Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wonder if that was the real PS4 boot sequence.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Been with PlayStation since 97.
    $#@! im old!

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Been with PlayStation since 1999~ Never led me wrong, always had great games to play.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Anyone know what the name of the song is?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Anyone know what the name of the song is?
    Written and produced by Good Blood. Will be live next week apparently.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Games world was where it was at..big boy barry n all that...

Praetor Illuminatus
    The 90s were awesome! That commercial reminded me of warm fuzzy things. Like putties!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    I wonder if that was the real PS4 boot sequence.

I don't know for sure but I'm 98% sure of myself that it will be!!

Been a Playstation gamer since the beginning however before Playstation came into the family of video games there was Sega and Nintendo

my timeline of consoles in order...

MASTER SYSTEM > SNES> MEGADRIVE > PS ONE > N64 > DREAMCAST > PS2 > GAMECUBE > Wii > PS3 > Wii U > PS4 (soon)

PS3 Initially had so many disasters, with slow tricky games development, NO RUMBLE, the fact that it cost $999 Australian dollars WTF!! Sony took probably the biggest risk in video games history with the PS3, it's great to see it pay off in the end it's kind of a Cinderella story in a way but just looking back I thought Sony was in a lot of trouble when I first bought a PS3, my original PS3 didn't last but I bought a PS3 slim and haven't looked back.... it's great to see the PS3 end this generation on a good successful note.
    Last edited by chriharr; 10-22-2013 at 16:30.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

9. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83, MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    I don't know who Sony hired for advertising, but they're good. I have to give Sony a lot of credit.

I didn't become a fan until 2000 when the PS2 launched. During the 32/64 bit era, I was an N64 fan. In fact, I used to be big Nintendo fan. The N64 didn't disappoint me, but I knew the PlayStation brand had taken over the industry at that point. Sony wowed me with the PS2 and I've never looked back.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Apprentice

Copied From Other Thread

------------------------------------

No system start up will ever beat the PS1. I still remember my friends older brother buying a PS, having a job helped. Battle Arena Toshinden was so amazing, oh the graphics! I liked Tekken more then, but Toshinden I saw first. The thing that makes me sad about this video is how long ago those memories are and that the simple days are gone. Hearing those game sounds takes you back, I can literally remember where I was when I played them.

------------------------------------

I also remember how sweet it was being a member of the PlayStation Underground and would spend hours on the discs trying to find hidden videos and demos.

12. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    First Playstation games ever were Crash Bandicoot, Tekken 2, and Resident Evil. All of which were awesome and a major leap from anything the SNES and Genesis could have given me. Metal Gear Solid blew me away with it's release. It was way ahead of it's time. I played the jampack disk with the MGS demo on it to death up until I bought the full game. To this day the PS1 is probably the one I love the most. PS2 is a strong close second.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicnuke View Post
    I also remember how sweet it was being a member of the PlayStation Underground and would spend hours on the discs trying to find hidden videos and demos.
    Ahhh, yes! The Playstation Underground discs! I still have a few of those floating around my house, I even fired one up on my PS3 not too long ago just for old times sake, it is amazing how much stuff has changed over the years, but it brought back some great memories! I still remember this hidden video from the Vol 1, Disc 1 of the Playstation Underground disc!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    First Playstation games ever were Crash Bandicoot, Tekken 2, and Resident Evil. All of which were awesome and a major leap from anything the SNES and Genesis could have given me. Metal Gear Solid blew me away with it's release. It was way ahead of it's time. I played the jampack disk with the MGS demo on it to death up until I bought the full game. To this day the PS1 is probably the one I love the most. PS2 is a strong close second.
    Hey Unicron, nice to see you around.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Ahhh, yes! The Playstation Underground discs! I still have a few of those floating around my house, I even fired one up on my PS3 not too long ago just for old times sake, it is amazing how much stuff has changed over the years, but it brought back some great memories! I still remember this hidden video from the Vol 1, Disc 1 of the Playstation Underground disc!

Yeah, I remember other artists, like Genuine, Soul Asylum and my first glimpse of Our Lady Peace on those discs. It's funny with the video you posted, even if you didn't know them (The Urge), you can tell the era just by the video, lol. I also got my first taste of Spyro and Blasto from hidden demos on those discs. I think I was only subscribed through the first two issues/seasons, maybe more, but i definitely know I wasn't subscribed during the PS2 when they were still publishing the Underground.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Battle arena toshinden? One of the first titles released. So bad it was good...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    THose PS Underground guys must've been nuts. Easter eggs are fun, but not fun enough for me to go looking!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    THose PS Underground guys must've been nuts. Easter eggs are fun, but not fun enough for me to go looking!
    The First Rule of PlayStation Underground, you don't talk about PlayStation Underground.
    The Second Rule of PlayStation Underground, you don't talk about PlayStation Underground.
    The Third Rule of PlayStation Underground, hit random button sequences on every menu, even when the system is off.
    The Fourth Rule of PlayStation Underground, don't look at the clock, you'll only wonder why you wasted so much time.

There was a clause that you could talk about it after the Underground was no longer underground, hence this post.

20. Likes x_terna, MonkeyClaw, Admartian likes this post

Thread Information