Latest PSU headlines:

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,766
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    38,859 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style

    Elder Scrolls Online: Character Customisation

    Elder Scrolls Online' Shows Off Its Character Creator




    I may still be skeptical of the existence of The Elder Scrolls Online, the MMO no one really asked for, but I’m glad to see they’re putting a lot of effort into an aspect of the game I care a lot about: the character creator.

    MMOs, generally speaking, have pretty bad character creation systems. The best I’ve seen has probably been that of EVE Online (a game where you almost never see your character) or APB (a game where the character creator was literally the only redeeming thing about it). The worst? I still can’t get past how horrible GTA Online’s has been, forcing you to mash up tiny pictures of your parents and grandparents to create a face for you character that has a 10% chance to just be plain old ugly, and a 90% chance to look like a swamp mutant. No wonder everyone in the game wears masks.

    But in this two minute video demonstrating the various ins and out of the Elder Scrolls Online system, it seems they’ve come up with something on the good end of MMO creators, and certainly the best I’ve seen in any Elder Scrolls game to date, even Skyrim.

    The key is in the range of options. Too many games have you stuck to a few face archetypes of a body somewhere in between “Olympian fit” and “superheroic.” In Elder Scrolls Online, you can be tall, short, ripped, chubby, and anything in between. Facial mixing seems to create a diverse set of options as well, and even individual body pieces like shoulders or hands are able to be altered.

    And of course, Elder Scrolls has the task of doing all this with a collection of different races, rather than just humans. I like the new looks of the Argonians and the Khajit, especially compared to past games.

    Watch the video led by ESO design director Jared Carr below. All this said, I’m still not convinced that ESO is a good idea, or will be a success, but at least the character creator means things will start off well.

    Source:http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...acter-creator/

    The character customisation looks pretty cool.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  2. #2
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,784
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    11,882 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Out of everything they have shown the character creation is the only thing that has me interested. It will be the hightlight of the game lol.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  3. #3
    Dedicated Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,353
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    4,967 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    ^Can't wait for the Elder Scrolls VI

    Wishlist: inFAMOUS, SotC 2, Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2, next Obsidian Fallout, Fallout 4, Project Eternity, ND's PS4 game
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  4. #4
    Supreme Veteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,585
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    168 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    looks detailed and nice


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.