Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Finally You Are Free
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I bet they're counting on the flash of next-gen in combination with the brand name to carry it despite the lack of love and detail given to the game. It's rather petty, and it may prove devastating given the competition that's coming.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I'll sleep easy at night with the current gen version tucked in the library.
    So far, next-gen has failed to excite.
    AC4 may as well get on current gen.
    BF4 is just BF3.5
    And Ghost has doubled it's res and little else...

Meeeeehhhhhhhh.

They need a game changer...They being next gen in general...

Praetor Illuminatus
    Differed Rendering > XBox One.

Fact.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illuminatus View Post
    Differed Rendering > XBox One.

Fact.
    LOL, are you suggesting COD has Differed rendering....Just no.
    DR could easily be done by XBO BTW.
    64 bits per framebuffer is a bucket load to play with. It's twice what the PS4 pushes out.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-30-2013 at 22:52.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I'll sleep easy at night with the current gen version tucked in the library.
    So far, next-gen has failed to excite.
    AC4 may as well get on current gen.
    BF4 is just BF3.5
    And Ghost has doubled it's res and little else...

Meeeeehhhhhhhh.

They need a game changer...They being next gen in general...

Mynd, you have a good point man!!!! i expected summit to blow my mind from day one.....mind not blown yet

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    hmmmm...didnt they sad that ps4 version was 90fps and one only at 15??

This is what they said in June. So something happened between here and then with the dev kits, or their ability to get it to run properly.

SOURCE

IGN and EuroGamer have posted new information regarding Call of Duty: Ghosts.
    EuroGamer sat down with Mark Rubin and has confirmed that Ghosts will run 1080p on Xbox One and PS4. Mark also confirmed that all platforms will be running at 60PFS.
    “We’re always so focused there anyway,” he said. “It maybe wasn’t a challenge as it is for some people. For us it’s so ingrained in the way we make our games that it just happens that way. We have a game that runs at 60 frames a second, we start putting stuff in and if something starts to affect that we’ll either tweak it or take it out. The console versions are still in severe development, but it looks good so far. We actually have a 4K TV at work and got the game running on that. It looks phenomenal. The 4K TVs have a max hertz of 30, so we’re maxing it out. It looks amazing!”

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    mu guess is dev ability with the software. back in june IW said they had both systems running 1080p, 60FPS. So something they couldn't GET to make work, not that it WOULDN'T.

IMO, like others have said, it likely comes down to dev skill.
    could be several reasons for that. maybe they upped the details. maybe it's because MS was jumping around finalizing the OS. maybe they sent the devkits too late.

what i do know is that having two big games like that with such a difference in resolution isn't mostly due to dev skill and it can't just be due to software issues.

we also have a likelyhood that X1 was cheaply made (low-cost) as we know Kinect 2 cost half the money...whether it was subsidized or not, we don't know but it's more seemingly true now than before.

so with some certainty and clues, we know that X1 does not have parts as expensive as PS4 and thus not as powerful...there are some parts that we know for a fact, are not as powerful.

so the question is, they obviously picked ESRAM for low-cost but was it to keep the console adequate enough for next-gen (as it comes bundled with an expensive peripheral and supposed to be an all-in-one console) or was it to keep it close to par with the PS4? (so that there isn't a big difference)

right now it seems like it was to keep it adequate...will it be on par with the PS4 moving forward? considering its theoretical bandwidth with the ESRAM? we'll just have to see. we have to keep in mind that the RAM bandwidth X1 has is close to what PS4's "raw" bandwidth is...we're just comparing numbers at this point. we also need to realize that the GDDR5 RAM is also "faster".

What else would matter is how well the consoles are built for video games...to me, it seems like PS4 was built with games in mind, not apps. GDDR5 is better for graphics (G stands for graphics, surprise). the GPU is more powerful on the PS4 or is rumored to be i think.

so considering what devs have been saying, what's on paper and what we're seeing, there's a small chance that it's just dev skill and that X1 is on par with the PS4.

again, what i'm curious about is how much MS really spent on the console and how much is the Kinect 2 for. because so far it seems like this may be true and maybe they're not subsidizing the device...we'll just have to wait and see...in the next 2 years.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Next gen starts when David Cage says it does.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    could be several reasons for that. maybe they upped the details. maybe it's because MS was jumping around finalizing the OS. maybe they sent the devkits too late.

what i do know is that having two big games like that with such a difference in resolution isn't mostly due to dev skill and it can't just be due to software issues.

we also have a likelyhood that X1 was cheaply made (low-cost) as we know Kinect 2 cost half the money...whether it was subsidized or not, we don't know but it's more seemingly true now than before.

so with some certainty and clues, we know that X1 does not have parts as expensive as PS4 and thus not as powerful...there are some parts that we know for a fact, are not as powerful.

so the question is, they obviously picked ESRAM for low-cost but was it to keep the console adequate enough for next-gen (as it comes bundled with an expensive peripheral and supposed to be an all-in-one console) or was it to keep it close to par with the PS4? (so that there isn't a big difference)

right now it seems like it was to keep it adequate...will it be on par with the PS4 moving forward? considering its theoretical bandwidth with the ESRAM? we'll just have to see. we have to keep in mind that the RAM bandwidth X1 has is close to what PS4's "raw" bandwidth is...we're just comparing numbers at this point. we also need to realize that the GDDR5 RAM is also "faster".

What else would matter is how well the consoles are built for video games...to me, it seems like PS4 was built with games in mind, not apps. GDDR5 is better for graphics (G stands for graphics, surprise). the GPU is more powerful on the PS4 or is rumored to be i think.

so considering what devs have been saying, what's on paper and what we're seeing, there's a small chance that it's just dev skill and that X1 is on par with the PS4.

again, what i'm curious about is how much MS really spent on the console and how much is the Kinect 2 for. because so far it seems like this may be true and maybe they're not subsidizing the device...we'll just have to wait and see...in the next 2 years.

I can't argue with your logic, but if the game was running with no issues at 1080p, 60FPS.. and now all of a sudden, there is something that made them drop the native res and rely on a scaler, there is something more than hardware.

I am suspecting a role reversal, that the devs are going to have to learn MS's custom architecture much the same way people had to learn to trick the cell into doing things.

Oh well, doesn't matter in the end... we can conjecture all we want. We all know the fanboys have their mind made up, and bring forth the snarky gifs and smart asses to the threads.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Mynd, you have a good point man!!!! i expected summit to blow my mind from day one.....mind not blown yet
    Killzone?? Drive club?? Come on people!!

Sent via Xperia B6000 Tapatalk
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Praetor Illuminatus
    At least when Sony charges you $500 for a console, it's not a generation behind. Holy crap, I can't get a PS4 fast enough, now! WHY WHY WHY did I not preorder one when I had a chance??

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I can't argue with your logic, but if the game was running with no issues at 1080p, 60FPS.. and now all of a sudden, there is something that made them drop the native res and rely on a scaler, there is something more than hardware.

I am suspecting a role reversal, that the devs are going to have to learn MS's custom architecture much the same way people had to learn to trick the cell into doing things.

Oh well, doesn't matter in the end... we can conjecture all we want. We all know the fanboys have their mind made up, and bring forth the snarky gifs and smart asses to the threads.
    Like I said, it's most likely a mixture of both.

Come on, can't hate on gifs - can't tell me you've never ever posted one. But yeah, there'll be people whose minds have been made, but we can't attribute all of those people to have had malicious intent against anything, when doing so.

The majority may just be a bit pickier than that of the average gamer (which is picky enough).

Yes, we could use less smart-asses (at least the unfunny ones that are just there to be difficult and play dumb). But that goes all ways mate.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Next gen starts when David Cage says it does.
    Ew. Please no.

Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post

Another shooter and driving game, only now with some AA and shinier lighting. How exciting!

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Killzone plays totally different than the previous titles. More than just pretty graphics.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post

No, they're right. The graphics are nice and the resolution is bigger but these are still current gen games on next gen hardware. None of them have introduced revolutionary or innovative gameplay ideas or mechanics. I see people talking about the Owl in Killzone as innovative; it's not, its just another game play AI like the lil robots you can conjure in Ratchet and Clank, but flashier.

There is more innovation happening on current gen than next; DUST 514 is an example. While it's early in development, what it is working towards just blows everything coming out at launch and even in the launch window. It's all very nice making flashy games at 1080p but the fact that CCP were able to create a cross genre, cross platform super IP with players from both platforms linked together in a universe of 7500 solar systems all on a super server called Tranquility just blows all that stuff out the water. It will take more than feats of programming to really wow me next gen, I want to see more people doing what CCP is doing; pioneering programming, hardware and content to create truly unique experiences.

I have heard elsewhere that BF4 is BF3.5 and CoD is in the same boat. No next gen game that I've seen dares to do anything new...YET! I'm sure we will see those titles once 7th gen is put on the back burner and devs can make games that dont have to reach some kind of compromising parity.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Killzone plays totally different than the previous titles. More than just pretty graphics.
    The videos I've seen of it make it seem like a prettier Killzone 2/3. What about it is so different now? Did I miss something?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    No, they're right. The graphics are nice and the resolution is bigger but these are still current gen games on next gen hardware. None of them have introduced revolutionary or innovative gameplay ideas or mechanics. I see people talking about the Owl in Killzone as innovative; it's not, its just another game play AI like the lil robots you can conjure in Ratchet and Clank, but flashier. There is more innovation happening on current gen than next; DUST 514 is an example. While it's early in development, what it is working towards just blows everything coming out at launch and even in the launch window. It's all very nice making flashy games at 1080p but the fact that CCP were able to create a cross genre, cross platform super IP with players from both platforms linked together in a universe of 7500 solar systems all on a super server called Tranquility just blows all that stuff out the water. It will take more than feats of programming to really wow me next gen, I want to see more people doing what CCP is doing; pioneering programming, hardware and content to create truly unique experiences. I have heard elsewhere that BF4 is BF3.5 and CoD is in the same boat. No next gen game that I've seen dares to do anything new...YET! I'm sure we will see those titles once 7th gen is put on the back burner and devs can make games that dont have to reach some kind of compromising parity.
    Oh geez, here goes Ghost with the Dust 514 speech again. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The videos I've seen of it make it seem like a prettier Killzone 2/3. What about it is so different now? Did I miss something?
    What is it exactly that youre looking for? Its a FPS. I hear people whine and cry about innovation but always without an explanation. Rhetorical question so no need to answer. So glad I'm not so nitpicky like that because I enjoy gaming alot more. If I was as unhappy as alot of the "elite" gamers on internet gaming forums sound I would just drop gaming and move onto something else. Thats what I actually do respect about non-forum gamers. They just enjoy the games for what they are and have fun. So many forum going gamers are just a bunch of pretentious crybabies. Anyway, rant over. lol Not directed at anybody in particular there, Rapture.
    Last edited by Admartian; 10-31-2013 at 01:41. Reason: Double post.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The levels are more open and you can choose how you get your task done instead of having one direct path like kz2/3.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The levels are more open and you can choose how you get your task done instead of having one direct path like kz2/3.
    Yeah I do love the diffrent ways to achieve your objective.

Master Sage
    I didn't know cod was once running 1080p on the xbone. Something bad happen along the way because the xbone actually got a spec upgrade.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    What is it exactly that youre looking for? Its a FPS. I hear people like you whine and cry about innovation but always without an explanation. -snip-
    Well, that was a load of irrelevant nonsense. All I've ever expressed is how tired I am of being leashed down corridors and told what to do and where to go in shooters. The shooter genre is in stagnation, and has been for years. Something needs to break the mold, or at least offer some key variations to spice things up. Running around and shooting some guys in small, static environments before being told to move on is not very stimulating anymore.

You should be happy that 'whiners' like me exist, because we're the ones asking for greater games.

That will definitely help, then. The key is offering variety and freedom to the player. This is something that made, say, Halo : CE a lot of fun, because you were met with a lot of scenarios that let you choose how to tackle. It's amazing how shooters have lost that over the past generation.

I would really like to see a shooter that combines advanced AI with world destruction, maybe with some light parkour elements. That would be really fun.

Praetor Illuminatus

Said this former Green Ranger.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Pssh Socom 2 is more innovative than any next gen game coming out for launch.

Sp voice commands that actually worked.

Dedicated servers
    Lobbies
    Clan support
    Headset/keyboard chat
    GUNS WITH RECOIL lmao

See see a game from more than a decade ago still got it, who needs ps4/xb1?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

24. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    @Rapture - Wow, your response sounds pretty touchy especially when I said my comment wasn't directed at anybody in particular but hey, if the shoe fits then wear it. As for KZ SF it looks like it has some pretty open levels. An observation made by quite a few hands on articles as well. Hardly a corridor shooter anymore. Its not FC open but certainly much more than previous KZ games. And asking for greater games? No, it sounds like exactly what I said it was. EDIT - If you would have posted the explanation you gave to Two in your original comment I wouldn't have even said anything. Anyway, I'm over it. Not worth bickering about.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-31-2013 at 00:31.

Forum Overseer
    @Cuguy. Here is the reason: "We have a game that runs at 60 frames a second, we start putting stuff in and if something starts to affect that we’ll either tweak it or take it out."

So they started out with that and as they added more details, they decided to keep them and just lower the resolution on the X1. This was one of my guesses too.

Thread Information