Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

Edge: Xbox One A Contender Again

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-...ntender-again/

"Microsoft’s exclusives are more convincing than anything Sony has shown on PS4 to date. Killzone is no Halo; DriveClub, now delayed, never looked like measuring up to Forza; and Dead Rising 3 now looks like a smarter bet for open-world mayhem than Second Son.

Even a second-tier title like Ryse makes a stronger case for its host hardware’s graphical capabilities, at least, than anything set for PS4’s launch day, while no next-generation multiplayer game can match "

"We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

2. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    good for that author, killzone is better then halo, i think halo is boring (except the first one which was awesome). forza is a glorified gran turismo rip off, and comparing dead rising 3 to infamous second son? yeah, apparently he hasn't seen the gameplay of second son, it looks far better the DR

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol good for edge, they sure like dem clicks

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    EDGE are such trolls, I swear.

-Killzone is a launch game. We've only seen a pre-rendered trailer of Halo 5. Not a fair comparison.

-Dead Rising and inFamous are two very different games. Zombie hordes VS super powers.

-And Ryse is definitely not the undisputed graphics champ at launch. Killzone may not have the same facial animations, but it's more impressive in other ways.

With that said, things are definitely looking up for the Xbox One. Microsoft was wise to make those changes.

Praetor Illumintus
    That truly seems strange. On top of the disadvantage in price, there are also a lot fewer games announced for the Xbox One. When you add the performance gap into the equation, it is incredibly hard to see why anyone would go so far as to say it has the edge. MS has come a long way from when they first announced this console, but to say they are in a position of leadership would be rather far fetched.

7. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

-Killzone is a launch game. We've only seen a pre-rendered trailer of Halo 5. Not a fair comparison.

-Dead Rising and inFamous are two very different games. Zombie hordes VS super powers.

-And Ryse is definitely not the undisputed graphics champ at launch. Killzone may not have the same facial animations, but it's more impressive in other ways.

With that said, things are definitely looking up for the Xbox One. Microsoft was wise to make those changes.

This is all more xbox fan talk.

From what I hear on various random people I meet and talk to... it's 5:1 in favor of PS4 here in Maryland, Baltimore metro area.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

It's not Halo 5, it is another game in the Halo series.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    it's one thing to be fanboys about a system, hell i fully admit to being a playstation fanboy, but to have a whole publications staff be biased to one system, that is bad
    Last edited by JDizzleNO1; 10-22-2013 at 05:07.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    DR3 over Second Son. I was tempted to agree untill that was stated (then again The Crew = arcady whioe Forza is a sim) = trolls
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    It's not Halo 5, it is another game in the Halo series.
    How do you know? where are you getting your info on Halo NEXT?

Sent from the Warlock
    Last edited by D3seeker; 10-22-2013 at 05:28.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    They're not really biased, didn't they have an article about the ps4 and then the cover of the magazine? Like I said they love to rile up both groups and watch the traffic build

13. Likes EHY893, Ixion , K2D , JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Praetor Illuminatus
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    it's one thing to be fanboys about a system, hell i fully admit to being a playstation fanboy, but to have a whole publications staff be biased to one system, that is bad
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Edge the magazine that posted "PS4 is your next console" a few months back? Then again, a lot has changed since then.

15. Likes EHY893, Shingo , JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illuminatus View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Edge the magazine that posted "PS4 is your next console" a few months back? Then again, a lot has changed since then.
    They're not really biased, didn't they have an article about the ps4 and then the cover of the magazine? Like I said they love to rile up both groups and watch the traffic build
    i must have missed it, but if so then i take my comment up there back about the whole edge publication staff being biased. oops!!!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illuminatus View Post
    Exactly they did have the front cover.

What else has changed though? Drive club delayed...watch dogs as well. What else? Genuine question by the way

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    DR3 over Second Son. I was tempted to agree untill that was stated (then again The Crew = arcady whioe Forza is a sim) = trolls

How do you know? where are you getting your info on Halo NEXT?

Sent from the Warlock
    http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_5

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_%28Xbox_One%29

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Reclaimer_Saga

Edit: Post 7570

19. Likes D3seeker likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Funny. Where MS already showed everything they got till Christmas 2014, Sony on the other hand has only showed what they will release in the Launch window. To say that MS exclusive are better then Sony except that Sony has not reveal all their exclusive that are in development is kinda lame.

But i can understand MS. It´s time to catch up as fast as possible so spitting out money on magazines and telling lies in full swing (all the DF articles from Leadbetter for example) seems the easiest way to get some preorders back.

On top of that, MS admit that their DRM plans was to future proof to be understood from all the stupid gamers. So in the long run it will return. Thanks Obama.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Here, right now, Microsoft has an edge. The £80 price disparity between the two consoles will be a decision maker for many, but for others, Microsoft’s exclusives are more convincing than anything Sony has shown on PS4 to date. Killzone is no Halo; DriveClub, now delayed, never looked like measuring up to Forza; and Dead Rising 3 now looks like a smarter bet for open-world mayhem than Second Son.

Even a second-tier title like Ryse makes a stronger case for its host hardware’s graphical capabilities, at least, than anything set for PS4’s launch day, while no next-generation multiplayer game can match Respawn’s work on Titanfall – an exclusive secured with Microsoft’s financial backing, and a game utterly reliant on the company’s cloud to synchronise its AI and provide dedicated servers as and when needed. Microsoft’s own studios and its willingness to open its chequebook has ensured that Xbox One has 12 months’ worth of exclusives that stand against the best ever seen in a launch year.
    These two paragraphs kind of irked me, but apart from that it was a good read. MS panic mode has indeed helped them back on track.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Power Member
    Items User name style

Edge: Xbox One A Contender Again

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illumintus View Post
    That truly seems strange. On top of the disadvantage in price, there are also a lot fewer games announced for the Xbox One. When you add the performance gap into the equation, it is incredibly hard to see why anyone would go so far as to say it has the edge. MS has come a long way from when they first announced this console, but to say they are in a position of leadership would be rather far fetched.
    While I would hardly call MS in a position of leadership, they have a lot more retail, fully realised console games at launch than Sony.
    Indie games are fine but really they aren't the games you use to show of your brand new console. A lot rests on Knack and Shadowfalls shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Superior Member
    Apparently no praise for the Xbox One shall be tolerated here I see.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Apparently no praise for the Xbox One shall be tolerated here I see.
    Awww come on, he says nothing on PS4 launch wise can compare graphically to the second tier Ryse.

Killzone???

Compares Apples to Oranges.

Titanfall has to get a mention even though its not released until???

Pure fanboyism that article is...

Sent via Xperia B6000 Tapatalk
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    @GreatSpaceKoaster: Finished reading the thread yet? No one is denying MS is a contender. The author of that article sure loves riling it up though.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    While I would hardly call MS in a position of leadership, they have a lot more retail, fully realised console games at launch than Sony.
    Indie games are fine but really they aren't the games you use to show of your brand new console. A lot rests on Knack and Shadowfalls shoulders.

Lol yea but it says something when they decided to reveal the console with tv tv tv snap, football tv tv water cooler...

All of a sudden multiplatforms don't matter any more? Got it

I'm pretty sure if cod or bf4 sells better on the ps4, that'll be a pretty big win for Sony

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 10-22-2013 at 11:51.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    @GreatSpaceKoaster: Finished reading the thread yet? No one is denying MS is a contender. The author of that article sure loves riling it up though.
    ... and that's exactly what Edge does lol. That's what they want to do. Brand eccentric sites usually get riled up when that brand isn't promoted "properly". So, an Xbox site would be praising this; while at the same time a PS site wouldn't be pitchforking with torches.

It goes both ways. Edge is finding their senses when the shoe is put on the other foot, so to speak.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I like the article's title better:

The power of the crowd: how critical and consumer feedback made Xbox One a contender again.

My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

29. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Aren't you forgetting:
    • Planetside 2 - already has a massive following
    • War Thunder - haven't played this yet but heard it's popular
    • DC Universe Online - also has a massive following
    • Warframe - again another with a pretty big following

It's not just Knack and Killzone. It seems Edge have forgotten about these titles and Microsoft are not getting a piece of that pie. Sure they'll have World of Tanks but that game has been in a decline recently due to the "pay to win" scenario they've been adding to it recently.

Planetside 2 on the PS4 though I know is going to be absolutely huge!

Praetor Illuminatus

Well.. Even the WiiU sold out at launch. I've never seen a match of Chess won in the first move.

When you stop and think about it, Xbox One's launch lineup doesn't really even catch up XBox owners to what has come out on the PS3 all year long in terms of exclusives. No one seems to want to talk about that, though.
    Last edited by Praetor Illuminatus; 10-22-2013 at 15:54.

32. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83, D3seeker, Cuguy likes this post

Thread Information