Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 129
  1. #51
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by aRogue View Post
    So i got the Asus MX279H a few days ago purely for console gaming. Hooked my PS3 up to it and it looked like garbage. The XMB menu and every single game looks like poo. Everything is blurry and jaggies are multiplied by 10fold especially when you get into a game. Yes the response time is amazing, but the graphics are pathetic. I've come to the conclusion that computer monitors are meant for computers... NOT FOR CONSOLES!!! Stick to big screen TV's gentlemen!

    PS: I was lucky enough to return the screen with allmy money back yesterday. I was also wondering why Itachi wasn't replying to this thread and any of my PM's regarding this monitor. It all becomes clear now...
    I have no idea what I just read. lol

    The monitor has a "gaming mode" though I don't run it because it limits the colour depth to decrease response time even further. I haven't noticed any of the problems you mention. Visible Aliasing should have gone DOWN due to higher pixel density not increased as you say. The fact that you say "everything is blurry" implies you might have been playing on a native 720p TV before this, so ofcourse this monitor will stretch a 720p image to 1080p. The colours also look warmer than my TV on default settings (which is a plus in my book). Monitors inherently require the user to sit closer to the screen so maybe that's why you thought aliasing has increased

    I've never used a console with a monitor before, so I'm basically a noob where monitors are concerned (this is my first asus product). All I can say is I have no regrets whatsoever

    I only bothered checking this thread today cuz I thought other people might have questions about this monitor. Guess I was right. Sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience
    Last edited by Itachi; 11-24-2013 at 17:27.

  2. Likes HellsJester likes this post
  3. #52
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    This monitor is awesome for being a computer monitor but when hooked up to a console, everything looks terrible. The thing is that no matter what monitor you use, the picture quality will always be $#@!e when compared to a TV. I've been gaming on 46" Full HD 1080p LED Bravia for the past few years. It's got to do with the scalers in the TV and Monitor with TV scalers being miles ahead and better than monitor scalers. It's a shame really, because i really did love the response time on this monitor.

  4. #53
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by aRogue View Post
    This monitor is awesome for being a computer monitor but when hooked up to a console, everything looks terrible. The thing is that no matter what monitor you use, the picture quality will always be $#@!e when compared to a TV. I've been gaming on 46" Full HD 1080p LED Bravia for the past few years. It's got to do with the scalers in the TV and Monitor with TV scalers being miles ahead and better than monitor scalers. It's a shame really, because i really did love the response time on this monitor.
    The thing is, I bought it for next gen when 1080p will be the general standard, so they is no image scaling to begin with. Even then both consoles have built in hardware scalers this time don't they?

  5. #54
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    265 (0 Banked)
    I'm not sure, i haven't seen anything on the web regarding in-built scalers within the PS4 and Xbone. I hope so, but i doubt it.

  6. #55
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    7,966 (0 Banked)
    Just ordered this for the bedroom:

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...uctInformation

    Didn't need a screen with a tuner, all the inputs are HDMI (Sky HD/PS4/PS3) and it was cheaper than an equivalent 26 inch regular HDTV. Bonus is its got speakers built in as well. Will post here once I pick it up, hook it up and give my impressions..

  7. #56
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    May 2013
    PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    3,001 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Just ordered this for the bedroom:

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...uctInformation

    Didn't need a screen with a tuner, all the inputs are HDMI (Sky HD/PS4/PS3) and it was cheaper than an equivalent 26 inch regular HDTV. Bonus is its got speakers built in as well. Will post here once I pick it up, hook it up and give my impressions..
    Nice one Malt. Please do as I'm on the lookout myself.

  8. #57
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    7,966 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Nice one Malt. Please do as I'm on the lookout myself.
    Will do! That one is on sale at the minute, 299 down to 189.

  9. #58
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    24
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    7
    Points
    3,073 (0 Banked)
    I currently use my 42" tv but considering hooking it up to my 24" monitor at some point to see what it's like. I have Turtle Beach XP500 so no worry about speakers lol.

  10. #59
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    May 2013
    PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    3,001 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Just ordered this for the bedroom:

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...uctInformation

    Didn't need a screen with a tuner, all the inputs are HDMI (Sky HD/PS4/PS3) and it was cheaper than an equivalent 26 inch regular HDTV. Bonus is its got speakers built in as well. Will post here once I pick it up, hook it up and give my impressions..
    Hey Malt. How's the monitor mate?

  11. #60
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    24
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    7
    Points
    3,073 (0 Banked)
    Ok so 2nd day playing on my 24" from 42" and gotta say I prefer the smaller monitor!

  12. #61
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    7,966 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Hey Malt. How's the monitor mate?
    Picked it up today as it goes, had an email saying it was in store this morning.. Was surprised that it came with a TV tuner built it, it wasn't advertised as having one in the catalogue. Suppose its a bonus, even though I'll probably never use it! lol Picture quality seems good, (1080p) and I'm impressed with the audio. Has HDMI, component, Scart, USB and DVI inputs as well as a separate input for the audio when you're using DVI. For the price I doubt you'd get a similar sized normal TV of the same quality, I haven't seen one anyway. I'm afraid I can't really give you an in depth technical review type answer because I'm not all that clued up TV's. While it won't be replacing my 37" lounge TV as my main gaming display, it will be more than adequate for the times I want to bugger off into the bedroom with the playstation or to watch a bit of Tv when the wife is watching her crap on the main TV..

    Specs from the manufacturer:

    http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/p.../LT27B300EW/EN
    Last edited by Malt; 12-11-2013 at 22:20.

  13. #62
    Apprentice
    MLG221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    608 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I find monitors give a better picture and response times than TVs but you are limited on size and would have to buy a separate pair of speakers (if you don't own those already)
    You can get monitors as big as 46" buts its at a price

  14. #63
    Newbie
    Kellyizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    358 (0 Banked)
    Hey,

    I have a question that I have seen a lot of people ask over the last couple of weeks, which PC monitor to purchase for the Playstation 4. I have researched it quite a bit but I am still not sure what to do with regard my purchase. Each time I think I have found the one for me, someone mentions something that puts me off and back to square one. I have played a PS3 on a 6 year old Sony 27inch 1080i LCD screen for years and definitely noticed the difficulties my TV had in giving the best picture possible. Nonetheless I still thoroughly enjoyed playing on it regardless of the TV’s shortcomings. So I’m not looking for the absolute best screen you can buy because I’m sure most of the options I have will beat my old TV in every regard.

    I want a monitor because I don’t watch TV, don’t have the space for a large TV, don’t want to spend the money on a TV and I want to game at a desk. I am looking for a crisp and responsive picture with better colours than my 6 year old TV! Money isn’t a huge problem either. Reliable, 24inch, 1080p, good response time and HDMI is what I’m after.

    Here are the two monitors I keep returning to, and the questions I have about them.

    ASUS VG248QE:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-VG248QE.../dp/B00B19T7QC

    First of all I know the 144hz refresh rate is pointless for a PS4 and I have read how bad the colours are, but it fits my criteria! Here are my questions: will the screen having a refresh rate of 144hz have a negative affect if I were to use a PS4 with it? Are the colours going to be much worse than a 6 year old LCD?

    DELL S2440l:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2440L-Widescreen-Monitor-1920x1080/dp/B009HM55V6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1386854185&sr=1-1&keywords=dell+s2440l


    Again, this fits the bill. But one thing: the potential for reflections on the screen is a worry for me. Anybody have one care to chime in?

    I know there are a tonne of different screens I can consider and it is so hard to choose. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks

  15. #64
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyizer View Post
    Hey,

    I have a question that I have seen a lot of people ask over the last couple of weeks, which PC monitor to purchase for the Playstation 4. I have researched it quite a bit but I am still not sure what to do with regard my purchase. Each time I think I have found the one for me, someone mentions something that puts me off and back to square one. I have played a PS3 on a 6 year old Sony 27inch 1080i LCD screen for years and definitely noticed the difficulties my TV had in giving the best picture possible. Nonetheless I still thoroughly enjoyed playing on it regardless of the TV’s shortcomings. So I’m not looking for the absolute best screen you can buy because I’m sure most of the options I have will beat my old TV in every regard.

    I want a monitor because I don’t watch TV, don’t have the space for a large TV, don’t want to spend the money on a TV and I want to game at a desk. I am looking for a crisp and responsive picture with better colours than my 6 year old TV! Money isn’t a huge problem either. Reliable, 24inch, 1080p, good response time and HDMI is what I’m after.

    Here are the two monitors I keep returning to, and the questions I have about them.

    ASUS VG248QE:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-VG248QE.../dp/B00B19T7QC

    First of all I know the 144hz refresh rate is pointless for a PS4 and I have read how bad the colours are, but it fits my criteria! Here are my questions: will the screen having a refresh rate of 144hz have a negative affect if I were to use a PS4 with it? Are the colours going to be much worse than a 6 year old LCD?

    DELL S2440l:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2440L-Widescreen-Monitor-1920x1080/dp/B009HM55V6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1386854185&sr=1-1&keywords=dell+s2440l


    Again, this fits the bill. But one thing: the potential for reflections on the screen is a worry for me. Anybody have one care to chime in?

    I know there are a tonne of different screens I can consider and it is so hard to choose. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks
    I use Asus MX279H. Some of the best response time on the market for an IPS with great viewing viewing angles and colours (with matte screen)

  16. #65
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    PSN ID
    hugeassbers
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    350 (0 Banked)

    Asus MX279H and PS4

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    It ARRIVED!!!



    Hey Itachi,

    I finally saved enough money to purchase a Ps4 and an Asus MX279H from amazon. I was looking all over for preferred settings for the Ps4 and Asus combo and was wondering what custom settings you have used/tried for your moniter. I was previously using my main tv http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P65ST60 for ps3 (custom settings were easier to find online) but with 5 roomates its hard to actually find time to game on the main tv, thus the switch for personal use. If you could let me know your settings or point me in the right direction to find the right settings for my Ps4 and Asus it would be much appreciated.

    Thank you for your time,
    Joe

  17. #66
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by NEW2PS4 View Post
    Hey Itachi,

    I finally saved enough money to purchase a Ps4 and an Asus MX279H from amazon. I was looking all over for preferred settings for the Ps4 and Asus combo and was wondering what custom settings you have used/tried for your moniter. I was previously using my main tv http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P65ST60 for ps3 (custom settings were easier to find online) but with 5 roomates its hard to actually find time to game on the main tv, thus the switch for personal use. If you could let me know your settings or point me in the right direction to find the right settings for my Ps4 and Asus it would be much appreciated.

    Thank you for your time,
    Joe
    Hey Joe,
    The thing is I actually didn't mess with much of the settings. I did look through them, there's a "Gaming Mode" on the monitor that makes the response time even better albeit at the cost of some colour depth. Since I've never had issues with response times, I keep my settings at default. I'm not too picky about these things so I may not be the best person to ask. I got these shots for you as reference





    I run in standard mode and the only thing noticeable when switching between them is the color and brightness changes to the picture
    Last edited by Itachi; 02-13-2014 at 17:27.

  18. #67
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    PSN ID
    hugeassbers
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    350 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Hey Joe,
    The thing is I actually didn't mess with much of the settings. I did look through them, there's a "Gaming Mode" on the monitor that makes the response time even better albeit at the cost of some colour depth. Since I've never had issues with response times, I keep my settings at default. I'm not too picky about these things so I may not be the best person to ask. I got these shots for you as reference





    I run in standard mode and the only thing noticeable when switching between them is the color and brightness changes to the picture
    Hey Itachi,

    Thanks for getting back to me so fast and supplying pics for reference. I can't wait to try it out, only problem is snow delayed my delivery.

    Have a nice day
    Joe

  19. #68
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,313
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    117,878 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Joe doesn't know we spend our whole day here, 2 hours is not fast.

    er wait, maybe it's just me who spends their entire day here :/

  20. #69
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,828
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    38,432 (0 Banked)
    I've never played a console on a monitor. I might have to give it a try at some point. Think i'm getting a new 40 inch TV soon. The one i have now is 32 inches.


  21. #70
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    bobbybev95
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    373 (0 Banked)
    Itachi,

    I am looking for a monitor for my ps3 and ps4, especially because I started playing FPS games a lot more. I came across this monitor and heard mostly positive things. I just had some questions. Have you noticed any ghosting at all in fast motion games? How is the color? Is the input lag as small as they say? Whats your general overview and consensus on the monitor?

    Thanks for your help. I am coming from a 32" LG LED TV. I have no experience with monitors so that's why I'm trying to find out as much as I can.

    For reference, I am also looking at the ASUS VX238H, BENQ RL2455HM, Viewsonic 2452MH, and the AOC 2752She.

    Bobby

  22. #71
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    7,966 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Picked it up today as it goes, had an email saying it was in store this morning.. Was surprised that it came with a TV tuner built it, it wasn't advertised as having one in the catalogue. Suppose its a bonus, even though I'll probably never use it! lol Picture quality seems good, (1080p) and I'm impressed with the audio. Has HDMI, component, Scart, USB and DVI inputs as well as a separate input for the audio when you're using DVI. For the price I doubt you'd get a similar sized normal TV of the same quality, I haven't seen one anyway. I'm afraid I can't really give you an in depth technical review type answer because I'm not all that clued up TV's. While it won't be replacing my 37" lounge TV as my main gaming display, it will be more than adequate for the times I want to bugger off into the bedroom with the playstation or to watch a bit of Tv when the wife is watching her crap on the main TV..

    Specs from the manufacturer:

    http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/p.../LT27B300EW/EN
    Spent a fair bit of time playing on this using the PS4 now, and after my experiences on it I would totally recommend it if anybody was considering getting one. The image seems sharper and more defined - the guns on battlefield 4 seem to have more shine and everything just seems better defined. Whether that's down to there being the same number of pixels on the screen as my 37" LG main TV but smaller or the screen is just better I can't say. There is no ghosting or input lag, even in normal mode. I haven't played FIFA or any other sports game on it yet though, I tend to find that's where you notice lag when you have a fast moving ball going across the screen.

  23. #72
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,345
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    31,488 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybev95 View Post
    Itachi,

    I am looking for a monitor for my ps3 and ps4, especially because I started playing FPS games a lot more. I came across this monitor and heard mostly positive things. I just had some questions. Have you noticed any ghosting at all in fast motion games? How is the color? Is the input lag as small as they say? Whats your general overview and consensus on the monitor?

    Thanks for your help. I am coming from a 32" LG LED TV. I have no experience with monitors so that's why I'm trying to find out as much as I can.

    For reference, I am also looking at the ASUS VX238H, BENQ RL2455HM, Viewsonic 2452MH, and the AOC 2752She.

    Bobby
    I'm really sorry but I don't really notice things like ghosting or input lag all that well. I'm quite oblivious when it comes to monitors and their technicalities. I had no complaints with it but someone else who bought it in this thread thought it wasn't good. Guess it depends on what you want

  24. #73
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    May 2013
    PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    3,001 (0 Banked)
    Hey guys. Decided I want to get a monitor now to play games on. Any suggestions for a good one around the 100 region please. .just to play ps4 on.

    Thanks

  25. #74
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    24
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    7
    Points
    3,073 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Hey guys. Decided I want to get a monitor now to play games on. Any suggestions for a good one around the 100 region please. .just to play ps4 on.

    Thanks
    At that price anything you buy wont be amazing to be honest so any 24" monitor around that price will do the job..

  26. #75
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    7,966 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Hey guys. Decided I want to get a monitor now to play games on. Any suggestions for a good one around the 100 region please. .just to play ps4 on.

    Thanks
    Think this is the 22" version of mine:

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...uctInformation

    Little bit over your 100 but if its anything like mine it will be good. It all depends on how close you intend on sitting to it. Argos have quite a few monitors on their website..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.