Playstation Camera Games - what has confirmed support

Hi

Has anyone got a list of games that support or use the PS Camera?

Is it really just Driveclub and Playroom or are there others?

Thanks!

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I have not got a list of games but would be interested to know whether the PS4 camera is like the Kinect? I.E: Can it do what the Kinect does?

PSU Live Streamer
    If there is one thing Sony has done wrong with the ps4 marketing (in my opinion), it's that they haven't been showcasing the abilities of the camera. The only demos I've found for it is playroom demos. Neat/cool? sure. But it's not enough. Not when there are tweets and news articles out there indicating it has voice functionality and facial tracking. Apparently it knows how to capture just your face and post it into the corner of the screen during game streams and whatnot.

These are all features I want to see explained better. I'm on the fence about whether or not to purchase this product and I've been given no concrete examples as to why I should own it.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    I have not got a list of games but would be interested to know whether the PS4 camera is like the Kinect? I.E: Can it do what the Kinect does?
    Maybe not everything but if you're talking about stuff like voice command then yes it does.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    If there is one thing Sony has done wrong with the ps4 marketing (in my opinion), it's that they haven't been showcasing the abilities of the camera. The only demos I've found for it is playroom demos. Neat/cool? sure. But it's not enough. Not when there are tweets and news articles out there indicating it has voice functionality and facial tracking. Apparently it knows how to capture just your face and post it into the corner of the screen during game streams and whatnot.

These are all features I want to see explained better. I'm on the fence about whether or not to purchase this product and I've been given no concrete examples as to why I should own it.
    I completely agree!
    When someone like you that's well educated in gaming and has done your own research and still doesn't have enough info to make you want one, then how the hell is the average consumer/parent going to know if they or they're kids even want one?
    I think it has potential. Especially with the light bar combo that hasn't even been demonstrated beyond the Playrooms menu, which is far from impressive since it only makes the menu move around quite unnecessarily with the controllers movement. I think the light bar could be used in really unique subtle ways, like maybe as an example in a 2D platformer if you jump onto a floating platform you hold a button while standing on it and raise the controller slowly to raise the platform enough to jump to the next level.
    I know that's a dumb example but in small ways like that, that aren't to gimmicky could work really well IMO.
    But I'm just hoping that the first devs to start using it don't set some bad trends in using the light bar. Same goes for the touchpad too. But I know both can be utilized properly and in ways that benefit gameplay instead of hinder it. Will just have to wait and see. The wait is getting smaller! Just over 3 weeks away!
    Last edited by TEST SUBJECT 83; 10-21-2013 at 19:11.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Maybe not everything but if you're talking about stuff like voice command then yes it does.
    Thanks, I know it does voice command and sounds like it does facial tracking but like it's already been said in the reply above there are no proper video's showing the exact capabilities that it has, I like the idea of it but until I really know for sure if it's Sony's version of a Kinect then I see no reason to take the plunge. In an ideal world they have done away with the PS Move and released something that can AT LEAST compete with it!!

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What does Kinect do that is different?
    PS4 camera has a few benefits over kinect such as having two cameras giving it the ability to shoot in 3D.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    What does Kinect do that is different?
    PS4 camera has a few benefits over kinect such as having two cameras giving it the ability to shoot in 3D.
    I did read that somewhere as well but the main question I suppose it will you be able to play games with it like you can do on the Kinect? For Example Kinect sports but for the PS4 instead?

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I did read that somewhere as well but the main question I suppose it will you be able to play games with it like you can do on the Kinect? For Example Kinect sports but for the PS4 instead?
    Without Move you mean?
    Not sure, guess it'll be up to the devs and what they want to achieve.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Without Move you mean?
    Not sure, guess it'll be up to the devs and what they want to achieve.
    Yeah that's it, I can't find anything anywhere that says the new PS4 camera does the same things that the Kinect does! I really hope so as I love the idea and practicality of the Kinect but don't want the Xbox that comes with it!

Thread Information