Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83

People losing their preorders all together from Target?!

First off I want to whole heatedly say I'm sorry for your loss and hope you and your PS4 see each other someday soon.
    What was done to you was not right, unfair, and down right $#@!ed up.
    Man, I can't imagine losing your entire preorder all because of Watch Dogs, and Driveclub getting delayed...$#@!!!!
    Ubisoft and Sony should have thought of this before hand and tried to prevent it. Same goes for Target, they took the easy way out like $#@!es and just said "$#@! it" and just canceled the orders instead of put any effort into it and actually try and make they're customers happy. But no.
    I mean it's not that far fetched to think that someone wouldn't have stopped to think "hey, what about all of those bundles that have our game on it? What's gonna happen to there preorders?" I think this is total BS and could have been dealt in better ways.
    Like I said, I can't even fathom losing my preorder. I would flip the $#@! out. I would feel sorry for anyone that's around me when I find out. I would pull a "Skibbidy bop em da dup" on some sales reps asses for sure, and get no where because there's nothing I could do.
    I wouldn't even be flipping out because I lost my place so much as the way I lost it and how it shouldn't have even happened.
    Anyways, I'm so $#@!in sorry to any of you that actually lost there PS4's, honestly I am. I would feel so used and dumbfounded because of all the time I've put into the research and info, the hundreds of YouTube videos and forums, endless, endless forums for months and months.
    (At least that's how I am, lol!)
    It finally being a month away to the day and, smack! Like a giant purple $#@! to the face...no more day one.
    I feel for you guy's I really do.
    Let me know if any of you guys were effected by this. I'm curious to know how you were treated when trying to resolve it over the phone or email.

I agree total crap they could have at least offered console on its own or different games. I got in contact with game the 2nd driveclub was offically delayed since I had pre ordered a game exclusive bundle containing it. Which I was told they are in talks with sony to try and resolve the matter and that my day 1 pre order wouldnt be cancelled. Shpuld have been this easy for any retailer instead of screwing every1 over.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I hear Best Buy is $#@!ing up as well. Apparently, if you go in and put money towards your preorder....they have to cancel the preorder and ring you up a new one with the new money down.....which then puts you farther back on the list.

It's $#@!ing ridiculous how these stores are working it.

Just goes to show why nobody takes them seriously when it comes to these things. BB is going under sometime in the not so distant future and since they do things like this....they deserve it.

I hear Amazon, on the other hand, really stepped up and did ppl right. They changed bundle preorders to regular preorders. So at least ppl who were first will get something.

It's not Ubisoft or Sony's fault. It's the stores fault. They have every right and the power to change things around like Amazon did.

Why they didn't is just pure laziness and not caring.

PSN ID
    nervegas_ds
    amazon also gave people a $10 credit to buy a replacement game. i got killzone for $50, even though i already had it preordered. just canceled and ordered it again.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    My friend lost his pre-order at Target a month ago. I currently have two pre-orders, one from Best Buy and a Watch_Dog bundle from Amazon. Best Buy deducted the full $400 from my bank account immediately - quite a financial surprise, but at least it's safely paid-for now. I'm just worried about having problems on launch day regardless (mine is a store pick-up). When Watch_Dogs got delayed, Amazon notified me, then changed my pre-order to a Launch console pre-order and gave me a $10 discount towards a launch game title of my choice.

Shut up and play games

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Glad i did not rush this and never pre-ordered
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    So glad I pre-ordered from Amazon. Sony needs to work with the retailers to fix this. The stories I've heard about Walmart, Target, and Best Buy are scary.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    These stores can only sell what Sony sends 'em. Blame Sony.

edit:

misread OP. Sowry.
    Last edited by F34R; 10-22-2013 at 14:26.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Explain to me, please, how a retail store's customer-service practices are Sony's fault. This isn't an issue of too few consoles available, it's poor pre-order planning. Amazon was able to do right by their customers, so does Sony get credit for Amazon's good pre-order program?

Shut up and play games

10. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NerveGas View Post
    amazon also gave people a $10 credit to buy a replacement game. i got killzone for $50, even though i already had it preordered. just canceled and ordered it again.
    i did the same thing. Amazon took care of us.

Elite Member
    They still have the ps4. The bundles are no different than the standard ps4. They just tossed the game in the box.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    oh do I hope this was a joke post. lol

14. Likes F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    My fault. I misread the OP. I'm appreciative of the replies lol. Set me on the right track.

16. Likes Equinoqs, Demi_God likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    This is why I only buy hardware from EB GAMES (GameStop) they get the Lions share of console allocation and if they tell you it's guaranteed it's guaranteed no B.S or F****** around you get your console launch day no hassles, if you're not guaranteed to get a console on launch you're told that you will get the next allocation and you wait... simple.

Sure GameStop have the most ridiculous game pricing and trades ripoffs on the planet... but at least you get your hardware.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Amazon will take care of customers, the rest are $#@!ed especially best Buy that will be a nightmare to get money back. Worst case file a claim with card.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I never do any business with bestbuy. They are very anti-consumer. Has anyone been into bestbuy recently? it's a big yuppie fest in there.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    And this is why I always just pre-order the system by itself...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Yeah, I don't think Amazon have ever let me down.. and they handled this as I expected, really bloody well. I'd be pissed if my pre-order got cancelled.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I never do any business with bestbuy. They are very anti-consumer. Has anyone been into bestbuy recently? it's a big yuppie fest in there.
    WTF does that mean? I went in there about a month ago and it hasn't changed much in the last 10 years besides what they stock. I buy 99% of my electronics online, but I would have no problem buying something there if they were priced cheaper than Amazon.

Veteran
    That's a bummer, they should give customers the option to get a console only guaranteed on day one.

Ultimate Veteran
    target should get sued for this a class action lawsuit.if this was me i would sue there butts off

PSN ID
    sayyestoweed
    I did mine at Walmart so lets hope nothing happens to them next (fingers crossed)

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    WTF does that mean? I went in there about a month ago and it hasn't changed much in the last 10 years besides what they stock. I buy 99% of my electronics online, but I would have no problem buying something there if they were priced cheaper than Amazon.
    in the last 10 years, are you kidding me? It certainly has changed from 10 years ago. While it does still carry kitchen appliances it's mainly apple products and HDTV's. The entire setup of BB has changed very much, lower on the PC consumers while rasing up the apple products. now it's basically separate booths in the store. You have your Apple Kiosk along with other company kiosks which they never had 7,8,9 years ago.

Yes, it's all yuppies. I went in BestBuy like a week ago to find some Chess software and of course their PC area shrunk so dramatically, I really don't see a purpose going in there anymore at all unless BestBuy is the only store within 20 miles from anyplace else. lol

27. Likes dtownsboy likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I worked at BB for 2 years back in '07 & '08....and it was just awful. I was in logistics and ppl would stop and ask me questions and I just happen to be into computers and whatnot and I would help them b/c I'm there to help regardless, right?

Nope...they would $#@! at me saying I wasn't trained as a salesmen. Then continue to say that I don't know how to push cords and extra crap on the customer. While I understand that BB is there to make money....I still believe the best policy is to be fair and honest. Thats one of the reasons ppl like Amazon.

As a reference...I bought a HDMI cord about 12ft or something....retail....like $50....employees get it for what the store pays plus 5% or something....it only cost me like $8 or something really cheap.

Anyway....BB is so by the book it's frustrating as hell.

PSN ID
    Loopoiu
    Damn seeing this sorry guys to hear this

Thread Information