Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Super Elite
    Yuppies lol best way of putting it
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I never do any business with bestbuy. They are very anti-consumer. Has anyone been into bestbuy recently? it's a big yuppie fest in there.
    I do a lot of stuff with Best Buy. I've never had any problems with them. Whoever else goes in there, making it a "yuppie fest" doesn't concern me at all. I go in there to do my business, not worry about who else is in there.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    target should get sued for this a class action lawsuit.if this was me i would sue there butts off
    I am going to assume you have never looked up what attorneys charge

Regardless I am sure target and every other online retailer had attorneys create their legal disclaimer allowing them to alter or cancel your order for any reason. It would cost a lot less money to buy a PS4 from ebay for $1,000 than to hire an attorney for anything.

Elite Member
    in the last 10 years, are you kidding me? It certainly has changed from 10 years ago. While it does still carry kitchen appliances it's mainly apple products and HDTV's. The entire setup of BB has changed very much, lower on the PC consumers while rasing up the apple products. now it's basically separate booths in the store. You have your Apple Kiosk along with other company kiosks which they never had 7,8,9 years ago.

Yes, it's all yuppies. I went in BestBuy like a week ago to find some Chess software and of course their PC area shrunk so dramatically, I really don't see a purpose going in there anymore at all unless BestBuy is the only store within 20 miles from anyplace else. lol
    As I previously said, not much has changed besides what they stock, which you reiterated. PC's are a dying breed so they are going to stock less of it. Apple products sell, which is why they carry it. If you want PC parts and software go to Micro Center.

I worked at Best Buy in the car audio department like 13 years ago. Overall the store has not changed much overall.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    As I previously said, not much has changed besides what they stock, which you reiterated. PC's are a dying breed so they are going to stock less of it. Apple products sell, which is why they carry it. If you want PC parts and software go to Micro Center.

I worked at Best Buy in the car audio department like 13 years ago. Overall the store has not changed much overall.
    It's still a yuppie store, no matter how you try to justify it. yuppies.

I know where to get PC's (I build my own), games, etc etc I was hoping it would be faster getting it through bestbuy by a slight chance they may have houdini 3 or Deep Rybka Aquarium. I've been gaming well over 12+ years on computers, I am no stranger to computers, parts, games, etc etc. LOL

just because you worked at bestbuy 13 years ago doesn't mean anything. I was in there not long ago and I notice a difference. I also remember when BestBuy tried to sell guitars and music equipment with a horrible markup on them. sorry bub, it's a yuppie store. Just because a person goes into it doesn't actually make them a yuppie but it's certainly catered to yuppies.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 10-22-2013 at 23:05.

Elite Member
    It's still a yuppie store, no matter how you try to justify it. yuppies.

I know where to get PC's (I build my own), games, etc etc I was hoping it would be faster getting it through bestbuy by a slight chance they may have houdini 3 or Deep Rybka Aquarium. I've been gaming well over 12+ years on computers, I am no stranger to computers, parts, games, etc etc. LOL

just because you worked at bestbuy 13 years ago doesn't mean anything. I was in there not long ago and I notice a difference. I also remember when BestBuy tried to sell guitars and music equipment with a horrible markup on them. sorry bub, it's a yuppie store. Just because a person goes into it doesn't actually make them a yuppie but it's certainly catered to yuppies.
    I get it now. Computer gamers are always a bunch of dorky whiners. Because they don't carry some games nobody has ever heard of, it must be filled with yuppies. Go to Micro Center to buy computer crap.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Target will pay for this regardless.... either in physical store damage... or customers getting angry enough to boycott their products online, through flyers... doing rallies outside stores etc.... trust me they will pay.

If Target Australia did this they would be out of business within a week, customers in Australia wouldn't stand for it, things would change very quickly... in just a few short hours they would compensate customers with extra enticements.

This reminds me of the crap that one American retailer pulled in the PS3 launch when they told customers that the first 20 people that make it to the door get a PS3 and the rest miss out... so what happened... literally dozens of people got injured and many people went home without a PS3.... Life is a rat race... but it shouldn't happen in retail EVER! it's playing on peoples fears and emotions.

They should honour the bundles, take off the extra money for the game, and just turn it into a console preorder how hard is that... and refund the customer any extra money... or give them the choice of a free PSN voucher or a game.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I get it now. Computer gamers are always a bunch of dorky whiners. Because they don't carry some games nobody has ever heard of, it must be filled with yuppies. Go to Micro Center to buy computer crap.
    blah blah blah. you are just upset because I called it a yuppie store. get over it. By the way, the yuppie store already crossed my mind right when I took my first step into the store. I didn't make that statement to myself because they didn't carry the chess software I wanted, it was made before that even happened.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 10-23-2013 at 01:29.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Glad i did not rush this and never pre-ordered
    Yeah, but this is only one store. does't mean the other stores will follow in suit. Target should have contacted all of their customers that had that specific reservation and allow them to change it with a game of their choice. With GameStop they ordered everything seperate for me just in case this would have happened.

Super Elite
    GAME is the same here lol.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    WTF does that mean? I went in there about a month ago and it hasn't changed much in the last 10 years besides what they stock. I buy 99% of my electronics online, but I would have no problem buying something there if they were priced cheaper than Amazon.
    I agree, if I can get it cheaper than Amazon, I always go to Best Buy. In fact I ran in there the other day for something and threw $5 down on a Watchdogs pre-order for the eventual release.

As for the system, I have a launch preordered from Amazon and BB. I asked the BB rep again if they guarantee my system and he said absolutely. He also said since they're doing the midnight opening, pre-orders will be on one side, they'll get systems first, then the walk-up. But if you don't make the midnight opening, he said your system is pulled aside for pickup. Also mentioned that they have a ton of units coming in. Now, as for Target, they suck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Dedicated Member
    GREAT NEWS from Target if your affected:
    They are going to honor the System Pre Order now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...d53f767900001e

"We apologize for your recent Target.com experience," reads a Target email sent to one individual. "We are working on a solution that will ensure you receive the video game console you pre-ordered. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill the bundled video game portion of your order due to publishing delays. You will receive an email tomorrow with further directions on how to confirm your order. We are committed to shipping your game console by the date on your original order. Additionally, we are emailing you a $100 Target eGiftCard for your inconvenience."

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    GREAT NEWS from Target if your affected:
    They are going to honor the System Pre Order now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...d53f767900001e
    Now the world will still revolve. Nice.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    I agree, if I can get it cheaper than Amazon, I always go to Best Buy. In fact I ran in there the other day for something and threw $5 down on a Watchdogs pre-order for the eventual release.

As for the system, I have a launch preordered from Amazon and BB. I asked the BB rep again if they guarantee my system and he said absolutely. He also said since they're doing the midnight opening, pre-orders will be on one side, they'll get systems first, then the walk-up. But if you don't make the midnight opening, he said your system is pulled aside for pickup. Also mentioned that they have a ton of units coming in. Now, as for Target, they suck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    I dunno. I was lucky enough to get one of the in store preorders. It was a $25 card for the order and on the back it says they will hold it up to 3 days or so. You said BB you HAVE to be there for the midnight release.

Also, I get a $10 gift card.

Veteran
    So first they caught in the butt, and now they're honoring the preorder by guaranteeing a console on day one and plus they get a $100 gift card? Now that's a sweet deal.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    So first they caught in the butt, and now they're honoring the preorder by guaranteeing a console on day one and plus they get a $100 gift card? Now that's a sweet deal.
    Seriously, now I wish I preordered my ps4 from Target, Lol!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I may wind up disappointed on Nov. 15 (North America), but as long as I'm playing games on PS4 or PS3 or PS2/PS1 downloads that day, I'll be good.

Shut up and play games

Thread Information