard then I can upload them too.
    Last edited by Varsh; 10-29-2013 at 14:10.

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My friend has the K95 and really likes it. I have a Ducky Shine 3 with red switches and it is quite possibly the best keyboard o have ever touched. I LOVE the reactive lighting mode.

I spent 140 on my Ducky but I don't regret it at all. Best purchase I've made in a long time. People complain about the clicking noise of a mechanical keyboard but ice actually grown to love it.

BBK.. Tapatalking

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    The red switches aren't that clicky though are they? I've been told that if you don't bottom out the key then actually they're pretty quiet, just as quiet as a regular dome keyboard - well the K95 anyway.

I think it's time I went back to yesteryear with a mechanical keyboard and stopped with these dome keyboards. This G19 might be a stunning keyboard but having it wear out like the G13 or having a high actuation pressure is starting to annoy me now. *sighs*

Forum Sage

They're relatively loud. The reds are quieter than the rest but still much louder than dome keyboards. My friends K95 sounds similar to my Ducky. I prefer the ducky though.

EDIT: This is my ducky. I just bashed the keys and bottomed them out (chances are you will is usually bottom out when playing games) Admittedly you wont bottom them out as hard as i have but you get an idea of how bad it can be.

Last edited by BBK..; 10-20-2013 at 16:18.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    That doesn't seem too bad to be honest. I might have to pop down to PC World at some point to see if they have the K95 in stock so I can test it out.

Forum Sage

It's not bad at all. I was expecting far worse but I didn't want you to buy one expecting them to be as quiet as a dome board.

Whatever you get, as long as they are reds as i haven't tried the others, you'll love it. No going back.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Well I managed to sell it to someone I know on Steam for 70 including delivery which I'm happy with, at least I know it's going somewhere where it'll be used.

Off to send it now and grab my Corsair K95.

I'll let you guys know how it feels after a few days of using it.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I see Corsair do a version without the extra macro keys. K70 That is the version I would get
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    I needed the macro keys though but holy crap this keyboard is absolutely stunning! I have had a weird issue with it where after installing the software and drivers for it the keyboard either blinks and becomes unusable or it's completely turned off. Aparently it works perfectly fine on my Linux partition but it seems to effup on Windows unless I change USB ports... yeah go figure! As usual another reason to not use Windows. xD

Either way the MX Reds are really really nice. They are louder than the rubber domes but the feedback makes me feel like I'm typing on a typewriter, not only that but I've already found that I'm typing much faster on this thing than I did before. Damn I love this thing.

Forum Sage

How are you finding the world of mechanical keyboards? Hard to go back right? I'm debating buying another 'cheap' QPAD one for work

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I have a razer black widow ultimate and I am very satisfied with it, even though its loud as fuck I still love it.

Forum Sage

Nice, I like them but I don't think they come with red switches. I'd buy another version of mine but I don't fancy spending 150 on a keyboard for work

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    How are you finding the world of mechanical keyboards? Hard to go back right? I'm debating buying another 'cheap' QPAD one for work
    It's not that it's hard to go back to, it's a world of difference and my typing speed is quite a lot faster now. In fact it's so much faster now I that I can't think fast enough and start making errors! I'm still training my fingers again to work with a mechanical keyboard and will probably take a good many months to properly readjust to a typewriter like way but my goodness never ever again a dome.

Thread Information