Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Hi HellsJester and N0REGARD4LIFE,

Thanks, but this model was announced way back in mid 2012, right? How's this compared to the BenQ XL2411T.

Pardon me for asking, my 40inch EX520 can display 1080p but probably lose out on refresh rate? Or not?
    Last edited by emerald.; 11-06-2013 at 02:31.

PSN ID
    Twisted-_-Soul-
    I got a 27in Samsung SyncMaster S27B350 in prep for the PS4. I think you can get a refurbished one from tiger direct for less then 250.
    Last edited by Twisted-_-Soul-; 11-06-2013 at 02:26.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    After gaming on a 60", I can't really go back to a monitor. 0_o
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    After gaming on a 60", I can't really go back to a monitor. 0_o
    that's so dirty.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    that's so dirty.
    You betcha.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

PSN ID
    G_Hartley_
    Im Still looking/Holding out for monitor.. Damn you PS4. My Wallet is pretty light right now

Else, can you guys advise if the Sony EX520 is sufficient for the PS4?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald. View Post
    Else, can you guys advise if the Sony EX520 is sufficient for the PS4?
    Seems like a good TV to me.

Forum Overseer
    Is a Bravia LED TV good for next-gen? Not sure if serious.

It's a Bravia, the only thing you can do wrong there is pay a lot of money for it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Is a Bravia LED TV good for next-gen? Not sure if serious.

It's a Bravia, the only thing you can do wrong there is pay a lot of money for it.
    I think he was fishing for compliments to justify the purchase or something.

11. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    lol ahhh.

I think he was fishing for compliments to justify the purchase or something.
    Cmon cut me some slack.

Haha, im really contemplating on a new monitor / TV.

Administrator

TV or Monitor for PS4?

Quote Originally Posted by emerald. View Post
    Cmon cut me some slack.

Haha, im really contemplating on a new monitor / TV.
    Well if you weren't fishing, that's an excellent TV!

Well if you weren't fishing, that's an excellent TV!
    Alright then, in that case i'll hold on the thought, and be contented with the EX520 and see how it performs with the console.

Thanks!

Administrator
    I think you'll enjoy the Sony Bravia. It's a solid TV.
    Last edited by Brandon; 11-07-2013 at 07:53.

I think you'll enjoy the Sony Bravia. It's a solid TV.
    Yeah, imo the panel is nice, and it's matte.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    It ARRIVED!!!

Hello Itachi.

I signed up specifically to ask you a few questions regarding your new monitor. The Asus MX279H to be exact.

You see, i'm also looking for a monitor for the upcoming consoles but it's proving to be more difficult to find an ideal one for myself than i previously imagined lol...

How's your new monitor treating you so far by the way? Do you have any regrets buying it or is it everything you'd hoped for?

Does it ever get blurry/fuzzy when you play a game. Is it sharp and colourful? For instance in the XMB menu and when you play 720p & 1080p games? Does it at anytime lose quality?

And finally do you prefer the larger 27" screen over the smaller 23.5" screen?

That's all. Sorry for the random message lol. I just want to be sure before i pull the trigger and purchase this monitor. Many thanks!
    Last edited by aRogue; 11-17-2013 at 09:43.

hmm im considering on a projector for my ps4.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rufftactics
    That Asus looking sexy. I use a small Vizio HDTV and I like it because it fits on my desk. I pretty much do everything from my desk so it works, but I may be looking into a LED monitor.

Untitled-2.jpg
    Last edited by dtownsboy; 11-13-2013 at 08:19.

PSN: RuffTactics
    Steam: RuffTactics
    Facebook

Like Hip-Hop Instrumentals? Check Out My Produced Music Below
    Produced By Rob.D

So i got the Asus MX279H a few days ago purely for console gaming. Hooked my PS3 up to it and it looked like garbage. The XMB menu and every single game looks like poo. Everything is blurry and jaggies are multiplied by 10fold especially when you get into a game. Yes the response time is amazing, but the graphics are pathetic. I've come to the conclusion that computer monitors are meant for computers... NOT FOR CONSOLES!!! Stick to big screen TV's gentlemen!

PS: I was lucky enough to return the screen with allmy money back yesterday. I was also wondering why Itachi wasn't replying to this thread and any of my PM's regarding this monitor. It all becomes clear now...

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by aRogue View Post
    So i got the Asus MX279H a few days ago purely for console gaming. Hooked my PS3 up to it and it looked like garbage. The XMB menu and every single game looks like poo. Everything is blurry and jaggies are multiplied by 10fold especially when you get into a game. Yes the response time is amazing, but the graphics are pathetic. I've come to the conclusion that computer monitors are meant for computers... NOT FOR CONSOLES!!! Stick to big screen TV's gentlemen!

PS: I was lucky enough to return the screen with allmy money back yesterday. I was also wondering why Itachi wasn't replying to this thread and any of my PM's regarding this monitor. It all becomes clear now...
    Monitors dont have graphics. Did you bother calibrating it? Itachi loves his.

PSN ID
    epicbloodline
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Yeah it was $350 but honestly its the best looking monitor I've seen after iMacs
    Better than BENQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartley001 View Post
    About 200. I didn't want anything bigger than 32, so maybe a 24/27" for my bedroom becaUse it's only small and I always sit close to the tv. 2/3 feet away. Only way I can get in the zone.
    I have a 32" 720p HDTV and I sit just about 2 to 3 (max) feet away, typically 2.3 feet is optimal for me. Any further and it just doesn't feel right for gaming (works for movies though). I honestly don't know how a bigger set, like a 42" and above, would work for me as I like to sit close.

However if you are using a 22" 720p HDTV, and are used to that, I suggest a 24" 1080p monitor. You can get some pretty dang good ones for under $200 too. And monitors blow away HDTV's by far too, as they are meant to be extremely detailed while sitting really close

Asus monitors I have found to be pretty decent, and they are priced right too.

For example: http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS248H-P-...1080p++monitor

Got this for a customer and it is a very nice monitor. 1080p, 50 million:1 contrast ratio (likely exaggerated, but still impressive), LED backlight, 2ms refresh rate and under $200.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Monitors dont have graphics. Did you bother calibrating it? Itachi loves his.
    When you say calibrating, do you mean bumping up the sharpness, contrast and so on, on the monitor? If so, then yeah i fiddled with all of the settings and nothing made it look even remotely better.

I think it has to do with console scalers and monitors not having decent in-built scalers. TV's on the other hand do, consoles will look more crisp and clear on a 80inch TV when compared to a 24" top of the line monitor, because of the TV having much better in-built scaling software/hardware.
    Last edited by aRogue; 11-24-2013 at 13:30.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I have been using a 24" Samsung LCD Monitor for the past 3 years or so. It is quite good Monitor, but i'm not sure if it's necessary or will it make that much differnce if i upgraded to LED, What do you guys think ?!

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Thread Information