Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The story is being told entirely from the first-person view this time.

Should be an interesting change for the series. Could make for a more seamless, immersive experience.
    I wonder which other game did that?

2. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Forum Sage

Looks good enough for me. Hopefully i can complete this one and not lose interest.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    probably I set my bar too high.
    It helps when you compare launch games to launch games:

PS3 flagship launch title:

PS4 flagship launch title:

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    A lot of games have done it. I'm not saying it's an original idea. It will just be a change of pace for the series.
    Last edited by Ixion; 10-24-2013 at 15:30.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

Man, I loved Crowbar Hunter 2.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

6. Likes mynd , BBK.. likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I don't know how it can be underwhelming. Looks better than a launch title should look. Resistance didn't look great.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    New and risky hasn't been part of MS's strategy for the past few years when it comes to their games and I'd be surprised if they started now.
    I Agree and I disagree.

Yes Microsoft hasn't taken any risks lately (unless you consider Kinect a Risk... )
    I disagree on that they won't start now. Heck, they HAVE to start now and it shows. Buying new studios, making new IPS and not sticking to the old and overdone series is a very healthy sign.

As for KillZone... All I'm saying is that I'm surprised the launch trailer probably shows the less pretty instances of the game. If it's actually representative of it, then I'm dissapointed. Yes you could say Gameplay is everything but come one, with all the sh*t Sony & Fans have been throwing all these months about being it the Ultimate Console Powerhouse, it just doesn't show with KZ and any other launch titles.

On the other hand, Ryse and Forza probably do live up to the expectations of a next-gen launch title.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I Agree and I disagree.

Yes Microsoft hasn't taken any risks lately (unless you consider Kinect a Risk... )
    I disagree on that they won't start now. Heck, they HAVE to start now and it shows. Buying new studios, making new IPS and not sticking to the old and overdone series is a very healthy sign.

As for KillZone... All I'm saying is that I'm surprised the launch trailer probably shows the less pretty instances of the game. If it's actually representative of it, then I'm dissapointed. Yes you could say Gameplay is everything but come one, with all the sh*t Sony & Fans have been throwing all these months about being it the Ultimate Console Powerhouse, it just doesn't show with KZ and any other launch titles.

On the other hand, Ryse and Forza probably do live up to the expectations of a next-gen launch title.
    Dude, go watch the new multiplayer footage and tell me that's not a proper next-gen game:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...player-Footage

Forum Sage

Dude, go watch the new multiplayer footage and tell me that's not a proper next-gen game:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...player-Footage
    While it does look much better than we have now I don't think it looks any better than BF4.
    Maybe it is just the YouTube feed. It looks good, really good. But it hasn't wowed me.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Yes its the YouTube feed! There was a comparison image of YouTube feed of nba 2k14 and gamesyde footage of the same image, it was like two different games. No insult but you need to check your eyes if you think bf4 looks better than killzone lol. The ridiculous part is I'm getting bf4 (prefer variety).

@aquanox

Should have left out that last sentence lmao...especially forza (Ryse looks good)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    There was a comparison image of YouTube feed of nba 2k14 and gamesyde footage of the same image, it was like two different games.
    Tried doing bit of a google, but couldn't put the right words together.. you got a link?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Tried doing bit of a google, but couldn't put the right words together.. you got a link?
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=98

Gamersyde:

Gamespot:

14. Likes darky89 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    I'll post the images

Exhibit 1 Gamespot feed

Exhibit 2 gamersyde

See how much detail is lost from a bad compression (gamersyde is also compressed but a much better representation)

16. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I Agree and I disagree. Yes Microsoft hasn't taken any risks lately (unless you consider Kinect a Risk... ) I disagree on that they won't start now. Heck, they HAVE to start now and it shows. Buying new studios, making new IPS and not sticking to the old and overdone series is a very healthy sign. As for KillZone... All I'm saying is that I'm surprised the launch trailer probably shows the less pretty instances of the game. If it's actually representative of it, then I'm dissapointed. Yes you could say Gameplay is everything but come one, with all the sh*t Sony & Fans have been throwing all these months about being it the Ultimate Console Powerhouse, it just doesn't show with KZ and any other launch titles. On the other hand, Ryse and Forza probably do live up to the expectations of a next-gen launch title.
    Forza 5 looks more like Forza 4.5. Just look at the Alps and Laguna Seca videos. And no day/night cycles or weather in a next gen sim racer? No excuse for that. So no, Forza 5 does not live up to the expectations of a next gen launch title. I thought you said that you "set your bar high?" lol

Forum Sage

No insult but you need to check your eyes if you think bf4 looks better than killzone lol.
    Well I was playing the Beta maxed out and to me personally it impressed me more than KZ:SF. I haven't had a chance to play or see KZ in the flesh yet though.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Well I was playing the Beta maxed out and to me personally it impressed me more than KZ:SF. I haven't had a chance to play or see KZ in the flesh yet though.
    Nvm pc...i keep forgetting there's s master race 😞

Carry on

20. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Forum Sage

No need for a sarcastic reply. As I said, I haven't seen KZ in the flesh yet. It might blow me away when I see it on my TV.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    No need for a sarcastic reply. As I said, I haven't seen KZ in the flesh yet. It might blow me away when I see it on my TV.
    Lol i wasn't being sarcastic. Obviously I thought this was a knife fight! All of a sudden you pull out an uzi lol.

Obviously pc will always look better especially if you have the rig! Nobody is disputing that, I just thought we were on the same wave length (as in discussing CONSOLE games) but obviously you have been playing on a pc...which makes your point earlier valid but then mind boggling at the same time that you'll throw in a pc when talking about consoles

See if your first post that you mentioned bf4 said the pc version, I wouldn't have quoted you. I thought you were talking about bf4 console version

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 10-24-2013 at 19:47.

23. Likes BBK.. , Admartian likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Wow...its like IM looking at two different frames <s$#@!>

But yeah Gamersyde is one of those places you go to their videos and just go wow, these are really good quality.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Master Guru
    I'll post the images

Exhibit 1 Gamespot feed

Exhibit 2 gamersyde

See how much detail is lost from a bad compression (gamersyde is also compressed but a much better representation)

Man, you loose sooooooo much detail. I might stop bothering to watch anything that isn't on gamersyde.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Graphics aside. I'm a little disappointed in the 10 hr single player campaign. I guess it's all about the online these days so hopefully that's pretty deep. Has there been online co-op announced besides in the dlc packs?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    Graphics aside. I'm a little disappointed in the 10 hr single player campaign. I guess it's all about the online these days so hopefully that's pretty deep. Has there been online co-op announced besides in the dlc packs?
    the game have big replay value because there is multiply ways how you can complete each mission

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    the game have big replay value because there is multiply ways how you can complete each mission
    Personally I tend to find that more of a cop out used to make a game seem longer, many devs say that about their games, but (especially with something like this) your second play through will be very, very similar.. so don't see it as legitimate lengthening. That is just my opinion of course.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    Eh, unless its a completely different way (ala Splinter Cell), most games with this sort of replayability are just about taking a different route to the same cutscene.
    I don't think Ive ever replayed through a FPS unless it was for achievements.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-24-2013 at 21:45.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Eh, unless sits a completely different way (ala Splinter Cell), most games with this sort of replayability are just about taking a different route to the same cutscene.
    I don't think Ive ever replayed through a FPS unless it was for achievements.
    i think GG use more classical aproach to lvl dedign, where you always reach same door/boss/etc, but with different routes, like Q2 as example. and im totaly fine with that, because i always loved this concept opposite to modern one

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    Graphics aside. I'm a little disappointed in the 10 hr single player campaign.
    Really? That seems a bit longer than usual when it comes to these games. For example, the campaigns in COD and Battlefield are usually about 6 hours.

Personally I tend to find that more of a cop out used to make a game seem longer, many devs say that about their games, but (especially with something like this) your second play through will be very, very similar.. so don't see it as legitimate lengthening. That is just my opinion of course.
    Every mission has multiple objectives, like GoldenEye, and you can accomplish them in any order. In addition, doing one objective first will affect how another objective plays out.

So there SHOULD be some decent replay-ability there. But I'm just going by what Guerrilla said.

Thread Information