Latest PSU headlines:

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 460
  1. #351
    Indoril Nerevar
    Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,967
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    70,146 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I bet they're counting on the flash of next-gen in combination with the brand name to carry it despite the lack of love and detail given to the game. It's rather petty, and it may prove devastating given the competition that's coming.

  2. #352
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,580
    Rep Power
    154
    Points
    98,813 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'll sleep easy at night with the current gen version tucked in the library.
    So far, next-gen has failed to excite.
    AC4 may as well get on current gen.
    BF4 is just BF3.5
    And Ghost has doubled it's res and little else...

    Meeeeehhhhhhhh.

    They need a game changer...They being next gen in general...
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

  3. #353
    Praetor Illuminatus
    Guest
    Differed Rendering > XBox One.

    Fact.

  4. #354
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,580
    Rep Power
    154
    Points
    98,813 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor Illuminatus View Post
    Differed Rendering > XBox One.

    Fact.
    LOL, are you suggesting COD has Differed rendering....Just no.
    DR could easily be done by XBO BTW.
    64 bits per framebuffer is a bucket load to play with. It's twice what the PS4 pushes out.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-30-2013 at 21:52.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

  5. #355
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,037
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    25,702 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I'll sleep easy at night with the current gen version tucked in the library.
    So far, next-gen has failed to excite.
    AC4 may as well get on current gen.
    BF4 is just BF3.5
    And Ghost has doubled it's res and little else...

    Meeeeehhhhhhhh.

    They need a game changer...They being next gen in general...

    Mynd, you have a good point man!!!! i expected summit to blow my mind from day one.....mind not blown yet

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  6. #356
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,729
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    3,261,832 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    hmmmm...didnt they sad that ps4 version was 90fps and one only at 15??

    This is what they said in June. So something happened between here and then with the dev kits, or their ability to get it to run properly.

    SOURCE

    IGN and EuroGamer have posted new information regarding Call of Duty: Ghosts.
    EuroGamer sat down with Mark Rubin and has confirmed that Ghosts will run 1080p on Xbox One and PS4. Mark also confirmed that all platforms will be running at 60PFS.
    “We’re always so focused there anyway,” he said. “It maybe wasn’t a challenge as it is for some people. For us it’s so ingrained in the way we make our games that it just happens that way. We have a game that runs at 60 frames a second, we start putting stuff in and if something starts to affect that we’ll either tweak it or take it out. The console versions are still in severe development, but it looks good so far. We actually have a 4K TV at work and got the game running on that. It looks phenomenal. The 4K TVs have a max hertz of 30, so we’re maxing it out. It looks amazing!”

  7. #357
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,793
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,606 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    mu guess is dev ability with the software. back in june IW said they had both systems running 1080p, 60FPS. So something they couldn't GET to make work, not that it WOULDN'T.

    IMO, like others have said, it likely comes down to dev skill.
    could be several reasons for that. maybe they upped the details. maybe it's because MS was jumping around finalizing the OS. maybe they sent the devkits too late.

    what i do know is that having two big games like that with such a difference in resolution isn't mostly due to dev skill and it can't just be due to software issues.

    we also have a likelyhood that X1 was cheaply made (low-cost) as we know Kinect 2 cost half the money...whether it was subsidized or not, we don't know but it's more seemingly true now than before.

    so with some certainty and clues, we know that X1 does not have parts as expensive as PS4 and thus not as powerful...there are some parts that we know for a fact, are not as powerful.

    so the question is, they obviously picked ESRAM for low-cost but was it to keep the console adequate enough for next-gen (as it comes bundled with an expensive peripheral and supposed to be an all-in-one console) or was it to keep it close to par with the PS4? (so that there isn't a big difference)

    right now it seems like it was to keep it adequate...will it be on par with the PS4 moving forward? considering its theoretical bandwidth with the ESRAM? we'll just have to see. we have to keep in mind that the RAM bandwidth X1 has is close to what PS4's "raw" bandwidth is...we're just comparing numbers at this point. we also need to realize that the GDDR5 RAM is also "faster".

    What else would matter is how well the consoles are built for video games...to me, it seems like PS4 was built with games in mind, not apps. GDDR5 is better for graphics (G stands for graphics, surprise). the GPU is more powerful on the PS4 or is rumored to be i think.

    so considering what devs have been saying, what's on paper and what we're seeing, there's a small chance that it's just dev skill and that X1 is on par with the PS4.

    again, what i'm curious about is how much MS really spent on the console and how much is the Kinect 2 for. because so far it seems like this may be true and maybe they're not subsidizing the device...we'll just have to wait and see...in the next 2 years.

  8. #358
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,555
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,103,861 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Next gen starts when David Cage says it does.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  9. #359
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,729
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    3,261,832 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    could be several reasons for that. maybe they upped the details. maybe it's because MS was jumping around finalizing the OS. maybe they sent the devkits too late.

    what i do know is that having two big games like that with such a difference in resolution isn't mostly due to dev skill and it can't just be due to software issues.

    we also have a likelyhood that X1 was cheaply made (low-cost) as we know Kinect 2 cost half the money...whether it was subsidized or not, we don't know but it's more seemingly true now than before.

    so with some certainty and clues, we know that X1 does not have parts as expensive as PS4 and thus not as powerful...there are some parts that we know for a fact, are not as powerful.

    so the question is, they obviously picked ESRAM for low-cost but was it to keep the console adequate enough for next-gen (as it comes bundled with an expensive peripheral and supposed to be an all-in-one console) or was it to keep it close to par with the PS4? (so that there isn't a big difference)

    right now it seems like it was to keep it adequate...will it be on par with the PS4 moving forward? considering its theoretical bandwidth with the ESRAM? we'll just have to see. we have to keep in mind that the RAM bandwidth X1 has is close to what PS4's "raw" bandwidth is...we're just comparing numbers at this point. we also need to realize that the GDDR5 RAM is also "faster".

    What else would matter is how well the consoles are built for video games...to me, it seems like PS4 was built with games in mind, not apps. GDDR5 is better for graphics (G stands for graphics, surprise). the GPU is more powerful on the PS4 or is rumored to be i think.

    so considering what devs have been saying, what's on paper and what we're seeing, there's a small chance that it's just dev skill and that X1 is on par with the PS4.

    again, what i'm curious about is how much MS really spent on the console and how much is the Kinect 2 for. because so far it seems like this may be true and maybe they're not subsidizing the device...we'll just have to wait and see...in the next 2 years.

    I can't argue with your logic, but if the game was running with no issues at 1080p, 60FPS.. and now all of a sudden, there is something that made them drop the native res and rely on a scaler, there is something more than hardware.

    I am suspecting a role reversal, that the devs are going to have to learn MS's custom architecture much the same way people had to learn to trick the cell into doing things.

    Oh well, doesn't matter in the end... we can conjecture all we want. We all know the fanboys have their mind made up, and bring forth the snarky gifs and smart asses to the threads.

  10. #360
    Dedicated Member
    roy8846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WOLVES UK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,039
    Rep Power
    38
    Points
    3,592 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Mynd, you have a good point man!!!! i expected summit to blow my mind from day one.....mind not blown yet
    Killzone?? Drive club?? Come on people!!

    Sent via Xperia B6000 Tapatalk
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

  11. #361
    Praetor Illuminatus
    Guest
    At least when Sony charges you $500 for a console, it's not a generation behind. Holy crap, I can't get a PS4 fast enough, now! WHY WHY WHY did I not preorder one when I had a chance??

  12. #362
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,264
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    30,239 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I can't argue with your logic, but if the game was running with no issues at 1080p, 60FPS.. and now all of a sudden, there is something that made them drop the native res and rely on a scaler, there is something more than hardware.

    I am suspecting a role reversal, that the devs are going to have to learn MS's custom architecture much the same way people had to learn to trick the cell into doing things.

    Oh well, doesn't matter in the end... we can conjecture all we want. We all know the fanboys have their mind made up, and bring forth the snarky gifs and smart asses to the threads.
    Like I said, it's most likely a mixture of both.

    Come on, can't hate on gifs - can't tell me you've never ever posted one. But yeah, there'll be people whose minds have been made, but we can't attribute all of those people to have had malicious intent against anything, when doing so.

    The majority may just be a bit pickier than that of the average gamer (which is picky enough).

    Yes, we could use less smart-asses (at least the unfunny ones that are just there to be difficult and play dumb). But that goes all ways mate.

  13. #363
    Indoril Nerevar
    Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,967
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    70,146 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Next gen starts when David Cage says it does.
    Ew. Please no.

    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    Killzone?? Drive club?? Come on people!!

    Sent via Xperia B6000 Tapatalk
    Another shooter and driving game, only now with some AA and shinier lighting. How exciting!

  14. #364
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,935
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    9,226 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Killzone plays totally different than the previous titles. More than just pretty graphics.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.



  15. #365
    PSU Community Manager
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,555
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    6,103,861 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    Killzone?? Drive club?? Come on people!!

    Sent via Xperia B6000 Tapatalk
    No, they're right. The graphics are nice and the resolution is bigger but these are still current gen games on next gen hardware. None of them have introduced revolutionary or innovative gameplay ideas or mechanics. I see people talking about the Owl in Killzone as innovative; it's not, its just another game play AI like the lil robots you can conjure in Ratchet and Clank, but flashier.

    There is more innovation happening on current gen than next; DUST 514 is an example. While it's early in development, what it is working towards just blows everything coming out at launch and even in the launch window. It's all very nice making flashy games at 1080p but the fact that CCP were able to create a cross genre, cross platform super IP with players from both platforms linked together in a universe of 7500 solar systems all on a super server called Tranquility just blows all that stuff out the water. It will take more than feats of programming to really wow me next gen, I want to see more people doing what CCP is doing; pioneering programming, hardware and content to create truly unique experiences.

    I have heard elsewhere that BF4 is BF3.5 and CoD is in the same boat. No next gen game that I've seen dares to do anything new...YET! I'm sure we will see those titles once 7th gen is put on the back burner and devs can make games that dont have to reach some kind of compromising parity.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

    THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST



  16. #366
    Indoril Nerevar
    Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,967
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    70,146 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Killzone plays totally different than the previous titles. More than just pretty graphics.
    The videos I've seen of it make it seem like a prettier Killzone 2/3. What about it is so different now? Did I miss something?

  17. #367
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,664
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    154,487 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    No, they're right. The graphics are nice and the resolution is bigger but these are still current gen games on next gen hardware. None of them have introduced revolutionary or innovative gameplay ideas or mechanics. I see people talking about the Owl in Killzone as innovative; it's not, its just another game play AI like the lil robots you can conjure in Ratchet and Clank, but flashier. There is more innovation happening on current gen than next; DUST 514 is an example. While it's early in development, what it is working towards just blows everything coming out at launch and even in the launch window. It's all very nice making flashy games at 1080p but the fact that CCP were able to create a cross genre, cross platform super IP with players from both platforms linked together in a universe of 7500 solar systems all on a super server called Tranquility just blows all that stuff out the water. It will take more than feats of programming to really wow me next gen, I want to see more people doing what CCP is doing; pioneering programming, hardware and content to create truly unique experiences. I have heard elsewhere that BF4 is BF3.5 and CoD is in the same boat. No next gen game that I've seen dares to do anything new...YET! I'm sure we will see those titles once 7th gen is put on the back burner and devs can make games that dont have to reach some kind of compromising parity.
    Oh geez, here goes Ghost with the Dust 514 speech again. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The videos I've seen of it make it seem like a prettier Killzone 2/3. What about it is so different now? Did I miss something?
    What is it exactly that youre looking for? Its a FPS. I hear people whine and cry about innovation but always without an explanation. Rhetorical question so no need to answer. So glad I'm not so nitpicky like that because I enjoy gaming alot more. If I was as unhappy as alot of the "elite" gamers on internet gaming forums sound I would just drop gaming and move onto something else. Thats what I actually do respect about non-forum gamers. They just enjoy the games for what they are and have fun. So many forum going gamers are just a bunch of pretentious crybabies. Anyway, rant over. lol Not directed at anybody in particular there, Rapture.
    Last edited by Admartian; 10-31-2013 at 00:41. Reason: Double post.

  18. Likes victorijapoosp wishes they had posted this first.
  19. #368
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,935
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    9,226 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The videos I've seen of it make it seem like a prettier Killzone 2/3. What about it is so different now? Did I miss something?
    The levels are more open and you can choose how you get your task done instead of having one direct path like kz2/3.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.



  20. #369
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,664
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    154,487 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The levels are more open and you can choose how you get your task done instead of having one direct path like kz2/3.
    Yeah I do love the diffrent ways to achieve your objective.

  21. #370
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,935
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    9,226 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I didn't know cod was once running 1080p on the xbone. Something bad happen along the way because the xbone actually got a spec upgrade.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.



  22. #371
    Indoril Nerevar
    Rapture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,967
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    70,146 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    What is it exactly that youre looking for? Its a FPS. I hear people like you whine and cry about innovation but always without an explanation. -snip-
    Well, that was a load of irrelevant nonsense. All I've ever expressed is how tired I am of being leashed down corridors and told what to do and where to go in shooters. The shooter genre is in stagnation, and has been for years. Something needs to break the mold, or at least offer some key variations to spice things up. Running around and shooting some guys in small, static environments before being told to move on is not very stimulating anymore.

    You should be happy that 'whiners' like me exist, because we're the ones asking for greater games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The levels are more open and you can choose how you get your task done instead of having one direct path like kz2/3.
    That will definitely help, then. The key is offering variety and freedom to the player. This is something that made, say, Halo : CE a lot of fun, because you were met with a lot of scenarios that let you choose how to tackle. It's amazing how shooters have lost that over the past generation.

    I would really like to see a shooter that combines advanced AI with world destruction, maybe with some light parkour elements. That would be really fun.

  23. #372
    Praetor Illuminatus
    Guest


    Said this former Green Ranger.

  24. #373
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    13,731
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    24,735 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Pssh Socom 2 is more innovative than any next gen game coming out for launch.

    Sp voice commands that actually worked.

    Dedicated servers
    Lobbies
    Clan support
    Headset/keyboard chat
    GUNS WITH RECOIL lmao

    See see a game from more than a decade ago still got it, who needs ps4/xb1?

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  25. Likes John Willaford wishes they had posted this first.
  26. #374
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,664
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    154,487 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @Rapture - Wow, your response sounds pretty touchy especially when I said my comment wasn't directed at anybody in particular but hey, if the shoe fits then wear it. As for KZ SF it looks like it has some pretty open levels. An observation made by quite a few hands on articles as well. Hardly a corridor shooter anymore. Its not FC open but certainly much more than previous KZ games. And asking for greater games? No, it sounds like exactly what I said it was. EDIT - If you would have posted the explanation you gave to Two in your original comment I wouldn't have even said anything. Anyway, I'm over it. Not worth bickering about.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-30-2013 at 23:31.

  27. #375
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,793
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,606 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @Cuguy. Here is the reason: "We have a game that runs at 60 frames a second, we start putting stuff in and if something starts to affect that we’ll either tweak it or take it out."

    So they started out with that and as they added more details, they decided to keep them and just lower the resolution on the X1. This was one of my guesses too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.